BCNM Sky Orb lvl 30 <Do You Need It?>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCNM Sky Orb lvl 30 <Do You Need It?>

I didn't see a BCNM section so here goes.....

Looking for strategies for a certian BCNM...Petrifying Pair at Ghelsba Outpost lvl 30 15mins 3ppl
    2 NM Lizzies

drops 2 important items...leaping boots and Ni.

any strategies would be great...

also if anyone would like to do this sometime reply with a date and time and we'll walk right thru it. Also your orb your drops. I'll be wither War/nin or War/mnk....either works.

thanks

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: BCNM Sky Orb lvl 30 <Do You Need It?>

moving to the monsters/NM section (seems more appropriate)

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

If i do this bcnm i do it with 2bst/nin and 1 rdm/nin but since you only have war leveled il explain the standerd 2war/nin and 1rdm/nin strategy.

Once you get into the bcnm rdm buffs then heals to full, once your ready rdm gravity and bind kites the right lizzy while the 2 war/nin takes the left one, generaly you just try to keep shadows up and dual blink tank it, using hi-pots to recover hp since your rdm is busy kiting if you can try to turn around for the petrifing move but 80% of the time il still get you, once your done with the first lizzard you can go after the next one and the rdm can help you out with cures and debuffs now. Once the 2nd lizzy is dead hope for a gun belt or leaping boots.

If for some reason you level bst to do this its exactly the same as the above strategy but you get a tiger to tank and try not to take hate, if you do just make sure someone else takes hate off you after your 6 shadows are down

Good luck ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
        I didn't see a BCNM section so here goes.....

Looking for strategies for a certian BCNM...Petrifying Pair at Ghelsba Outpost lvl 30 15mins 3ppl
        2 NM Lizzies

drops 2 important items...leaping boots and Ni.

any strategies would be great...

also if anyone would like to do this sometime reply with a date and time and we'll walk right thru it. Also your orb your drops. I'll be wither War/nin or War/mnk....either works.

thanks
        I did this with BLU/NIN, RDM/WHM, SMN/WHM

Basic Strategy was: Rdm Gravity and Kite the lizzard to the left while I (Blu/Nin) tanked the other and SMN/WHM kept me alive (also you have to remember not to keep attack "unlocked" so you can turn around quickly when it goes to petrify. After the first one is dead Blu/Nin assumes tanking the last lizzy but rdm is now responsible for keeping you alive and smn pulls out an avatar and bloodpacts him to death

worked well for us - we did it 5x and only wiped our first one (i got petrified) Never got leeping boots but we did get Ni 2x and a gun belt

Comment

My wife and I tried this BC with an ls mate. We went RDM/NIN, NIN/WAR and WAR/NIN. We did the RDM kiting strat and it seemed to work out pretty well. I think overall we went 4/6. The drops were horrible though. Our best loot pool was about 25k worth of drops. It was a fun fight though especially once we got the hang of it.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Is there some way to remove petrify or at least resist it?

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
              Is there some way to remove petrify or at least resist it?
              If it's a Gaze attack you can evade it by turning back, but you gotta be fast and your system must be lag free, otherwise it's kinda inevitable.

Barstone kinda helps but even as a RDM with Resist Petrify, Barstone+Barpetrify with capped Enhancing and AF legs and trying to look away from gaze I still get petrified by Lizards in Kuftal.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

How about this:

Goblin Chocolate

* HP Regeneration While Healing +5
                * Lizard Killer

Hobgoblin Chocolate

* HP Regeneration While Healing +7
                * Lizard Killer
                * Resist Petrify

Comment

Those look nice but I have no idea how strong the effect of those is, you could try it out on lizards EP-EM and see how often it kicks in before wasting seals.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Ohhh....good idea...i'll have to get some next time i do this BCNM

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                      How about this:

Hobgoblin Chocolate

* HP Regeneration While Healing +7
                      * Lizard Killer
                      * Resist Petrify
                      Actually a Damn good idea!!! It can't hurt and most definetly will help, 2 thumbs up!!

Comment

I read a site that suggested Blinding Potions, but I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

i just did this bcnm 4 times with some ls buddies and its actually easier then a lot of people say it is...the only requirement is to have 1 rdm and one /nin...in my case we had

rdm/whm
                          drk/nin
                          drg/war

rdm kited the right lizard with bind and slow and what not while drk and me (drg) killed the left, with the drk/nin shadow tanking it (utsusemi) once it was dead we simply moved on to the remaining lizard....that easy

the only food that was used was mana regen for rdm...we didnt have any paralyze resist or lizard killer food...still did fine

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea View Post
                            If i do this bcnm i do it with 2bst/nin and 1 rdm/nin but since you only have war leveled il explain the standerd 2war/nin and 1rdm/nin strategy.

Once you get into the bcnm rdm buffs then heals to full, once your ready rdm gravity and bind kites the right lizzy while the 2 war/nin takes the left one, generaly you just try to keep shadows up and dual blink tank it, using hi-pots to recover hp since your rdm is busy kiting if you can try to turn around for the petrifing move but 80% of the time il still get you, once your done with the first lizzard you can go after the next one and the rdm can help you out with cures and debuffs now. Once the 2nd lizzy is dead hope for a gun belt or leaping boots.

If for some reason you level bst to do this its exactly the same as the above strategy but you get a tiger to tank and try not to take hate, if you do just make sure someone else takes hate off you after your 6 shadows are down

Good luck ^^
                            can be done by 1 rdm and w/e melee/nin
                            "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                            "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                            "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

This can be soloed with 1 SMN. 2 x Aerial Blast drops both Lizzies

Or the other combo we use is 1 RDM/NIN to kite, 2 BLU/NIN to spam Bludgeon and Head Butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X