Expanision: Histroy lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanision: Histroy lesson

Mostly this is a post about areas...now I know the core areas will show for sure in Wings of the Goddess but what other places do you think would be cool in the past. The top three I can think of are Eldermine, Tansiniva(COP ruined city) and the Gusgen mines(what made all those ghosts?).

What areas of the FFXI would you like to vist in the past?

just to add a note: Yes I'm speculating...but that's what I want...wild rumors and speculation makes a good discussion XD
    Last edited by Shadowneko; 05-21-2007, 08:08 AM. Reason: to add the note
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Re: Expanision: Histroy lesson

No, you do not know for sure what WotG will bring. It is all really just speculation based on a short video.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Garlaige Citadel

Al'tieu (Not gonna happen but I'd still love to go there during it's prime. Too bad we didn't exist back then @ . @ least I'm pretty sure we didn't)
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well I'm guessing it'll be all the zones pre-Zilart.

Comment

Whatever this expansion brings, it's sure to give us a lot of background story behind some of the areas where we haven't seen much story develop. Zilart & CoP gave us some background but focused more on the newer areas that were introduced with those expansions. Aht Urghan deals almost exclusively with those areas. So from what we've seen of WoG so far, we'll probably learn some more detailed history behind the many ruins around the older areas, going back before the rise of the Beastmen.
          Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
          Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
          Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
            , going back before the rise of the Beastmen.
            to where the beastmen were friendly? ...or were they ever friendly...from what i understand it was the rize of the dark lord that made them go mad....

there are huge possibilities for this expansion...i'm kind guessing if we're able to go back and forth from present to past and past to present...it might mean a closing to FFXI expansions...simply because really what is left after this? is there alot of "unknown" FFXI material besides the completion of ToAU and any other additions to the expansions? I'm not saying that SE are closing the servers but an end to any expansions. I be there will be more mini-games to come and of course seasonal events and aniversaries.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

From what I understand the Beastmen were never particularly friendly in any way, it's just that the Shadow Lord actually organized them to fight against the "enlightened" races.

Comment

The beastmen strongholds closest to the towns. They should be interesting to look at.
                Maybe they'll set loose several higher level mobs close to West Ron in the past...If you do see Jaggedly eared Jack in the past, strangle him for me will you.?

Comment

All of Mindartia. I'd love to see how beautiful my home was before its guardian avatar was crippled.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'd like to see something strange just for fun, but it has no practicality whatsoever.

Like the Zone Eater in FF6 (or even in the vein of Atomos's Wormhole attack), I'd like to see a new NM that could randomly send one of the people fighting it into a small, "secret" zone to explore. Like a small dungeon where you could handle yourself alone (no mobs a la Talacca Cove, or puny mobs) just to explore and find some rare or random treasures.

That's just me though.

Comment

I'm left with the impression we'll see a time perhaps decades before the great war. We know what happened during that war, we definately know what took place after, but we've not seen much before the Zilart took hold in Jeuno.

There's a lot of lore from the character profiles they used to do in Vana'diel tribune. I'd like to see windurst before the war, I'd like to see the Dragoon Knights of Sand'oria and such.

That comet in the CSes reminds me of how the The Moon in Zelda: Majora's Mask or Meteor looming overhead in FFVII. It seems as though we're meant to prevent something from happening, yet history unfolds naturally otherwise.

Or maybe its Lunarians? Gobliz and Fu So Ya comin' to say "herro."

Or maybe its Jenova >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                        to where the beastmen were friendly? ...or were they ever friendly...from what i understand it was the rize of the dark lord that made them go mad....
                        Actually according from the tribune, the Quadav were allies with the San d'Orian Elvaans for a time during thier conflict with Bastok and Windy. That's all i can recall. Lets not forget, Gobbies are friendly, moblins aren't
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                          Actually according from the tribune, the Quadav were allies with the San d'Orian Elvaans for a time during thier conflict with Bastok and Windy. That's all i can recall. Lets not forget, Gobbies are friendly, moblins aren't
                          moblins are friendly too! (cop spoilers to go into detail)
                          Grant me wings so I may fly;
                          My restless soul is longing.
                          No Pain remains no Feeling~
                          Eternity Awaits.

Comment

Originally posted by Amele View Post
                            moblins are friendly too! (cop spoilers to go into detail)
                            I know, but the tribune with the goblin and silver beast coin said otherwise
                            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Like I said in the other thread I would love to see the Northern lands of the Gigas and the southern lands of the Mithra. The Giants came down to help the beastmen and the Mithra came up to help the "children of altana". So being able to visit those areas would be nice and wouldn't just add to the nostalgic factor as the old areas would.

the Gusgen ghosts is very interesting too like you said.

Comment

Working...
                              X