Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCNM and monster drop rate talk... waaa i'm lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCNM and monster drop rate talk... waaa i'm lost!

OOOK So here's the ultimate question besides "let's not die and make a battle plan" in BCNMs... WHAT EFFECTS THE DROP RATE?

I've seen many people say it's the moon phase or the day or even the time of day. Not counting treasure hunter (if it even works, you're opening a chest to get the item, not killing the monster. I don't know if that matters or not), what are the specifics on getting the rarest item in a BCNM that's really a pain to get...

Also

I've noticed that different monsters drop different items at different rates on different moon phases! I don't get it! I swear I was out with a friend one day and we got 30k in an hour while pissin around with crawlers, and then not half that the day after (in real life).
    I suppose moon phase effects the drop rate, but how so?
    FFXI isn't the most informative game >< I swear there's so many hidden things. But... that's why i want to ask you people to help me!
    Tell me, what really effects drop rates for not only BCNMs now, but normal monsters!
    Is it moon phase? Then what time? is it the day? then how does it correlate with the monsters? Fight on the day of their strongest element? Their weakest? What what what?

Re: BCNM and monster drop rate talk... waaa i'm lost!

If everyone knew everything evar there is to know about the game, what fun would it be? SE made a deep game that has a lot of mysterious.

That being said, as far as I know, drop rates from BCNMs are just based on certain drop percentages. Are those percentages influenced by other unknown factors? Mebbe.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

i have tried that and did rolls of BCNM during 2 moon phase.
      i did 6 BCNM 40 royal jelly runs all wins. under new moon. I got an archer ring... then the rest 5 out of 6 runs got nothing worthy at all that is good.
      The worse WORSE part is the last run. I ended up with 1 scroll of erase and a reraiser.... (2 drop for the BCNM).

While i did the same BCNM under full moon, 3 runs. we got 2/3 Ni, One with nothing worth it.

I am sure moon phase does affect drop rate. (there is no thf within these groups.) or i wouldn't got only a scroll and a medicine for last BCNM.... (i mean out of 30s runs... i never see drops low as that.. since its 100% a weapon, 100% a scroll and 100% a random item and 100% silime oil.

but this doesn't prove anything.... it can be just luck. I still like to believe Full moon does affect it even if it is on luck.
      -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
        If everyone knew everything evar there is to know about the game, what fun would it be? SE made a deep game that has a lot of mysterious.

That being said, as far as I know, drop rates from BCNMs are just based on certain drop percentages. Are those percentages influenced by other unknown factors? Mebbe.
        saying what you said made me regret posting this ><
        But... well i guess things like this should be left alone. I'll try to erase all this then
        ------------------------------------------
        I don't know how to erase threads....
        Last edited by Kerio; 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Never erase! Never edit! Revel in the past and leave everything for posterity!
          Last edited by Ellipses; 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM. Reason: lulz
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Heh...us FFXI players and our superstitions...I mean come on...it's probabaly just dead random and that's how I've always thought it was XD
            Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
            (have fun MMO players ^^)
            Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
              The worse WORSE part is the last run. I ended up with 1 scroll of erase and a reraiser.... (2 drop for the BCNM).
              Two years ago, people would have seen Erase drop and been like, "WOW we got really lucky!"
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                Two years ago, people would have seen Erase drop and been like, "WOW we got really lucky!"
                r-really? Were drop rates bad way back when?

Comment

No, Erase used to be a lot more expensive, like a few hundred thousand gil.

Comment

Working...
                  X