Bitoso from Creeping Doom....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitoso from Creeping Doom....

Anyone beat this BCNM?? went in with a Rdm/whm and x2 blm/whm We could not beat him...our strat was Sleep/bind and aspir away so he couldn't cure 3 or para-ga us...after tons of sucked up MP it seemed useless...seemed he had fast cast and a fast refresh ticker...

I'm kinda out of ideas on a good Strat...ideas please

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: Bitoso from Creeping Doom....

I personally used the 3x blm/whm but I hear the 3x rng/nin is the best.

From Sindarek of Caitsith:

BCNM30 Creeping Death: 3 person max
    Involves fighting a NM Crawler Bitoso who has the normal crawler abilities plus a large range AOE paralyze. Also regularly spams Cure 3

Three safe methods to take this out are the following job combos:
    RNG/NIN X3
    or
    BLM/WHM X3
    RNG/NIN , SMN/WHM , SMN/WHM

The RNG/NINx3 is one RNG is the designated Sleeper with sleep bolts while the other two take their turns firing ranged attacks, the method looks like this:
    Sleeper
    Ranged 1
    Sleeper
    Ranger 2
    Sleeper
    Ranged 1
    Sleeper
    Ranged 2
    Sleeper

Wash rinse repeat. Usually sleep sticks long enough this formula will work fine and allow another sleep bolt to be fired off and take effect.

The BLMx3 way is simply each BLM takes turns doing Elemental Seal + Sleep on the NM and then Aspiring it to death. Then they do an all out Nuke assault and the NM has no MP for Cure 3 and will literally be fried.

The RNG/NIN with SMN/WHMx2 is basically an Astral flow party with the RNG just there to sleep the mob while AF recharges for the SMNs.

Comment

2 BLM and 1RNG here. RNG used sleep bolts and BLM blew the snot out of him while acting as backup sleepers as needed. Most of the time it worked. people I've been with have done quite well as far as drops, but I've got at most 30k after 2-3 runs in an evening.

IIRC, our first attempt included trying to Aspir all his MP away but he has a hell of a lot, just use aspir to recover your own MP and keep him asleep.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I've done Blm/Whm x3 each time and it's basically a cakewalk.

Elemental Seal + Sleep? Meh - easiest just to have 2 black mages cast sleep each time. One of them will stick - Bitoso's resistance to it is minimal.

The strategy there is:

- Pick a Leader who will direct when to cast.
        - Enter BCNM.
        - Buff up.
        - Run to edge of circle.
        - Leader and Prime Sleeper both cast Sleep.
        - Black Mages run out and form a large triangle around Bitoso.
        - Leader calls for a round of Aspirs. This is to start working down Bitoso's mp as much as to replenish the Blm's mp.
        - When Leader's recast on Sleep is down to around 10 seconds or so Leader call for a round of Nukes. We usually use Water II.
        - All Blm's should cast ASAP. This means you need to make sure no one is casting Aspir when you call for a Nuke.
        - Leader and Prime Sleeper start casting Sleep so that it will land just after the 3rd nuke hits.
        - Remove any Paralysis that Bitoso may have gotten off while he was briefly awake.
        - Recast Aspir when it's up.
        - When Sleep timer is close to ready call for the next round of nukes.
        - Repeat the Nuke -> Sleep -> Aspir cycle until Bitoso is down to around 5-10% hp. Err on the side of caution the first few times and take him low.
        - Once Bitoso is down low Chain Nuke him rather than resleeping.

Sometimes you may tap him out of mp, this makes the chain nuking phase easier. Other times you won't. No big deal either way.

I usually bring a Yagudo drink or two for everyone for each run. For myself (Hume) and my Mithra pal that's handy but our Taru companion doesn't need it so much.

Sometimes he'll get a Cure 3 in, sometimes a Paralyzega (usually at least once or twice on that one). Just hang tough - he can't 1 shot even a Taru Black Mage so he's really not that frightening if you stick to the plan.

As for Treasure, it can be a bust sometimes. Other times it can be reasonably decent. I got an Utsusemi:Ichi scroll out of it the last time but they were only selling for 250k (early December) -- figures doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
        X