Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2boxing

Quick question on 2boxing.

Ok, so i know i need 2 seperate accounts/content ID's. Lets say I do.

What (if its even possible) do i need in order to be able to 2box on 1 PC?

Re: 2boxing

PC with enough ram and CPU power so everything doesn't slow down and the windower.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

So i can launch windower twice, using the same POL and FFXI install?

My PC is more than capable.

Comment

Yes. I did it a few times, but my PC wasn't up to the challenge, so I didn't bother doing it much.

Comment

Yes, it's very possible. I occasionally pull up my second account as a Rolanberry bazaar, but even with graphics turned all the way down, if there's any serious animation (beyond walking, and not even that if there's weather in rolanberry... even if weather is turned off) my framerate drops horribly.

Thinking of getting a second monitor so I can see both screens at the same time, but for now I'm content.

Also, take your current processer power and triple it. That's what you need to effectively run 2 instances. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo rated at about 2 Ghz, can push probably around 3. On graphic-intensive things, I'm getting about 15 fps.
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

That would be your graphic's card fault mainly, not the CPU.

Comment

not really feba. this game engine does not make very good use of the GPU power. for stuff like 2 boxing, your cpu and memory would make more of a difference (unless you had a crappy video card)

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I'd reccamend a dual core then for this honestly, turn off one core for each (using different cores) and you're golden.
                -Baka Inu!
                Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

If if you can get it working smoothly, isn't controlling an issue?
                  My GF tried this... and if she moves on 1 character, the other one also moves. D:

Comment

a little trick is that, after you launch your first FFXI, close it back to POL and re-launch FFXI again. This will make the window not responding to your controller without being in focus.
                    I'd reccamend a dual core then for this honestly, turn off one core for each (using different cores) and you're golden.
                    How do you do that?
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Bring up the Task Manager, Right click on the POL you want to disable a core, click on set affinity, and turn off a core?
                      -Baka Inu!
                      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

I love you Inu. How did I ever miss that? I'll be checking it out to see how well it works now.

And, I know it's my processor's fault because I'm also running duel SLI-d video. If one of my instances isn't drawing anything (camera is facing the mountain, nobody behind the character, thus nothing/very little to draw), yet I'm still getting significant framerate drops.

Also, I don't use a controller, I use a keyboard, and commands are sent only to the active window. Alt-Tab to switch focus and I'm good to go.
                        Though, I will admit, I would love to be able to control one character while watching on the other.

Edit: Sweet. Framerate is now completely different depending on the instance.
                        Last edited by KingOfZeal; 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM.
                        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Read up, I just told you how to
                          -Baka Inu!

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I've heard you could get in trouble for this. Supposedly I've heard of some temp bans b/c of people 2boxing, apparently SE can tell if there are two characters using the same IP. Don't know if its true though.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X