FFXI End Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI End Date?

Someone in my linkshell said that SE was thinking about a FFXI end date. I doubted it, obviously, and some others did as well Although, a part of me was still thinking about it. If they DID have an end date, it couldn't possibly be next year, because I think they have a lot of upcoming surprises on the way. Would do you all think about this? I think the guy read some false information or whatever...but that's just my opinion.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Re: FFXI End Date?

Next thursday.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

a fun joke...I don't see FFFXI ending for quite ahwile. Perhaps a server merger or two sooner or later. Look at Everquest...what is that thing like 15 years old and still going?

I know several MMOS have folded as of late but I could see FFXI running for another 4 years easily....
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

You don't just cancel a game with 500k subscribers. When it drops to below 30k they might start thinking about it.

Comment

Why would them wanna close down FFXI anyway?
          Character name: Phyrr
          Job: WHM6
          Sub: ---
          Linkshell: ---
          World: Shiva

Comment

last I checked, FFXI is 4th in active subscribers behind WoW, L1, L2 and Runescape. In the Japanese market alone it's probably in the top 2 or top 3. I don't see FFXI going away any time soon.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they started to phase out PS2 support in the next few years, but even that seems unlikely.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

what's japanese's top 1?
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I thinnk a golf mmorpg or something lol
                http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Comment

pangya? I thought that was free. (but you pay real money for custume)
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

They wouldn't be introducing all these job balance adjustments if they knew they were going to shut the servers down anytime soon.

The game will be around for quite a while to come. I'm sure some servers will be combined (I'm betting sometime in the next year), but as long as it's profitable, it'll keep running.

Comment

The only reall thing that might hurt FFXi in the future is the PS2 capabilities. SO if they would want to update graphics, they might have a tuff time. UNless they do phase out PS2 players and have the Xbox360 and PC people.

Comment

i hope they do phase out PS2, the xbox 360 can definetly handle better graphics then the PS2, i hope that time comes soon, only problem i see is the room on the 360 harddrive, in truth you only get 12 GB of storage on it, and FFXI takes up what, 5 or 6 GB, and then with like demos, and videos, and some saved games, that adds up

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

i think the next reallly big earthquake in japan that causes all the servers to be destroyed would be an end date but i assume they got special security thingies to prevent the servers from going boom like that

Comment

"Lets throw away a game that makes us an assload of money." Ya I don' think so.
                            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Japanese number one at the moment is Lineage II. Nearly every single net cafe there has Lineage installed on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X