a new merit system please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new merit system please?

i have heard the cries of players from all around vanidiel, they say its over populated with lvl 75's thus making it impossible for levels 10-60 and its making it difficult where no one can experience or level up, so i was thinking one day, infact i was thinking really hard about this.

why not add a merit system so you can select your level at any setting to get limit points?

there will have to be a new menu or a new npc involved in these locations so you can change levels to balance with your party. (specifically like at outposts) or menu wise.

select levels from 10-75

Note: you must have access to the merit system first befor doing this.

"as of now i do not know if this is a good location to ask this, or if even this is an official ffxi website" but if this is not, could some contact Square Enix about this issue?

my sincere regards

Bamont
    Last edited by Bamont; 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM.

Re: a new merit system please?

Why would anyone do this? It is a hell of a lot easier getting EXP at 75 then it is at any other point in the game, you (essentially) have access to all the gear the game offers and all job abilities.

Why would someone choose to get merit points a lot slower by partying at say lvl 40?
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

OMG MHURRON LETS MERIT IN THE DUNES!!!!!

/sarcasm off

Just give us more places to merit
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        Why would anyone do this? It is a hell of a lot easier getting EXP at 75 then it is at any other point in the game, you (essentially) have access to all the gear the game offers and all job abilities.

Why would someone choose to get merit points a lot slower by partying at say lvl 40?
        Correct. A standard xp party at lower levels can't match the xp/hr or a standard merit party. More places for a 75 to camp would be a better solution, although this also isn't a dire situation.

The problem is more with the people who think "OMG Caederva Mire is full, and so is Bhaflau Thickets, there's absolutely nowhere left to merit! Woe is us!!" Lv. 75 existed before ToAU, people found a way to get it before. I've had some damn good merit parties in Lufaise Meadows, and even sky.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

i suppose so hmm then what do you suggest that could help low levels get higher?

AND DO NOTE DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS THIS IS TO SUPPORT LOW LEVELS NOT HIGH.

this is to support levels at 10-60

Comment

I'd suggest they look up Campsitarus or Vana Bestiary and do some research so they know where they can camp. And have a look at pre-ToAU zones. They worked for 5 years, they still do.

Also, have an open mind about party setups. In ToAU zones you can throw any 6 random jobs into a party and probably do decent as a merit party. One of the best xp/hr parties I had was BST/NIN x2 SMN/WHM x2 PUP/Whatever a PUP subs and RDM/DRK. 0 vokes, plenty of kickass.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

make leveling a second, third, forth, fifth job worth leveling

Comment

blah im done, if no one has ideas besides mine i suppose things are just hectic for people.

CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by Bamont View Post
                  i suppose so hmm then what do you suggest that could help low levels get higher?
                  The same way they always have, level with others who are leveling at that range.

BTW, little hint, you can exp with less then 6 people. Just a little FYI there.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                    The same way they always have, level with others who are leveling at that range.
                    BTW, little hint, you can exp with less then 6 people. Just a little FYI there.
                    to expand on mhurron's hint

Ive soloed blm to 30 from 24 in a few hours you can even solo!

Comment

I'd suggest static'ing at lower levels...that's what I'm doing right now, and it's a lot more fun than random grouping, and the parties tend to be better overall. Find one or five friends willing to level, and level up all together, and then do quests/missions even lower jobs in the mean time. Other wise, just suck it up and go farm while you lfp, or make your own.

There honestly isn't that much trouble levelling from 10-60, as long as you're willing to try.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

They should add some meritable Active Traits. Since you're workign towards them maybe they'll be good active traits. but then again the rate that people can get 1-5 merits is pretty fast...becasue 5 merits is what...50k exp right?? someone could gain that in maybe 2-3 burn parties...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

mmm-hm , sure few hours ok

well topic solved god speeds to noobs then

i mean sure look at other servers, but what comes to a difference? i try to level my nin at lvl 10 and havnt gotten a party for 3 weeks really. i think its rediculous

i know alot of noobs complained a bout that situation as well, and ya can FLAME all ya want, i suppose nothings going to change matters. oh well.

changing subject.

maybe there could be rewards for meriting at low levels?
                          Last edited by Bamont; 06-21-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamont View Post
                            i try to level my nin at lvl 10 and havnt gotten a party for 3 weeks really.
                            Most people solo to 20 now.

3 weeks, you're not even trying to think of ways to do things.

loose

Comment

Dude no one is going to invite you at NIN10...you don't even have Utsu yet. You suck at DD. You can't evade better than a WAR yet. You're fawking useless, all you can do is Tonko. Get to 12, then try seeking, and see how hard it is for you to get a pt. ^^

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X