WotG expansion = 4 new cities!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WotG expansion = 4 new cities!!!!

hmmm that is amazing but I think that might break up the community cause then the present day cities will look more empty and even the new cities will look somewhat empty cause of course not everyone will get the expansion, and many will still be hanging around Whitegate. and unlike Whitegate/Al Zahbi, WoTG will have 4 new cities, past versions of the existing original 4 cities, so that does stretch the community like butter over too much bread.

so we have these past-time Basty, Windy, Sandy, and Jeuno, not to mention the rest of the zones out there that have existed before the Zilart expansion, but now there are past time period versions of themselves. well most will probably end up hanging around past-time Jeuno, since that is a central hub like present day Jeuno and Whitegate.

SE did say the AH will be linked despite the time period/zone differences. but it sure sounds overwhelming like a back to the future sort of thing.

well the miffy side is that the zones will be familiar but the good side is that it's less likely we'll get lost. =P

but then again the younger versions of the cities will have new NPCs and new quests and stuff, so yeah there's a lot to see and learn. hehe I wonder what Dunes will look like, maybe the sand will look more golden than pale and faded.
    there's also the question if there is a condition to visiting these zones or maybe it's treated like a new continent almost.

Re: WotG expansion = 4 new cities!!!!

I'll go with subligars, specially if they were used by Elvaan and Galka.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Has it been confirmed that the cities will even be functional? If they don't have usable mog houses, auction houses, etc they won't be used that way - only as a place to quest, and possibly fight.
      ~Zozor!

Comment

you have a point there, I mean it would be too weird to settle down and live in the past. but I think it will still have AH and shops. and maybe homepoints.
        but I think there will be moghouses too or at least Nomad moogles to change jobs cause the new zones will definitely have new camps for leveling. it would be too much footwork going to the present to change jobs before going to a past zone.

Comment

Even with 4 new cities, players will still tend to congregate in one particular city. You can't see the /shouts going on in 10-years-ago-Bastok if you're in 10-years-ago-Windurst.

Either past-Jeuno becomes the new player hub, or Whitegate will remain the hot spot for players to congregate. Either way, you won't see the player dispersal predicted in the OP.

That's my prediction, anyway.
          Lyonheart
          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I'm more interested in the outposts and Villages, like Davoi and Ghabelsia.

And yeah, if the exp is good Past Jeuno will be the place to be, or perhaps if leveling in your home city gives more exp, then perhaps a devision between the 3, having party members shout in all 3 cities (they could have a way of making shouts go to all 3 cities though)

Comment

Maybe the 3 cities are the evil versions of Sandy , Bastok and Windy...
              Everyone has to wear a goatee including females...

Comment

Think we will have access to Tavnazia main city?

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOBI View Post
                  That would own. Maybe as an unlockable area, like sky and sea? Do some missions, BAM! Tavnazia, in all its pre-destruction glory.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

20 years ago actually.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      That would own. Maybe as an unlockable area, like sky and sea? Do some missions, BAM! Tavnazia, in all its pre-destruction glory.
                      Im thinking the same thing. But I think we should give it some time once it's released. EVERYONE will be trying to just figure out the new world. then we'll start seeing people congregate in certain cities. Unless you rname is Triel.. then you'll spend half your time dying in new places^^.
                      It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOBI View Post
                        Yes, and it will most likely be the new central hub city SE mentioned. 20 years ago Tavnazia was at it's prime.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

SE did also mention that the new expansion will only have the original FFXI areas. Tavnazia wasn't introduced till CoP

Comment

We have seen some "taz" znes, that were oh so on the border.

And i see no problems with us seeing taz, they just won't let us go there. After all that was like THE battle, the bitchingest one there was. We might even get a CS version of the opening (god i want a new opening!)

Comment

Think mobs with the title dancer on them will change to dancer like the "merrow" and lamia? or would they leave them the same?

Comment

Working...
                              X