Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Race/Gender Change Comment and Suggestion... Rally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Race/Gender Change Comment and Suggestion... Rally?

Character Race/Gender Change Comment and Suggestion Rally!

I like many others have been established and have enjoyed XI for a few years or longer. In the course of time, we have enjoyed the game and what it delivers. Achieving what we can. After time we have poured out for want of new things and Square-Enix has listened and provided us with new content and new implementations. Some of them that were requested.

Over the years we'd wanted a World Transfer option. It has been given, though available at a fee and limited in usage for appropriate reasons, it has been given nonetheless. Amongst that outcry of want people have also desired a change of their Race and Character gender. Some take the measure in their hands to completely restart their previous character progress by starting anew. Some of us have even altered our XI DAT files in order to acquire a change. Though in doing the latter it appeases us players to an abrupt end, that only ourselves can see the change.

There are many repercussions to consider in suggesting this idea to Square-Enix amongst the advantageous outcome of happier players. If you are one of many who wish to suggest your want of this change, please also note the following.

1) Expense.
    Like the World Transfer service, this option may require a fee for the service rendered. Are you willing to pay a small amount out as you have for the World change?
    2) Time and availability.
    The implementation of such a feature could take months to be arranged. If or when it may be implemented they may suspend at their will to allow your option to change your character Race/Gender; 1 change per X amount of time.
    3) Loss of equipment, or loss of equipment usage.
    This factors in what you already possess and if the availability of a change is worth it to you.

a.) RSE. Are you willing to submit your loss of RSE (Racial Specific Equipment) or loss of usage of said equipment?
    b.) Marriages. Are you willing to submit your loss of wedding specific equipment? Nullifying your marriage standing. At this time Square-Enix does not support same character gender marriage.

4) Statistic modifications.
    Your character, once higher in standard in one aspect of statistics may now be at a loss in said statistic(s).

These are three main factors that you must take to mind and also display your awareness of. It is also possible, if Square-Enix is able and/or willing, to counter these disadvantages where able. Although some of us players have already paid the price, literally, to have the World Change implemented. There may be more factors to note, if so, voice them! Let us all be aware of what this change can alter and also clearly see we understand such alterations we are willing to risk.

Many of us have acquired our end-game goals. Reaching 75, with one or numerous jobs. Adding time and merit to our existing character. Players from any level may at a time wish for a change that revitalizes their interest and interactive gameplay without wanting to lose the time they have invested. I and many of you would rejoice at such a feature and perhaps Square-Enix would see a flourishing input of gamers who had quit but taken new interest. The same can be said of offering the World Change.

The comment and suggestions for Final Fantasy XI can be found here:

PlayOnline's Website > Service and Support > Contact Us > E-mail Support Inquiries Form > Comments and Suggestions!~

This is for those of us who truly desire this implementation. If you don't, you don't! To have achieved where you are now in the XI community you have invested your time and abilities, and this is no different when voicing our want.

Please take into consideration though it must be voiced with clarity for them to understand us, that we realize both the plus and sacrifices possible. We must also consider their work to grant us more enjoyable game play and appreciate them for it. While this is their job many of them I am sure have wanted to design and work on a game with some passions throughout their lives. Thankya~ ^^

Re: Character Race/Gender Change Comment and Suggestion... Rally?

I'd so change to Mithra if they had a male counterpart option. =/. Sometimes I wonder what it would been like going Tarutaru RNG though.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
    'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
    Dymlos
    Bahamut server
    Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I'd LOVE to be able to change my race.

I restarted my character once before, thought I'd go Mithra for the stats, but well, it makes really so little difference at 75 that I'm just sick of staring at a mithra all day

Comment

I'm just sick of staring at a mithra all day
        Better than staring at a galka all day though

Not a bad idea, but I'm rather happy with my mithra, but I can see where some people may like a change.

EDIT:

Of course, that was said with the races we get to play as in mind. If SE gave us new playable races, I'd totally want the option to switch. I'd actually kinda like to be one of those little Qiqirns

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

If they gave us Moogle race (will never happen!) I'd change in a heartbeat kupo!

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
          Dymlos
          Bahamut server
          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Hah, a Moogle Dark Knight ^^ As if the taru drks weren't cute enough!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Horrible, horrible idea people to let go of already. Writing it out to look like a PlayOnline announcement doesn't really change it's flaws.

How do you explain CoP Mission 8-3 working?

The quest Fit for a Prince?

Several events?

The dozens and dozens text and even titles that are based on gender and race?

I wonder if it's even POSSIBLE for SE to change a race of a character. It might be imbued with the very character data. It would explain why race reacts so importantly to the game. It's not as simple as server transfers which moves one character data to another server. This actually modifies it.

