Spells....bit too pricy for my noobiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spells....bit too pricy for my noobiness

Is there a place where beggining spells are cheaper?
    If so about how cheap do they go for?
    Yay Tarutaru Dancing

lvl 9 RDM on Alexander ^.^
    If you wanna look me up the names Riiku ^.-

Re: Spells....bit too pricy for my noobiness

if with "beggining" u mean lvl 1-15 u can get those from any starting nation hell cheap thats no a problem wait until u start needing the tier II spells or whm spells for lvl 50+ those r expensive

Comment

ffxi.wikia.com

Go there and search for the spell you are looking for. Or the job you're playing and it will have a list of spells by level that you can aquire. Once you click on the spell it will take you to the spell's page.

The Spell's page will list it's cost and from what vendors you can get it from. Also a number of the lower level spells can be obtained form drops from various monsters about the level you'll be exping. Also from time to time check the AH to see if it's cheaper there than from the vendors (sometimes it is, but mainly in Jeuno if you've made it that far).

Assuming you're new, make sure you're getting signet from the gate guards so that you can obtain crystals. You can sell the crystals on the AH for some profit, as well as other drops from mobs. If the drops you have are worthless, then just sell them to a NPC for some loose change.

And last, but not least, SAVE YOUR BEASTMAN SEALS! You'll use those at later levels for some fairly profitable fights.

EDIT: Also, what nation have you started in? If Windurst, I suggest selling the Yagudo Necklaces, Silk Thread, and Bee Hive chips you'll collect for some gil as well. Threads and Chips sell best once you have a stack of them as opposed to singly.
      Last edited by Necropolis; 10-31-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

just a quick answer in the port area of the 3 starting cities is a magic shop. all the begining spells are they and are quit cheap. there will be a couple of spells not always available like poison. only the city in first place in conquest gets that spell. just a suggestion on making gil check ah prices against npc prices. if you can make a profit by buying a spell from npc and reselling on ah you should do so. some people wont look anywhere but the ah for spells and other items.

Comment

thanks all...
          I'm lvl 4 right now and can't yet kill yagudo's, i have been saving those seals thanks for the info on those and ill start selling my crystals on the AH, i am in windurst tho so im not sure if they are gonna sell that great cuz i never see anyone..

other than that thanks again ^.^
          Yay Tarutaru Dancing

lvl 9 RDM on Alexander ^.^
          If you wanna look me up the names Riiku ^.-

Comment

While it's true that a lot of people don't hang out in the starter towns, they do frequent it for the crafting guilds and Outpost Warps. They will typically sell rather fast. Personally I'm in Windurst at least 8 times a day, I just never hang out there I suppose.

A piece of advice if I might offer. BLM is a fun job, but at early levels requires the use of a sub job that you don't yet have. You can aquire the support job at level 18 by completing this quest: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Elder_Memories

I would suggest also leveling Whm or Rdm up as a first job (a job you'll often use as a support job for Blm). This way you can unlock the support job with whm or rdm, and go back to leveling blm with your new sub job. You'll gain access to cure spells which will help you solo a little bit better.

Hope you enjoy the game <(^.^)>

Comment

Working...
            X