Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disconnects, anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    Seriously don't think that's the case; many people (myself included) have reported players sharing connections with one client apparently working fine, while another is problematic (in the same zones). By sharing connection, we are using the same ISP...
    I didn't think so either, but at this point, we never know.

    Leave a comment:


  • ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
    I'd like to think that there is ONE thing in common with all zones mentioned and all platforms and all countries.
    Oh, I don't know... Why just "one"? There is no reason to assume we are looking at a single problem, instead of multiple ones with similar symptom clusters.

    Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
    This may sound odd, but he only thing I can think of is maybe the update itself had something malicious to where it screwed up ISPs.
    Seriously don't think that's the case; many people (myself included) have reported players sharing connections with one client apparently working fine, while another is problematic (in the same zones). By sharing connection, we are using the same ISP...

    Leave a comment:


  • Praetorian13
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    As crazy as that sounds, It actually makes sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    I'd like to think that there is ONE thing in common with all zones mentioned and all platforms and all countries.

    This may sound odd, but he only thing I can think of is maybe the update itself had something malicious to where it screwed up ISPs.

    Leave a comment:


  • ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
    If we attempt this on PC, where does that leave PS2 users? I know of 2 people on PS2 that have issues with certain zones.
    No where. >_>;

    Believe me, if I can figure out what to try for PS2 users, I would. (My sister, the PS2 user in the house, is driving me crazy because FFXI is driving her crazy. -_-; )

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    If we attempt this on PC, where does that leave PS2 users? I know of 2 people on PS2 that have issues with certain zones.

    Leave a comment:


  • ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Originally posted by DR2D2 View Post
    From what I can see the problem is probably a router issue(probably routers in general and not certain brands).
    Hmm. PS2 and PC shares the DSL connection in my household; the FFXI on PC is free of this problem so far, while the FFXI on PS2 is not. =/

    Here's a test for PC users who are experiencing problems:

    1. Move the sub-folders of your USER folder to the desktop. (By default, the contents of C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER\ ) Leave the USER folder itself in place, and make sure you are just moving them instead of deleting them; they have random-ish 6 character names composed of letters and numbers.
    2. Then, try to log on. (You'll loose your settings, but those can be restored by moving the folders back, later.)

    This way, FFXI should create a default (clean) copy of local user data for (all of) your character(s). Any custom data would be downloaded from the server.

    If you are still experience d/c'ing error
    , then at least we may reasonably eliminate the theory of mismatch between client copy of user data and server copy as a likely source of this problem.

    If this procedure (somehow magically) fixes the problem, and you rather stick with this than going back to the old user data folders, you can move the mcr*.dat files for your macros, and cnf.dat for your chat filter and chat log font coloring, I believe. I don't know which are the map marker files, so you may have to lose those--you can try moving the M*.MRK files back, but I can't guaranty that won't break anything.

    To restore previous settings, just move the folders back from the desktop to the USER folder.

    Either way, please relay your experiences if you attempt it. ^_^;

    Note: I'm not experiencing the d/c problem on my PC, and I have not tried this. While I do not expect the procedure I've outlined to cause any additional problem, use it at your own risk. I will admit NO RESPONSIBILITY if your system breaks after you try this. >_>;
    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 03-12-2007, 05:13 PM. Reason: Slight clarification.

    Leave a comment:


  • DR2D2
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    From what I can see the problem is probably a router issue(probably routers in general and not certain brands). I have been lucky in that I only have 2 dead zones so far(S. San'dora and Rulade(sp) gardens). I agree with the others who say it's not on SE's end. But I feel that SE could/should do more to try to figure out what is causing it. It seems like certain data files are corrupted in the affected people, but because they seem tio be random I believe it is a problem with the data getting to the right spot(it seems like the data gets deflected when we enter our "dead zones"). Since I don't really know much about computer fixesm, Ill leave it at that for now. If anyone has any further ideas lets try to throw them out--1 of them has to work

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Thanks for that, Nakti. Since I made the other ones, feel free to post it in those also. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Nakti
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    I'm just picking one of the R0 threads for this...

    From Playonline.com site:
    Originally posted by SE
    Mar. 12, 2007 15:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    Concerning the Connectivity Issue (Mar. 9): Follow-up

    We understand some players are still experiencing connectivity issues when they are trying to log into FINAL FANTASY XI or while traveling through various areas in FINAL FANTASY XI.

    Again, our team of technicians investigated and confirmed that our FINAL FANTASY XI servers are working properly, and our service is not experiencing any technical difficulties at this time. However we are continuing to investigate the exact cause of the issue and will make every effort to assist in remedying it.

    If you are having connectivity issues, try connecting to FINAL FANTASY XI again at another time. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you may be experiencing.
    Many of the players mentioned the trouble began shortly after the last FFXI update, so let's hope a fix arrives soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Praetorian13
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Well still no connection, still getting stuck at loading sever info screen. I've now reset my router, reinstalled it and tried a few other things. Nothing is working, yet SE says its not a problem on their end??? It worked fine after the update thur and since fri I have not been able to log in....I'm very annoyed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omniblast
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    Originally posted by TaruBST View Post
    I was having problem with the connection where it gets stuck at "Aquiring Server Data" for 3 days.
    Then I tried playing around with the router setting.
    Restarting or unplugging it didn't work, but it worked when I did "Restore Factory Default".
    My friend has same router as mine, Belkin router, and his FFXI doesn't work too and stuck at "Aquiring Server Data".
    He tried the same thing as I did, but his FFXI still doesn't work.
    I am not sure, but are all people who have this problem using Belkin router?
    Just curious...
    Connection: Charter Cable
    Router: Linksys WRT330N Draft-N Gaming Router

    I had a Belkin Pre-N router, I dumped it before the patch because it was giving me problems, and I kept disconnecting a lot. I figured it wasn't the modem, when my connection would work fine when I would just connect the cable modem to my computer directly.

    I got a new router in the end. Another Draft-N router, Wireless, Linksys WRT330N Gaming router. Seems me and my bro don't disconnect anymore, when the wireless card FINALLY worked. (Don't use PSK2, only the 1st PSK) Been playing on LAN with him on Supreme Commander, and I have no real issues disconnecting from FFXI. I havn't stepped into the mentioned zones, maybe I should test that tonight to see if I get d/ced.

    I've only been to Tul'lia, Windurst Woods, Port, Wall, Aht Urghan Whitegate, Aht Urghan this past weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Llydya
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    using D-link router

    Leave a comment:


  • TaruBST
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    I was having problem with the connection where it gets stuck at "Aquiring Server Data" for 3 days.
    Then I tried playing around with the router setting.
    Restarting or unplugging it didn't work, but it worked when I did "Restore Factory Default".
    My friend has same router as mine, Belkin router, and his FFXI doesn't work too and stuck at "Aquiring Server Data".
    He tried the same thing as I did, but his FFXI still doesn't work.
    I am not sure, but are all people who have this problem using Belkin router?
    Just curious...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jethreal
    replied
    Re: Disconnects, anyone?

    I too am having this problem, gives me the 4001 error (ps2) and I can no longer go to Sauramouge Champain (sp?). It's the only zone I've found so far that I've found that I'm having an issue with. Does any one have the workaround for this yet? Re-install? GM call? Rituallistic sacrifice of a new WoW game to the FFXI avatars??? Oh as a side note, if you can find a zone line you may be able to reconnect with the new area after you get booted. I finally managed to get out after finding Jueno again.
    I'll try the router thing tonight (one can only hope)
    And yes same issue, go from being perfectly fine in Jueno, Quifm, Rolanberry, zone into Saur. and R0 to timeout.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X