A FOURTH expansion???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A FOURTH expansion???

Dunno if this is old news, just saw it this morning. Anybody know what is going on?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122309

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Re: A FOURTH expansion???

Could be nice with another expansion

English version of the GameWatch interview

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
    Last edited by Xeion; 10-04-2006, 05:58 AM.
    Character name: Phyrr
    Job: WHM6
    Sub: ---
    Linkshell: ---
    World: Shiva

Comment

although not beyond the realm of possibility, I really doubt the accuracy of that post, especially when the source was not cited.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
        although not beyond the realm of possibility, I really doubt the accuracy of that post, especially when the source was not cited.
        that is what I figured...wasn't sure if any of you guys had heard anything or not

Comment

I remember reading something about it on the BG website...

Someone translated an interview from Japanese - I'll try rootle around tonight and find it, in between our marathon Shen run

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

It'll come, definitely.

But considering AU's nowhere near finished yet, I'm not sure I understand why you're so interested... personally, I'd be far more interested about new information relating to AU stuff - especially choco racing and the colosseum.

Give it 6-8 months and yeah, I'll probably be psyching up for a new expansion, but for now it's just too far off to pique my interest.
            Likibiki ~ Crusher of Dreams
            75 Summoner
            58 White Mage
            Pandemonium Server

Comment

All it really says is that they are working on it. I would be more surprised to hear that they weren't working on a new expansion. They are popping out about one a year as it stands so I would expect a new one sometime in mid-2007. They may push it back though for the convention hype and TGS.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

At TGS they did pretty much announce a 4th expansion. Though it was quite an off-hand announcement.

Comment

I'm interested because I like the game. Hell, I haven't even gotten to the CoP expansion yet, much less the ToAU. I've been too Whitegate a few times, but at my level there isn't much to do. But that doesn't me I'm not interested

Comment

Yeah another expansion is kind of a 'no duh' concept. They'll keep releasing new expansions as long as people are still playing. My guess, either the Far East or Mithran homelands to the south will be featured. Though seeing as how it played a part in both CoP and ToAU in some way, smart money would be on the Far East finally being opened to the players.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Based on the hints they've included in existing content, I expect it will be set in the Far East, and we'll see more of Tenzen, Gessho and Phoenix. And possibly have the opportunity to get involved in the war between Aht Urhgan and the Far East.

But we probably won't see even advance hints for months, maybe a year.
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
                        I'm interested because I like the game. Hell, I haven't even gotten to the CoP expansion yet, much less the ToAU. I've been too Whitegate a few times, but at my level there isn't much to do. But that doesn't me I'm not interested
                        I'm about in your same boat. I just recently when to Whitegate.. but that was to buy some wildgrass seeds at NPC merchant price. I aint paying 800-2000 gil for a single bag.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Far East is next. The ToAU storyline is leading up to it really..also it would make alot of sense for them to add it next because Near East is at war with the Far East..the mithran homeland I could see come probably last..just judging by the way expansions usually don't deal with each other, but refrence each other in some way, but ToAU seems to be changing that. Like the main storyline of FFXI is rank 1-10 in 3 nations, then zilart missions. CoP could be seen as the "filler" of FFXI's storyline, simply because it seems to be a "soandso happened between soandso events which lead up to soandso".

But yeah, next expansion might be small like Zilart was really.

It could add Geomancer, since that's one of the most requested jobs ever..and it is an "Asian" style job. (Far East in FFXI)

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            ...either the Far East or Mithran homelands to the south will be featured.
                            God no, I'm sick and tired of the mithra thing as it is now. If a new expansion with more mithra stuff came out I'd go to Riverne and ask Ouryu to eat me just to make it stop.

Far East, Northern regions etc. etc. etc. anything but that.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              God no, I'm sick and tired of the mithra thing as it is now. If a new expansion with more mithra stuff came out I'd go to Riverne and ask Ouryu to eat me just to make it stop.
                              Far East, Northern regions etc. etc. etc. anything but that.
                              Lol what mithra thing?

Northern regions wouldn't make sense tbh...

I mean...gigas?

What would we do...20 missions of getting them pants? lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X