About changing servers update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About changing servers update!

story about changing servers. i started playing on cactaur (north american beta server). i had many friends and we had a stable economy. once beta was over and retail was launched, a large number of us ended up on midgardsormr. almost everyone i knew in game was there. but it seemed like we were missing something, and that was our original server. everyone i talked to said the same thing we want cactaur back. i think most of us eventually settled in and accepted the fact that midgard was now home. it never felt the same and to this day i still miss cactaur. well after a period of time there was the european release of FFXI. with this came server migration. many people in my ls and many of the original na beta testers were set on world migration. i could not leave another server again even if it meant i was going to be only person left in my ls. when the time came for the migration only a few from my ls left. i did make a mule and migrated him so i could keep in touch and even still play with my friends. it didnt take but just a couple of weeks i saw that i was really glad i hadnt migrated my main. my mule was no longer at home. everyone that i knew that had migrated soon quit playing. they all said the same thing, "I wish i had never migrated". its hard to make someone else understand the feelings and attachments you get to a server and its people. this game is a social experience, if you leave your familiar group you get that being alone uncomfortable feeling. i believe anyone that migrates to another server will ultimately regret their decision. well maybe not people that havent made alot of friends or who have alienated themselves for some reason. so if your considering changing servers think along time.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
      Yeah! So we can all see Elmerthepointy the best PUP evar! Hes so cool! Noone else worth seeing. xD
      Elmer isn't on Midgardsormr I'm quite sure.

Also, you be wrong, I'm the main character of Midgardsormr.
      Read my blog.
      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        Everyone goes to Fenrir so Ray doesn't have to move.
        What?
        Fixed.

Edit > I'm on the same boat as Murphie, I have some good friends in Fenrir but I could move if there was a good reason for it.
        Last edited by Raydeus; 06-02-2007, 01:20 PM.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I have a group of friends I have known since I was a lv 4 on Midgardsormr. I could never leave them, though if they move I'm moving with them.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
            I'm just going to predict a large scale "Dreams in Vana'diel" migration to a single server won't happen. There's no one charismatic
            Oh I totally could. I'm just to indecisive. And repulsive.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
              Elmer isn't on Midgardsormr I'm quite sure.

Also, you be wrong, I'm the main character of Midgardsormr.
              Hmmm? Hes on giglamesh...

I thought he said Giglamesh for a second. Sorry, I know he isn't on midgardsormr
              Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

we aren't going anywhere... we like Asura

Which FF Character Are You?

Which FF Character Are You?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
                Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                  I could use an LS, but damn man, you'e starting to scare me.
                  What can I say? I'm a real ....

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    I would totally come to your server. Unless it is a server I hate. I hate a lot of servers. Mostly Bismark.
                    Well, my server is very "not Bismark" if that helps. Pandemonium is like a phantom server. So few of our people get out to forums, check the wiki, etc. that I'm starting to think the server doesn't actually exist outside of my own mind.

Comment

I'm not moving, but my friend is moving her character to my server so she can play with me. :3

Rank 10 All Nations
                      Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                      Assault Rank: Captain
                      Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                      Unique Quests complete: 465
                      Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Originally posted by "JeanRC
                        Can be some stupid games i think like using a lv10 or below job and not allowing them to use any type of potion/sneak/invis and give them a player racing! From 1 dangerous place to another xD
                        We did this in one of our shells. We called it "the delkfutt run" and we all used level 1 jobs to try to run from Jeuno to Delkfutt tower -- starting the moment night starts and the undead come out. Only gear allowed is event gear. So people are wearing their pumpkin hats for enmity -1 and their Vit+1 eggs as if they'll actually help. =P

Amazing how fun silly can be.

Hantz, your server had one of the funniest AV experiences known to man (I'm pretty sure it was a 120ish page thread on BG titled something like "Pandemonia on Pandemonium") so they can't be too out of touch with the internet world. But really, I think all servers are really "disconnected." If you hang out in the forums too much, you start to think the community is getting smart or something... my last ummmm 7 experiences with total strangers have proven otherwise.

I think S-E said you'll be able to migrate once every 60-90 days or so? I would probably be willing to "test the water" of another server for that amount of time. However, after that I'd have to return home. I'm not afraid to call the people I've met friends. Maybe I've never seen them, and I don't know everything about them, but to quote Lain: "we are all connected."
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Kris and Murphie and who ever else plays on Bahamut I'm Sorry for you all, cue the mass emigration of people who plan to join BG.

I may be moving to Kujata to play with a few friends, but need to find a good end game shell for what ever server I move to.
                          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I likely won't stay on Bahamut anyway, so it's no big.

Comment

I've never been shy about my disgust with the many elitist idiots and drama queens on my server. I'd move in a heartbeat. Gimme a reason.

In fact.. my entire HNMLS has considered moving off Ramuh to Unicorn, because we heard that the server only has one HNMLS and Fafnir goes unclaimed for DAYS.
                              Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                              Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                              Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
                                my entire HNMLS has considered moving off Ramuh to Unicorn, because we heard that the server only has one HNMLS and Fafnir goes unclaimed for DAYS.
                                I find this very hard to believe.

I'm considering starting an auction to see where (if anywhere) Mhurron goes.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X