Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1up Interview about new expansion.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159493

I'm still reading it but it doesn't look like they're giving much away.

Re: 1up Interview about new expansion.

SE gives info away prior to something being released?
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

S-E gives away info about anything?

Comment

Just read something on another thread on another site; apparently, server migrations will be implemented in June and cost 3000 yen(~$30) to transfer.

Why do 1up interviewers feel compelled, every time, to ask a question regarding the slowness of besieged? SE already gave their answer(which basically admits they're willing to do nothing about it).
        MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

$30 to world shift, insanity.
          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
          Woodworking 91.9+2
          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCookie View Post
            Just read something on another thread on another site; apparently, server migrations will be implemented in June and cost 3000 yen(~$30) to transfer.
            Why do 1up interviewers feel compelled, every time, to ask a question regarding the slowness of besieged? SE already gave their answer(which basically admits they're willing to do nothing about it).
            Because it's like windower: if you bug them about it enough, perhaps they'll finally do something about it.

Anyways, I read the intervew. I left a comment:
            Originally posted by Burningpanther under the guise of SunriderBurning
            Good job asking the tough questions. Unbalanced play in the Sanction areas, ongoing Besieged lag, ongoing Dynamis reservation issues... But what bothers me, is from the sounds of it: not a single one of these things is going to be improved at all.

BLM will remain "persona non grata" and RDM will remain the preferred healer over WHM in Sanction areas(just because they offer new leveling options doesn't mean anyone's gonna take them, especially if they can't get the similar or better exp/hour), Besieged will remain laggier than wading through crude oil, and Dynamis will remain a scheduling and attendance nightmare.

I'm kind of depressed at this.

They did one thing right, which was taking the exp penalties away from CoP fights. it's never been more accessible.

I suppose I wanted to have at least one nice thing to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
              If a FFXI server does get chosen for a bunch of people here to go to I'd consider paying it. $90 for 3 characters is high though ...
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I wouldn't write off new-style EXP PTs or more zones for different PTs just yet, we'll have to wait and see on that. If anything, I hope SE meant there will be more areas opened up to be mana-burn friendly at various levels.

And, like it or not, RDM isn't in Pink Mage Syndrome purely because of ToA, but because people are willing to give in and play Pink Mage. Really, you don't have to be main healer if you don't want to. More often than not, a support class can get its way with how they wish to play.

What gets me is that people won't shake themselves from seeing BLU as a melee - the job can main heal. I've seen BLUs play backline, they have great healer/support potential that continues to go ignored. It shouldn't go ignored.

That aside, RoZ zones have new potential for smaller PTs thanks to the March Update. I know people that almost exclusively farm/merit in sky in small groups now. Its not as fast as meritting in ToA but if you're in an endgame shell doing sky, its a progressive approach to playing.

You can't hope to break the majority of players from their shallow bottom-line viewpoints, but at the same time you don't have to subject yourself to that viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  I wouldn't write off new-style EXP PTs or more zones for different PTs just yet, we'll have to wait and see on that. If anything, I hope SE meant there will be more areas opened up to be mana-burn friendly at various levels.
                  And, like it or not, RDM isn't in Pink Mage Syndrome purely because of ToA, but because people are willing to give in and play Pink Mage. Really, you don't have to be main healer if you don't want to.
                  Actually, I understand this full well. It's the part that depresses me the most. If more RDMs would simply speak out and stand against the trend rather than saying "Oh, it's fine, it's our lot in life," then everyone--including S-E, would have to bend.

However, I can't help but think that people would move away from the "Pink Mage" role more readily if they had incentive to, which the current Sanction zones don't really offer. Mobs aren't so strong that they need to be enfeebled, nor live so long that they need to be nuked, but still tough enough that it's inviable for a RDM to participate on the frontline without heavily gearing for it-and sacrificing magical accuracy/MP greatly. BLU has all of the incentive in the world to stay on the frontline--their offensive capability is good, magically and physically. RDM's offensive capability--being a weak go-between to BLM and THF, offers less reason to get off the backline.
                  Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten
                  More often than not, a support class can get its way with how they wish to play.
                  I've noticed it's becoming less and less often. Melee jobs have always held the majority(being so many of them), but now they have the primadonna attitudes to fit, what with an area so tailor-made for them. It's reaching the point where if you're a mage(other than BLU), and unwilling to main heal, you don't get a party.
                  What gets me is that people won't shake themselves from seeing BLU as a melee - the job can main heal. I've seen BLUs play backline, they have great healer/support potential that continues to go ignored. It shouldn't go ignored.
                  I still say that all it takes is time. It's been what, a year and a half since the new jobs were released? People still haven't explored all BLU's potential. No one noticed NIN could tank right after it was introduced, it took time. BLU's healing/support capabilities will be the same way. But then, it's like I said before, the also have very good incentive to stay on the front line. Their damage, while not top-tier, is more than a few measly pokes giving TP to the mob. But all it take is a few days where there aren't any RDM, WHM, or SMN available...

