Alexander!? O_o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander!? O_o

Was looking through some of the new DATs the other day from the last update in FFXI Model Viewer and AltanaView, and take a look at what I found:

Yep, it looks like the FF series' giant castle-like summon will finally be making his way to FFXI as an avatar! And it's about time too, now that both Alexander and Odin (whom I assume to be the identity of the [wiki]Dark Rider[/wiki]) have been added to FFXI, all eight of the Celestial Avatars are now present within the game! Although whether or not he will ever be summonable is anyone's guess... But in any case, it's nice know that old Al will finally have a place in this game.^^
    Click here to for words of wisdom from the wisest man to ever walk the face of the earth!

Re: Alexander!? O_o

Ahhh how exciting :O But he looks more like an NM than anything else...but oh well, at least we get to see him in the game. :D

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Anson View Post
      Yep, it looks like the FF series' giant castle-like summon will finally be making his way to FFXI as an avatar! And it's about time too, now that both Alexander and Odin (whom I assume to be the identity of the [wiki]Dark Rider[/wiki]) have been added to FFXI, all eight of the Celestial Avatars are now present within the game! Although whether or not he will ever be summonable is anyone's guess... But in any case, it's nice know that old Al will finally have a place in this game.^^
      I think you're getting ahead of yourself and if you were current on ToA Missions, you'd know why.

Comment

First the Odin picture, now this. I mean the ToAU missions are not that hard.

PS: It's just a miniature(notice the poor detail when size is increased?) that is used in a cutscene to mark the placement of towers.
        Read my blog.
        ffxibrp.livejournal.com
        Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
        Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Okay then my mistake, no need to be critical. I had only recently seen it added to the list of Treasures of Aht Urhgan NPCs, so I figured it was added last update.
          Click here to for words of wisdom from the wisest man to ever walk the face of the earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post

First the Odin picture, now this. I mean the ToAU missions are not that hard.

PS: It's just a miniature(notice the poor detail when size is increased?) that is used in a cutscene to mark the placement of towers.
            Oh Slowpoke, up to your old tricks again...

and don't worry, I got excited about this too, until I learned about the actual size of the stupid thing.

I still have confidence in Alexander making an appearance as Odin's rival, just not yet.

Comment

Just to be mean, i'm guessing by "The List" you mean a modelviewer list, and if you've seen it in a modelviewer list that means someone else actually found the model in the first place, which means *there's almost 99.9% likelyhood there's already a goddamn thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                Just to be mean, i'm guessing by "The List" you mean a modelviewer list, and if you've seen it in a modelviewer list that means someone else actually found the model in the first place, which means *there's almost 99.9% likelyhood there's already a goddamn thread*
                Well sorry for not being specific, but I didn't really think it mattered much, it's not like people recieve praise for finding dats or anything. Also, I did not get this list from these forums, I got it from somewhere else. But even so, I still did a forum search before posting to see if this had been brought up before, but couldn't find anything subject.

Anyway, just forget it, I just brought it up because I thought it would be interesting subject matter, but I guess I was wrong. Okay fine, I made a mistake, I admit it, you don't need to chastise me for it.

Comment

Where did you find the newest model viewer list, I couldn't find any new updates on the official sites. Last model viewer update I got was when ToAU first came out.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'd think they'd add phoenix before alex as a playable avy

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                    we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I got it from somewhere else.
                      Exactly my point. Unless you found the dat yourself within a few hours of the update, we probably already know.

Comment

that could just be a fun new background somewhere...I honesty can't see a giant castle wandering around behind summoners. The two more likely avatar choices are Phoenix and Odin(assumed to be the dark rider).
                        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                        (have fun MMO players ^^)
                        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

I don't know if I see that as being playable in the future.. but it does look niiice lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
                            that could just be a fun new background somewhere...I honesty can't see a giant castle wandering around behind summoners. The two more likely avatar choices are Phoenix and Odin(assumed to be the dark rider).
                            Everyone always mentions Phoenix, but after completing CoP, I just don't see how that's possible. The Odin/DR thing doesn't seem to match up either unless they make him tiny. lol

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Everyone always mentions Phoenix, but after completing CoP, I just don't see how that's possible. The Odin/DR thing doesn't seem to match up either unless they make him tiny. lol
                              Watch that CS in lufaise again, and you'll see why we may yet get Phoenix. And WTF are you talking about in regards to Odin/DR? There's irrefutable proof that it's him. As to whether or not we'll gain him as a summon, that remains to be seen. Though SE promised us new summons with this expansion so who knows.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X