Unexpected rare item behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected rare item behavior?

I was farming a bit down in Inner Horutoto Ruins today, and something odd happened ... I had one set of Test Answers on Jeuno AH, and another set dropped. I didn't expect that to happen, these are Rare items, though not Ex. I'm curious about what would happen if they both ended up in inventory, but not enough to risk losing one or both...

Re: Unexpected rare item behavior?

Not surprising; rare stuff will still drop, you just can't get it. When it came for it to drop out of the treasure pool, you would get a message along the lines of you can't carry any more of that item and it would disappear.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

if it's up on the AH or in delivery, you should still be able to get it in your inventory. you just can't have two in inventory.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Rare means that a person can only have one in their inventory (inventory being you actual inventory, mog safe, storage, or mog locker -- I believe the delivery box may work around this though) at any given time.

Exclusive, however, means that only the person who has it in their inventory can use it. There is no trading of exclusive items, they cannot be sold.

So, in the case you just said (one on AH, one in inventory), the game would still let you have the one in inventory. However, if the one on the AH didn't sell, you wouldn't be able to take it out of your delivery box due to the restriction on rare items. There isn't any physical way of getting more than one rare item into your inventory at any time.
        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

You can also have multiple of a rare item in your Delivery Box. AH and Delivery Box don't count towards your Inventory.

Comment

The behavior described is normal, yes. You simply couldn't Take the rare item from delivery if unsold (or Stop Sale on it) while you had another of it.

On something of a tangent, though, anyone else notice that the Rare/Ex furniture from the Egg Hunt events are flagged as Deliverable? I actually ended up muling a Wing Egg.
            Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
            DRK99,DNC91,THF90
            Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
            Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
            WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
            Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
            All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
            Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
            Clothcraft 24
            Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
            BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I thought they fixed that shortly after the event, since some things were flagged as deliverable when they weren't supposed to be. I know a few people who got some stuff trapped on a mule that way (I'm thinking some rare/ex gear... can't remember exactly what though).
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Comment

The egg furniture's been deliverable for a good year. If they patched it it must have been pretty recent.
                Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                Clothcraft 24
                Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

you can put as many rare items as you want in the dbox. Anyone who did the old "Bubbly Bernie for massive bastok fame and noob cash" back in the day knows this.

Comment

I've had up to 5 clones of the same Rare item, one in Auction House, one in sending box, (The one that opens when talking to NPC) one in my receiving box, (moogle) one in inventory, and one in Limbo. (which is what I call the nothing zone that is items behind the items currently in your receiving box, waiting for you to drop/take/return the ones currently in it.)

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    you can put as many rare items as you want in the dbox.
                    okay just to clarify... multiple items in 'dbox' as in the "sending" set, "reciving" set
                    or in "Limbo"?
                    Quotes

Comment

whats limbo? but i know you can have more than 1 in the send and receive part of the dbox you just cant remove more than one
                      "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                      "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                      "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

He refers to limbo as the place items are after the first 8 items in your delivery box (check his post). So, for example, the 10th or 15th thing sent to you without you removing anything would be in "limbo".

And yes, I'm pretty sure that this limbo and the actual visible delivery box are considered the same in the game's eye. You could probably have multiple rare items visible to you in your delivery box. Good luck taking them all, though.
                        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                        52.2 Synergy

Comment

Working...
                        X