Buying gil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying gil?

I was just curious as to what happens when someone buys gil.? personality I think it is wrong and it isn't something I would do. It was something I was asked by another player on the game who is having trouble making gil seeing that she/he are new and I became curious.
    Last edited by beautifly459; 10-18-2007, 03:55 PM.

Re: Buying gil?

GM Dave comes after you to feed you to the Sky Gods

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
      GM Dave comes after you to feed you to the Sky Gods

...and people on forums flame you.

Comment

And a bunny dies.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by beautifly459 View Post
          I was just curious as to what happens when someone buys gil.? personality I think it is wrong and it isn't something I would do. It was something I was asked by another player on the game who is having trouble making gil seeing that she/he are new and I became curious.
          If someone buys gil and a game master or FFXI staff finds out, their account will be banned.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

To be honest, nothing direct happens. Chances are, you don't get caught, no one ever knows (unless you talk about it in-game), and you get away with lots of gil.

The indirect consequences are the real concern. Buying and selling gil messes with the economy in bad ways. It dumps money into an already unbalanced economy and inflates prices for everyone. Also, it makes you a cock-blowing ass-ramming cheater. If you can live with the fact that you are a cheater who pussies out in online games, and that almost everyone you come in contact with will prejudge you and dislike you, you'll be fine.

Finally there's that chance that SE actually does catch you (this does happen) and now not only have you gotten your account terminated, you're also a dumb shit who wasted real world money on virtual data that doesn't actually exist.

That's about what happens in a nutshell.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
              To be honest, nothing direct happens. Chances are, you don't get caught, no one ever knows (unless you talk about it in-game), and you get away with lots of gil.

The indirect consequences are the real concern. Buying and selling gil messes with the economy in bad ways. It dumps money into an already unbalanced economy and inflates prices for everyone. Also, it makes you a cock-blowing ass-ramming cheater. If you can live with the fact that you are a cheater who pussies out in online games, and that almost everyone you come in contact with will prejudge you and dislike you, you'll be fine.

Finally there's that chance that SE actually does catch you (this does happen) and now not only have you gotten your account terminated, you're also a dumb shit who wasted real world money on virtual data that doesn't actually exist.

That's about what happens in a nutshell.
              Wow. If that doesn't discourage someone from buying gil, I don't know what will. o_o

... Aside from getting the Ban Hammer chucked into your skull.
              Originally posted by Yygdrasil
              Originally posted by Nandito
              Ponies.

Duh.
              You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

SE's legal team will come to your house and touch you at night :3
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Pretty much.

Don't do it.
                  PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                  Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                  WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                  Currently Playing:
                  FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

If you buy gil something may or may not happen. If they don't catch you, grats you will have gil and you won't be poor. Thing is in those cases the "easy come easy go" begins. Since there was not any effort to see how to make some, those gil will be spent fast and you will end buying again and i n the end all in all just wasting money.
                    If you do get caught then not only you lost money from those buys but also the time and effort you spent on you account to level your toon.
                    Even now the economy is still very fluctuating with prices going down very fast, no need to make it even worse than it is

Comment

Yey I spent $100 so i can get some only to banned from the game a week later.

Usual thing ( I saw it on garuda and pissed myself laughing) guy needs to buy gear. guy shouts for anyone to lend him gill, no takers. he logs off. (i'm bazaring in jueno by the way) 3 hours later he appears, goes to MH comes out goes to AH changes into haubergan+1 (1.3m gill on garuda) someone notices and shouts gill buyer, guy makes his first mistake and says "Fuck you at least I don't have to waste time farming" 10 minutes later he disappears (no d/c or resting). I tell teh guy who had shouted gill buyer, he had reported to GM, gill buyer banned. SUCKER!!!!!!!! I was so happy.

No point spending real money, play the game properly and work at it or don't play at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
                        Yey I spent $100 so i can get some only to banned from the game a week later.

Usual thing ( I saw it on garuda and pissed myself laughing) guy needs to buy gear. guy shouts for anyone to lend him gill, no takers. he logs off. (i'm bazaring in jueno by the way) 3 hours later he appears, goes to MH comes out goes to AH changes into haubergan+1 (1.3m gill on garuda) someone notices and shouts gill buyer, guy makes his first mistake and says "Fuck you at least I don't have to waste time farming" 10 minutes later he disappears (no d/c or resting). I tell teh guy who had shouted gill buyer, he had reported to GM, gill buyer banned. SUCKER!!!!!!!! I was so happy.

No point spending real money, play the game properly and work at it or don't play at all.
                        Most likely he got banned for saying fuck, as opposed to actually banned that quickly for buying gil.
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                          Most likely he got banned for saying fuck, as opposed to actually banned that quickly for buying gil.
                          I've reported people multiple times for language only to see them walk by the next day and do /em flips Olorin the bird.
                          Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                          Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                          Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

/sidetrack

Language is against the ToS? Has that always been the case, or did I miss an update somewhere?
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Always has been.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X