"Overdue?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Overdue?"

I've had my POL account going for four years and just recently changed to a new bank card, I log in today to find my account suspended but also with the claim I have overdue fees and I'm getting dinged $10 more dollars than I should be to restart my account.

My understanding was that I don't pay for the previous month, but always the current month, so there should be no "overdue" since I'm never afforded the luxury of being late to start with.

And of course, lazy bastard POL customer service isn't open yet.

Re: "Overdue?"

You mean SE doesn't shut off your account as soon as it finds out it can't hit an invalid credit card number? That's... uhh.. unusual.
    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Under what concept are those 10 bucks being charged though. Does it say "Reactivation fee" or is it another kind of thing?

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
      You mean SE doesn't shut off your account as soon as it finds out it can't hit an invalid credit card number? That's... uhh.. unusual.
      This isn't about why they suspended the account,but about the extra $10 USD charged as overdue fees.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

POL is wierd.. There's been times where I cancelled my Content IDs before the billing cycle and I wasn't charged if I were to reactivate in the middle of a new month, rather, I'd get charged at the next billing cycle.

There'd be times I'd cancel and reactivate only to get charged initially on the reactivation.

But this is a different situation with you since you just changed cards.. I know you're not a retard, so I'm going to avoid asking the dumb questions like if you put all the information in right, but just double check all the possible human errors.

Like whether or not SE even accepts it, or whether or not your card was active to authorize transactions like that and etc.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

i've been suspended once before this and didn't reactivate for two weeks, but it was the usual fee back then and that was with a different bank and different card.

Gonna call POL and find this out, I've notices sometimes systems will apply overdue fees before the 12pm mark, only to remove them after. Still there was no reason for it to be there in the first place and if I'm gonna pay extra for my usual service, I often like to know why.

And yeah, I'm pretty meticulous about entering my info, so that can't be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
            Under what concept are those 10 bucks being charged though. Does it say "Reactivation fee" or is it another kind of thing?
            This isn't about why they suspended the account,but about the extra $10 USD charged as overdue fees.
            If anything it's probably similar to a overdraft fee or a returned check fee (you know that thing they had back in the day when you bounced a check)..
            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Wierd, about 3 months ago, i switch my account to my own bank's check card nothing like that happened o_O.....
              me thinks bbq's posts are catching up to him now....sssshhhhh
              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Working...
              X