No announcement yet.

Ah.. I think we are missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah.. I think we are missing something?

I recently realized that in the 2 years i've been playing FFXI that i've never seen anything relating to "Moombas" Ingame.

I've also realized half of you won't know wtf a moomba is so heres a wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_o...Fantasy#Moomba

I'd much rather have a Moomba instead of a Moogle in my Mog House to be honest.

Moombas have always been one of my favorite races. Also how I came across this is that FFXI has a lot of tributes to the past games. We have a Cid which is a really noticeable one. We also have Airships (another DEE DEE DEE one). But think about this. Spirits Within (It's a movie too ya know..) it's a Weapon skill ingame but its not a wtfpwnt one. It does good sometimes, and sometimes is completely blows. Which is how a lot of the reviews went with the movie.

Basically I say we try and let SE know about Moombas, I know we can't have every little thing ingame, but I've always like Moombas over moogles.

**EDIT**
    Actually this might look better in the new SE question subforum
    Last edited by burningthought; 08-05-2006, 07:57 PM.

Sex is like air, you don't notice till you're not getting enough of it.

Re: Ah.. I think we are missing something?

It's a creature from one game, and it looks like a really small part of that one game. You might as well suggest that FFXI should have Ronso or the Viera from Tactics Advance/FFXII. It can't be compared to iconic NPCs like Cid, catcuars, or tonberries.

Comment

Originally posted by Cometgreen
      It's a creature from one game, and it looks like a really small part of that one game. You might as well suggest that FFXI should have Ronso or the Viera from Tactics Advance/FFXII. It can't be compared to iconic NPCs like Cid, catcuars, or tonberries.

"A Moomba also appears in Chocobo World. (They can be summoned in battle if the player has a PocketStation.) In the game Chocobo Racing, a Moomba appears as an unlockable character under the name "Mumba." They also appear in Final Fantasy X as dolls held by Lulu, which she uses to attack physically in battle, and in Final Fantasy X-2 as a doll held by Yuna's Mascot (Moogle) Dressphere. "

And also appeared in FFVIII.

Read the post + the links before you post. It wasn't in just ONE Game but quite a few.

EDIT**

Not only that, but Moombas had just as big of a part as anyone in FFVIII

"When Laguna Loire was taken prisoner in Esthar, he briefly was a member of a work crew that included a Moomba prisoner. At the time of Final Fantasy VIII's main storyline, a number of Moombas were in use by the Galbadian military as workers in the D District Prison complex, where they were notably mistreated. Squall encountered these Moombas, who apparently had known Laguna, as they repeatedly called his name while they assisted Squall during his recovery and escape."
      Last edited by burningthought; 08-05-2006, 07:05 PM.

Sex is like air, you don't notice till you're not getting enough of it.

Comment

It was a reused creature design. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how moogles and even chocobos got started. Perhaps, by the time we're at FFXV, moombas will be similar to tonberries and cactuars. My guess is it depends on whether or not Nomura remains the character designer.

Comment

You can't expect everything from previous FF games to be in the next.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Maybe they're the male Mithra.

Comment

I never really cared for Moombas.

Comment

Yeah, I like Moombas as well, but I think they would just look weird in FFXI unless thay were a fightable NPC.

Those arrogant land-mammals have had it easy for way too long. Time to kick some Moomba butt.
                "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
                "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
                "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

I can see where you're coming from but it's just another FF feature on a list of other FF features that didn't make the cut for FFXI. If they cram FFXI full too much of all their other games then the novelty will wear off I think.

Comment

FFXI is more "Oldschool FF" than "Newschool FF"

Yes indeed, there did exist FFs before 7 and 8 (Or is X the new 7 nowadays? Am I that old?)

...anyway, the various enemies are very much so oldschool. The Soulflayer enemy they added recently can be traced back to Final Fantasy 1 (The English Localization called them "Wizard"). Sahagins, crawlers, Gigas, raptors, these can all be found in FFs 1-3. The detector type enemies in sky I remember clearly from 4...

I'm not sure why they went oldschool, considering their current love of swords that turn into laser cannons, and Magitechnology that seems so prevalent in the new ones, that all the kiddoes seem to like.

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. There's always the possibility of course for Moombas and the like, so who knows?
                    Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

I actually love the fact that they put the Fantasy back into Final Fantasy.

As for Moombas, they were cute but didn't catch on as quickly as the moogles and chocobos did. I'm still waiting for Biggs and Wedge. To me, that's the only thing missing from this FFXI.

Comment

lol Kind of funny for me. Thehusbandguy was playing FF8 yesterday and when I saw it on his screen, I told him I wanted one for a pet. Odd that I would see such an obscure creature two days in a row, in two seperate situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Asir
                          I'm still waiting for Biggs and Wedge. To me, that's the only thing missing from this FFXI.
                          There's a Mithra on the Garuda server named "Biggsandwedge".

Comment

Originally posted by Asir
                            I'm still waiting for Biggs and Wedge. To me, that's the only thing missing from this FFXI.

You know those two guys that get sucked into the Promy gate in the entrance cutscenes, before you beat it?

Yeah, I've kinda nicknamed them Biggs and Wedge. =P 'Cause they die often.

Other than that, though, 'Biggs', 'Vicks' and 'Wedge' aren't reserved names in the game. A long long time ago, when I first started, I ran into a guy named Wedge, who I promptly sent a tell to saying "You know, with a name like that, you're just asking to die. :x"

.:Leader of Dimensional Death:.

Comment

I have always liked the way that the FF games have blended magic and tech.But I like the oldschool scenarey better then the spaceage look they have been going with lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X