FFXI AH reveals player oddities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI AH reveals player oddities

Sometimes, just out of pure curiosity, I'll plug in a players name into the FFXI AH search. I don't really care what the hell people do with their gil or jobs, but its amusing to see what some people do.

You can go ahead and look me up, I buy lots of scorpion arrow quivers and materials, I use them for NM camping and general farming. I also sell lots of mythril pieces, that's pretty much all I ever do. Anything else I just mule or buy from mules. Got a good deal goin with a little taru mule that sells holy and acid bolts cheap, cheaper than AH.

Anyway, so I plug in a name. RDM I know of with full AFv2 and all sorts of nice widgets.

They finally learned Invisible last week. WHM to 37 two years ago, 75 RDM for well over a year. Full AFv2. God only knows what other spells are missing. Of course, this one liked to hide thier underlevelled BLM sub and went /DRK as often as they could, but kept it /anon. Wonder how they explained not having Escape.

But am I really surprised? I don't know if I can be when the only SAM on our server with a relic GK posted his achievement with a screenshot... which showed him 75SAM/25WAR

Guess that just proves the losers can win after all if they're dedicated enough.

Re: FFXI AH reveals player oddities

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

Guess that just proves the losers can win after all if they have enough free time.
    There ya go.

Comment

Are you sure its a relic and not just an image file switch?

I dunno I try not to peek on people's purchases and sales unless Im tracking down something good to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
        Are you sure its a relic and not just an image file switch?

I dunno I try not to peek on people's purchases and sales unless Im tracking down something good to sell.
        How could an image file switch work anywhere besides the client side? I see them in it periodically, /checked and seems to be the real deal.

Comment

oh you didnt say it was when you checked him, you just said it was a screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
            oh you didnt say it was when you checked him, you just said it was a screenshot.
            Oh I thought you meant the RDM, the SAM's was the real deal, he SSed the CS for completing the GK.

Comment

You sure they didn't just buy it for a mule or friend?

Comment

The SAM is real. He has undersub war, is a complete asshole and also was in my blist. He, however, leads the biggest sea farming LS on the server and as stated above, has all sorts of end game stuff.

He's the kind of guy that acts real nice to his own LS but is totally opposite with everyone else. Whether he's acting or not, he did get what he wanted.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I love the ffxiah site, but I'm a bit nosy, I look up random people and what they are buying too. But I have decided to stop looking up friends out of curiosity....

I asked a friend if he could craft a couple of instruments for me to save me some money buying them off the AH. A few days later he produced said instruments, saying how he had to try a few times to get the HQ, there were lots of thank you's and hugs from me to him.

Happened to stumble across him on ffxiah.... and saw that he happened to have bought said instruments on the same day.

/disappointed.

I wouldn't have minded if he had just said sorry no can do. Oh well... That'll serve me right for being nosy lol.

In response to OP, It's possible he bought the scrolls for a friend, or something. But I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have those spells, there are a lot of 'those' people on this game unfortunately..

http:// cerberusatemycookies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Taermus View Post
                    You sure they didn't just buy it for a mule or friend?
                    Considering who it is, helping others would be out of character for them.

Comment

One time, I was curious so I checked what my various friends had done through Jeuno AH. One friend, I did several shade gear synth attempts at no cost, with him just providing materials, and I HQed the harness. I found out that he actually sold the sucker that way.

I'm probably not going to jump to craft stuff on the cheap for him in the future.
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

ouch, thats rough... not nice when your friends shaft you that way :\

oh well, now you know for next time..

http:// cerberusatemycookies.blogspot.com

Comment

Okay while we're on the subject of FFXI AH, is there a way to check the other AH's throughout Vana'diel? The Sandy, Bastok, Windy, and Kazham AH's? I haven't figured that one out if the feature does exist.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

So far only the Jeuno AH is available via FFXIAH.com.

Comment

It used to have other cities' AH records. Guess it was too much data.
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X