Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Caspian
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    In that case, cancel your account. Not your ID's. They will keep your characters on file for a minimum of 3 months. After that its a crapshoot if you come back and they can restore your characters, but usually they don't delete them for atleast 6 months after your last payment. As for a way to pause payment, I'm only aware of cancelling your account, then restoring it at a later date.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zarn
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    Happened to come here right when you posted, lol. Back on topic, I already stated in my first post that I don't wish to keep paying when I don't want to play, meaning that if I paid for one month I don't want to be urged to pay for a second in the cost of my content ID. ~_~;;

    Leave a comment:


  • Ameroth
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    Your content ID doesn't expire as long as you keep paying.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zarn
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    So when my content ID expires, can I renew it so I wouldn't lose my character? Or perhaps it stays there, only becomes inactive until I setup a new subscription on that ID?

    Sorry for taking over the thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Caspian
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    POL is playonline. Its SE's online service.
    Content ID's are blanks that allow you to create a character. One is free with the monthly fee, additionals are $1 apiece.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zarn
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    Hmm, I don't quite get this. What does POL stand for and what are content IDs? I've been hearing those a lot yet couldn't figure the difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    POL in general just says 'Oh hi we billed your accoun this morning' and lets you on your way.

    If you want to quit, cancel your content IDs, and then play until they expire next month.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zarn
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    It may be totally unrelated, but can't you just freeze your account once the time period you've paid for is over? Let's say I've purchased a single-month subscription to the game, knowing that I wouldn't be able to play in the next one for whatever reasons I may have, will I be urged to decide whether to keep refreshing my payments or closing the account forever? I don't have the game yet so I'm trying to gather as much information as possible for I may be regretting it later.

    Leave a comment:


  • Caspian
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    Ok, seriously. The personal attacks end now. Its not solving anything, just drop it.
    Saban, I'm sorry, unfortunately thats the way its set up. Is it not possible to leave your friend's CC info on there until a day or two before the free month is up, then just cancel the account?

    I'm leaving the thread open against my better judgment incase he has any more questions. If this crap starts again it'll be locked immediately. Saban didn't come here for life lessons, he came here to ask a question about SE's payment system.

    Leave a comment:


  • Saban
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    I didn't try them all yesterday, i've been playing online games for the better part of 7 years now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    I've played almost every mmorpg you can name
    Highly doubt that. Either way, if you're expecting FFXI to be anything like any other MMO, you're asking to hate it. FFXI is very different from anything else you have played. If you want familiar territory, go to one you do know.

    Although really, if you've got your credit cards maxed out, you should have higher priorities than trying all the MMOs you can.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    I see the other side fine, and it looks retarded ;p

    you sign up for an online game...... and it gives the requirements for registration...

    its not the companies fault if you cant meet them......

    anyway I agree with you about being done with this stupid argument, going to bed I have work tomorrow -.-

    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    I'm done having this stupid argument with you. You are incapable of conceding a point or seeing the other side, so it's a waste of my time and yours.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    Originally posted by Murphie View Post
    It's a FREE TRIAL. My god.

    yes... that requires a valid CC under its limit... how hard is that to understand.

    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: Removing CC Information from PlayOnline?

    It's a FREE TRIAL. My god.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X