To be honest, for their sake, I hope no one catches on. There will be many a frustrated and heartbroken BLU when their healing capability becomes famous.
                  That aside, RoZ zones have new potential for smaller PTs thanks to the March Update. I know people that almost exclusively farm/merit in sky in small groups now. Its not as fast as meritting in ToA but if you're in an endgame shell doing sky, its a progressive approach to playing.
                  You can't hope to break the majority of players from their shallow bottom-line viewpoints, but at the same time you don't have to subject yourself to that viewpoint.
                  I agree, but when you're one against the crowd, you might be pregressively-thinking, but you'll also be slowly progressing. S-E's shortsightedness is in their belief that the current party dynamics are merely a fad that will pass. Without incentive to change(which they have the power to provide), the players won't change their roles.
                  Last edited by BurningPanther; 05-14-2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

If this hasnt been posted somewhere (if it has let me know), here's some more info on the new expansion off of BG forums.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19177

Originally posted by some interesting tidbits from the post in question
                    Each job will receive 2 Abilities and 2 Job Traits:

* Blue Mage
                    - For magical Blue Magic, forego the AoE effect for a Power Up of the spell (ABILITY)
                    - Make a spell that can target a party member into AoE (ABILITY)
                    - Add a TP Bonus to Chain Affinity (TRAIT)
                    - Raise the cap on magic set points (TRAIT)

* Corsair
                    - Make the next roll a 1 (ABILITY)
                    - Erase a roll cast on yourself (ABILITY)
                    - Extend the duration of Phantom Roll (TRAIT)
                    - Percentage of success for Random Deal UP. Will prioritize commands that are used. (TRAIT)

* Puppetmaster
                    - (Kuroko Change) Exchange HP between the Master and Automaton (ABILITY)
                    - (Ventriloquism) Exchange enmity from target monster between the Master and Automaton (ABILITY)
                    - (Fine Tuning) Accuracy (+ Ranged), Evasion, Magic Defense UP (TRAIT)
                    - (Optimization) Attack (+ Ranged), Defense, Magic Attack UP (TRAIT)
                    (NOTE: Did not specify Master or Automaton or both. However, the terms were machine-related so at least the Automaton will be receiving these bonuses)

Listed below are items that were recently moved into BCNMs. As for the drop rate, "We can't tell you exactly, but within 10 tries you should have a 40% chance at one.

* Divine Punishers - Ochiudo's Kote, Fuma Kyahan
                    * Brothers D'Aurphe - Eurytos' Bow, Cross-Counters
                    * Contaminated Colosseum - Cassie Earring
                    * Operation Desert Swarm - Serket Ring
                    * Horns of War - Healing Staff
                    * The Hills are Alive - Strider Boots
                    * Early Bird Catches the Wyrm - Juggernaut, Speed Belt

Due to this, they promised to take another look at "Outpost Teleport costs and Limbus fees" for the next Version Update.

They also acknowledged everyone's complaints over the cost of Dynamis. However, due to a fear that lowered costs would increase the congestion of Dynamis zones, they will not alter them at this time. Instead they are considering adjusting rewards for various quests, as well as adding new methods of earning gil.

# The name TaruTaru originated from ... tartar sauce (tarutaru so-su in Japanese)
                    - Iwao Kenichi, Event Team
                    Last edited by Omni; 05-14-2007, 01:55 PM.
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

So they're happy with Beseige but still Dynamis drop rates remain the same. Whats new?

Comment

It's not the drop rates that bother me so much, it's the scheduling. The opportunity to go into Dynamis-Beaucedine every three days(if that's your choice), can easily turn into every months if there is always someone in there at the only time you can go.

Make me wanna kill. KILL!

Comment

Only the Beastmaster could play solo for a long period of time, and we wanted to make another job that could play solo, and that's why we made the PUP the way it is -- so it could excel at playing solo.
                          Do they honestly have a clue what they want beastmaster to be? First it's solo, then they stamp all over it and announce they didn't really envision it being a solo class, then they toss in Pup so players have two solo classes.

Comment

* Blue Mage
                            - For magical Blue Magic, forego the AoE effect for a Power Up of the spell (ABILITY)
                            - Make a spell that can target a party member into AoE (ABILITY)
                            - Add a TP Bonus to Chain Affinity (TRAIT)
                            - Raise the cap on magic set points (TRAIT)

* Corsair
                            - Make the next roll a 1 (ABILITY)
                            - Erase a roll cast on yourself (ABILITY)
                            - Extend the duration of Phantom Roll (TRAIT)
                            - Percentage of success for Random Deal UP. Will prioritize commands that are used. (TRAIT)

* Puppetmaster
                            - (Kuroko Change) Exchange HP between the Master and Automaton (ABILITY)
                            - (Ventriloquism) Exchange enmity from target monster between the Master and Automaton (ABILITY)
                            - (Fine Tuning) Accuracy (+ Ranged), Evasion, Magic Defense UP (TRAIT)
                            - (Optimization) Attack (+ Ranged), Defense, Magic Attack UP (TRAIT)
                            (NOTE: Did not specify Master or Automaton or both. However, the terms were machine-related so at least the Automaton will be receiving these bonuses)
                            I'm not blown away by the COR merits, but they do seem to address some of our alliance play problems. Evoker's Roll is really flakey, so nudging a 1 on that ever-so-common 9 is a huge help. If the timer can be lowered down to five minutes, I'll probably merit it to max. Nudging a 10 to an 11 is always a good thing, too.

Increased Phantom Roll Duration would also help us capitalize on playing a DD or a deeper support role more adequately than COR already can.

Mulliganing our buffs could help if we did need to move to another part of an alliance and reapply a similar buff, but again, it depends all on the recast of the ability. COR has to force a buff out of rotation before reapplying one right now, so this ability could be nice to resolve that annoyance.

Random Deal is iffy. The merit effect would have to be potent to be worthwhile, hardly ever do subjob JAs get refreshed by this ability.

BLU and PUP got some really awesome merit abilities and they needed them, COR already had it very, very good so I'm not suprised ours are kinda undwhelming though still practical to merit toward.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
                              That's about what I had expected. Honestly, I thought it would be $50.

Comment

Working...
                              X