All this just so you can have slightly better stats for your favored jobs. How pathetic. I rather SE actually work on the game rather than go back and make a race conversion work(telling from how difficult Chocobo Racing was to implement, I can't imagine how headache inducing this would be to make). Maybe add racial merits that help a race "catch up" on their weaker stats.

Give it a rest.

PS. If you really hate your Mithra or Galka so much(which I really find comical, since no race is particularly ugly), just .dat swap it.
              Read my blog.
              ffxibrp.livejournal.com
              Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
              Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post

How do you explain CoP Mission 8-3 working?

The quest Fit for a Prince?

Several events?

That's just it really. Those are event based only. They are not built -into- your character, they are step-by-steps which build your character and are a separate system that identifies you by what you are.
                If you had completed a racial specific quest it would not alter the fact it has been completed, as the entirety of it is a different system and only grants an accept or denial in the end. Compounding all of that other information physically into your character would be a mess. It is like a turn based event, A to B to C. While some things as I pointed out or anyone else may point out, there are remnants such as your rewards.

I do in fact remember 8-3. However, again, if you have already completed 8-3 or CoP altogether what alteration would the race change have to affect that? It would have been done already. If you change your race prior to CoP 8-3 then you would of course follow the system as it is designed and accept the next path of whatever racial specific quest that would follow.

If there is a new implementation of a completely different, unique race? I could see it becoming that grand of an issue. As it stands with the current selection I do not though. It is a system designed for one step after another. If they literally built it into your character itself instead of being server-side it would be a cluster and huge resource wasting process.

edit:
                It isn't necessarily about statistic want as it is a mere change. The note about meriting is only a forewarning that players should take to mind, while if a race/gender change option were implemented they must make it known they realize this if they contribute their want for.

As mentioned about the .dat in my opening post. Did you really read it?

Still thanks for your post. It opens up the option to talk clearly about it and for all of us to understand any pros and cons.
                Last edited by Saaya; 08-10-2007, 12:41 PM. Reason: Also...

Comment

I agree with legal fish about not being able to change race, but for different reasons. I can see changing ones job as to learn and train, but how does one go about in a storyline suddenly morphing into another race? Database wise I'm sure the race is just a template where
                  hp=job times varible a+race times varible a/2=(hp total) and the same for defence mana, stats, exc. It's a generic template so database wise it would require changing the race varible in the program. That being said I don't think it's a good idea to let people change out to the ideal race each time a new job is tried out.

Btw: Dymlos I difinatly wish we had male mithra so I don't have to be gender confused to play on that race ^^

Comment

Or you could just start another character and level your desired job on that. It works.

I didn't even pick my mithra to be a COR for racial stats, but for the fact I didn't want BRD on my older character overshadowing COR and also that I found the look of COR more pleasing on a Mithra than a Tarutaru. It also gave me the perfect opportunity to specialize both characters rather than just level all my jobs on one and have a mediocre set of merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Saaya View Post
                      Players from any level may at a time wish for a change that revitalizes their interest and interactive gameplay without wanting to lose the time they have invested.
                      It is about this, a matter of convenience. Just as it would have been for want of starting anew across a different world. Many people are hindered by the idea of redoing everything they have gained for who knows how long. A sacrificial move some take and some do not. There is no right or wrong way. It is not to make a tale of woe or just how devoted you are to the cause, but convenience.

Comment

What happens if you change your race DURING the problems?
                        Read my blog.
                        ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                        Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                        Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Hmm... here's a thought. How about you can't just instantly morph your character into another race whenever you like, but when you transfer to another world, you have the option of changing your character's appearence/race as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
                            What happens if you change your race DURING the problems?
                            During what problems? I do not see what your question is directed at anywhere above pertaining to a particular problem.

Comment

If you are referring to a matter of, "What if you have a pending/active Racial or Gender specific quest?"

Again it is step by step, turn based and activated by what you currently are. It is an issue of course that must be made aware of and SE would either nullify your activation of said quest, or else you would be triggered into the proper sequence that your Race/Gender would be then "active" as.
                              For instance if you started one of the Mithra related quests. Your character changed to a Hume. Your quest would be nullified, as your character no longer exists within the category of that event activated. Or if SE were able, the quest that is currently active would be resequenced to match your current standing. Such as simply acquiring the activation of the suitable quest, re-watching a cut-scene or whatnot have you.

edit:
                              These are all repercussions to consider if one were willing to partake in the change. Being aware of these, and not ignorant to would be more satisfactory to Square-Enix taking your request than to simply beg and ask for what you want. Acknowledging the conditions of what you risk. Be they very small or not.

Already there exists alterations made available. Memory resets, for artifacts or quests that are repeatable (virtually reset to 0). "If, and, else if".
                              Last edited by Saaya; 08-10-2007, 01:19 PM. Reason: Furthermore...

Comment

Working...
                              X