Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Square Enix doing anything about the lack of Sony Machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Square Enix doing anything about the lack of Sony Machines?

sorry but $10...... thats not a OMG ripoff at all
    get 100,000+ people to buy that though, and suddenly it starts looking nice

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

It's still only $10 per person, meaning for each person, buying 1-2 or however many you really need, really isn't that bad. Of course they're making mad profit cause of how insanely popular the Wii is, but that's what a company is supposed to do. Isn't that better than paying say...$100 more for something, and having 100,000 people buy it?(Just pulled the number out of nowhere, dunno what to relate it to.)

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post

and on the remote argument.....

360 wirless 49.99
        Sixaxis 49.99
        Wiimote 39.99 \/
        nunchuk 19.99 >> 59.98

sorry but $10...... thats not a OMG ripoff at all
        It's not that $10 more for the controller is a ripoff. It's that $49.99 is already too high of a price to pay for a controller. With wireless being the standard now, we shouldn't be forced to pay premiums for controllers.

When Nintendo preaches the low price of the Wii, then charges $60 for a fully-functional controller, it rubs some people the wrong way.
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Sony screwing over FFXI players again?

Can't say I'm surprised. The HDD debacle was a key reason SE started moving to multiplatform development and publishing. This is why I'll be moving on to the PC version in due time. PS2 HDD has probably been the most reliable part of my PS2 in the last, oh, four years. It will play FFXI, but Ico? Fuck that, too hard to read old discs.

Funny how sony removes the emotion engine to bring focus to PS3 development. Why not just kill PSP while you're at it? Same tech, plus it has enough good low-cost games to make me care about it more than PS3. Oops.

Comment

It's ironic that it's the PS2 that is constantly cited as hampering FFXI's graphical and gameplay progression when Sony do their utmost to fuck over FFXI players.

Comment

Didn't SE deliberately develop FFXI for the XBox 360 because of Sony being a bunch of tards when it comes to their machines?
              Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
              Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
              Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                Can't say I'm surprised. The HDD debacle was a key reason SE started moving to multiplatform development and publishing.
                I'm pretty sure FFXI was developed from the ground up to be multi-platform, and long before Sony discontinued PS2's which can have a hard drive.

Edit:
                I'm not sure why Sony didn't add something like Firewire/iLink to PS2 slim and release an external hard drive for PS2. S-E could've probably bundled an external hard drive for not too much more cost than the internal hard drive they included for the PS2 version, if Sony had added a suitable high speed external data port to PS2.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Ok! Official thread hijack for something far more important and life threatening even!!!!

It will play FFXI, but Ico? Fuck that, too hard to read old discs.
                  WHAT is this about a PS2 not playing my beloved Ico?!?!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
                  X