'Favorite' NMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Favorite' NMs

Cargo Crab Colin. I camp him when I am bored for fun now. 0/20 on that sob...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Don't have too much experience, haven't gone after too many NMs...

Jolly Green, though, was neat. I wasn't even looking for him. Heck, hadn't even checked that he was there w/ somepage. Just noticed something unusual pop on Wide Scan while I was farming Goobues in Pashhow Marshlands. 1/1 on Shaman's Belt.

Otherwise, I've gone after Lizzy and the Emperor successfully. Still have yet to encounter Jack. 0/5 or so on Zi'Ghi Boneeater.

Since I have TH2 I've also helped friends on Cargo Crab Colin. Is it just me or is his spawn area immune to Scavenge?
      Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
      DRK99,DNC91,THF90
      Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
      Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
      WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
      Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
      All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
      Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
      Clothcraft 24
      Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
      BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I haven't camped an NM that didn't have something to do with a quest in forever. Although I suppose I will have to spend some time with Mysticmaker and a few others if I want to get some nice RDM gear.^^

Once upon a time I used to camp Golden Bat. He was rarely camped, and Night Capes still sold well then. Oh, and I spent a few months camping and claiming Panzer Percival with a friend of mine (we each took one of the spawns and did our best to outclaim the other campers). I never got a Neckchopper from him, the bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
          Ocean Sahagin
          Stubborn Dredvodd
          and finally the Sea Whore who I owe for about 5 deaths.
          What's your record so far on them?

I was 1/10 on Ocean.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I have been on that boat so many times and have not seen the orc, ever. Saw the sahagin once but didn't get claim. Its a pain to get there in SSG and I couldn't solo it.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I'm not big on camping NMs, but I've had my share of experiences..

Mysticmaker Profblix : 0/6 for myself, but when I help a friend he gets the earring FIRST DROP.

Centurio X-1 : I Killed him about 4 times.. never got Quake or Stonega 2, but I did get the other scrolls a lot and a Shaman's Cloak. GREAT piece for BLM before you get your AF set complete.

Serket : My LS decided one night to camp this guy - 20 of us stayed up all night trying to beat out the hardcore gilseller and HNM links for a chance at this drop.. didn't get it.

Behemoth : Again, my LS went to get this one and make a name for ourselves. A bunch of gilsellers botted the spawn before we even had a chance to react.

In the future I plan to go after Shen, the various Gods NMs, the O-Hat and Carby Mitts nasties, Mysticmaker again, and a whole lot more I can't think of at the moment.
              Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
              Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
              Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Lately I've been farming in Zitah and killing KoH when he is up.
                Currently 0/5. ><
                75 Thf is LS w/ knife is 0/25 so I'm not expecting to get the gk anytime soon.

fk yes

Comment

I like fighting event NMs often. Like Shadow Lord or even NMs in BC's that play different music for that "Special occasion." It's just enthralling to part-take in and what really makes this game so fun. Not all those constant HNMing or Dynamis-obsessive stuff.
                  Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
                  Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                    Cargo Crab Colin. I camp him when I am bored for fun now. 0/20 on that sob...
                    Really? I got the drop 1/2. I subbed thf though.

Comment

My least favorite... Hoo Mjuu the Torrent. I'm now 0/24 on that bastid... I'm heading back again tonight. I swear, once I get the damn drop, I'll never camp him again.

I HATE HOO MJUU!

At least I'm making some money off of the Zealot's Mitts and Beehive Chips I'm obtaining.
                      Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                      I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Megalobugard
                        i'm like 7/40+ on him lol, only camp while looking for party as thief or when i'm bored.
                        though i must say, the NIN tonberry in temple of uggalepih (sozu something).... i had alot of fun claiming him with dia from hundreds of campers and end up dieing from Mijin Gakure XD 900-1K DMG (bad ppl, they didn't bother to even cast raise).
                        once i got 600DMG (had stoneskin + phalanx up) but ya died too >.>

Dragoon
                        75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Comment

A long time ago, back when the cocoons actually were worth something, I camped Habetrot a lot. Between spawns, I'd try and pop the Hocho NM as well. It was something different to do and there was no competition either

Comment

I'm 1/2 on metorhands..though I'll never use that damn pick. Favorite nm..which ever one I'm going after today. I drive my ls nuts. Everyday they ask " so kith what are you up to today" my reply " Doing what I do everyday...hunting more worthless nm's"
                            For nm's I like to just kill for giggles...Mimas I don't know why but I love clubing him up side the head like a poor little fur seal.

Comment

That stubborn orc dude is apparently poped by /healing on the boat. I havn't tried it yet, but worth giving a try?
                              Originally posted by Ellipses
                              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                              Originally posted by MCLV
                              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                              More Sig:

Comment

Removed
                                Last edited by Skoal; 10-24-2006, 07:44 AM. Reason: Wrong Info
                                Thanks Kazuki.
                                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
                                X