• Show
Clear All

• Accuracy items

I seem to be missing more often. My current accuracy items are:
    Psilos mantle +1 Acc
    Venerer ring +3 Acc
    Life Belt +10 Acc
    Merman's Gorget +5 Acc

Sole Sushi when xping +15 Acc , the moment the food effect wears out, then I start missing more.

I probably can afford to get a Woodsman's ring but Im saving money for a future weapon. Any good advice?

Oh level 71 SAM - sorry didnt put that in earlier. I have a Haubergeon but I use Hachiman gear more often now because I noticed that some of my weapon skills are missing. Hachiman has a few pieces that are mostly weapon skill accuracy.
    Last edited by raidenn; 10-26-2006, 08:16 AM.

Re: Accuracy items

It's hard to help if you don't post your current job and level, but I'm assuming you're somewhere between 55 and 60. In that case, I'd recommend Jaridah gear. Also, what weapon is so expensive that you wouldn't be able to buy a Woodsman's ring?

Comment

When xping, you need to always have food on. I think that's the same way with anyone.

At T or less is when you can safely not eat food and have good accuracy. Anything higher than that you'll need food to help you out.

Usually sushi can take care of acc issues which will allow you to free up more spots for str/atk. If you like to eat meat, then get a snipers ring/woodsman, assault earring if you can wear it. any body pieces that have acc too would help.

What job are you playing?
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Acc rings like Woodsman or Snipers for TP gain would definitely help more than anything else. Getting two for your ring slots would probably improve things greatly. But I'd still wear that Haub too. If you're missing too much, then you need to stack on as much acc as possible until your hit rate improves. Haub, 2 woodsman, and life belt should be more than enough with sushi to get a good hit rate going. At the very least you should land your ws more often. Ditch the psilos and get an atk+ back like Amemet/Amemet+1

Keep in mind that you won't hit 100% acc rate no matter what you do. I wouldn't even try for 90% since that probably means you are sacrificing your other stats too much for acc alone. Hitting often but weakly is not the way to go.
        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
        Originally posted by Balfree
        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

All my acc+ TP gear for 66SAM is as follows and I RARELY miss with Food + Hasso on IT-IT+ mobs.

Chivalrous Chain
          Haubergeon
          Woodsmans Ring
          Venerer Ring
          Life Belt

Those are just my ACC+ items. Everything else for my TP+ gear is mostly ATK+ and STR+. I lose alot of ACC+ when I macro in my STR+ for WS, mainly my rings and belt, but it's still rare I miss a WS too. Hasso has done amazing things for SAM.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

If you've got a good LS or a nice set of friends you could also try getting an Optical Hat. It's free as long as you can put in the work to hunt the eyes, get the cluster crafted, and fight the NM.
            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Psilos
              * Accuracy +1
              * Attack +12
              * Ranged Accuracy +1
              * Ranged Attack +12

Amemet
              * Strength +1
              * Attack +10
              * Ranged Attack +10

The +1 probably is better but we're looking for accuracy items.

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                If you've got a good LS or a nice set of friends you could also try getting an Optical Hat. It's free as long as you can put in the work to hunt the eyes, get the cluster crafted, and fight the NM.
                I have a few friends but the higher level ones are too preoccuppied with their HNM camping lifestyle to help me out.

Comment

71sam with haub and acc items?

most sam skills, especially the ones you'd be using are 1 hit. what mobs are you fighting? with haub/hachiman and some acc items, i dont see how you'd be missing often.

what mobs are you fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                    71sam with haub and acc items?
                    most sam skills, especially the ones you'd be using are 1 hit. what mobs are you fighting? with haub/hachiman and some acc items, i dont see how you'd be missing often.
                    what mobs are you fighting?
                    I can't understand either how you're missing so often, either. With sushi + hasso you should be able to get away with quite a bit if you're eating it religiously. It would probably be equal to any normal sushi + TP gear setup. May be difficult against Snatch Morsel in ToAU but at 71 I doubt you have to deal with that anymore. I would think it would be overcamping.

Comment

Im using Hachiman since wearing Hauby makes me miss my weapon skills. I thought it was pretty weird myself.

Comment

Try using Haub for TP building and Macro in hachiman for WS's. It'll help you alot with TP gain.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                        SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

what are you fighting?

I've hardly heard of sam missing ws. maybe once in a while, but nothing noticeable.

Comment

The usual Bibiki bay mobs, Catobeplas, Hobgoblin Blagger.

Comment

How many ws do you miss on avg in a pt?

With blagger (iirc thf type) they have very high evasion. acc vs. those will always be less than the other gobbies.

Dhamels have an evasion move but is dispelable.

@71 you should be doing alright with the gear you have, there's nothing else you can really get that we havent said already. If you want, sub /thf and you will force critical and guarantee hit on all your ws.

Comment

Working...
                              X