3 friends eager to reenter FFXI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 friends eager to reenter FFXI

Yes me and 2 friends are on the verge of coming back into the game after 3 years but were just wondering if it's still worth it and the game is still active etc. I still have the game but I need to purchase the new expansion. Is Blue Mage an advanced job? Also is there a better server nowadays or are they still pretty even? I used to reside in Valefor.

Cheers

Re: 3 friends eager to reenter FFXI

Servers are still basically the same, from what I'm told. The game still is pretty active. I've been leveling a lot of my jobs through the Dunes again and I haven't had much trouble finding even lower level parties.

Blue Mage is an advanced job, and it's very popular.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
      Servers are still basically the same, from what I'm told. The game still is pretty active. I've been leveling a lot of my jobs through the Dunes again and I haven't had much trouble finding even lower level parties.

Blue Mage is an advanced job, and it's very popular.
      Ah that's good then. I was worried everyone was going to be too high for us to find lower level parties. But if this is the case might be worth it after all.

Comment

There are a lot more people at endgame than there were three years ago, but you can still find parties in the low to mid levels. Especially if you have two other guaranteed party members. Then you only have to find three more, or worst case scenario, trio for exp.

Comment

Yes one of the updates to signet actually rewards smaller parties so trioing stuff might be a good way to get your XP up ^^
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

FFXI can only get better with time, with new expansions, updates and new players joining every day the game just improves. You can check out the latest census for all the info you want on server numbers: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../07/index.html

Comment

I would recommend returning as well - I started from scratch a couple of days ago ( after a two year hiatus ), and things are looking great so far. I found a nice linkshell ( on Asura server ), and got re-addicted to the game. Going for a WAR / MNK first, then perhaps NIN.

Anyway, good luck to you and your friends.

Comment

Working...
              X