Gil Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Buyers

What percentage of the FFXI community has bought gil? I am sure there is no definate answer, but atleast an estimate. Also, what is your main method of determining whether or not someone is indeed a gil buyer?
    FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen
    of the Diabolos server. Current residence:San d'Oria
    40 MNK 22 WAR 15 BLM 13 WHM

Re: Gil Buyers

Originally posted by Nimrod4154
    What percentage of the FFXI community has bought gil? I am sure there is no definate answer, but atleast an estimate. Also, what is your main method of determining whether or not someone is indeed a gil buyer?
    1.)No clue, considering what happened last Christmas during the IGE sale period, I'd say alot though.
    2.)No real way for me to tell, I don't pay that much attention to other players, I'd rather worry about what I need to do.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't really worry about what other people are doing. I focus on making my own gil, and making sure that I do my best to play my best. Everyone could be buying gil and I'd never know it.

I imagine it's a rather high percentage though. Lots of folks have probably bought it at least once, while there is likely a smaller percentage that buys regularly.

Comment

I would estimate between 50 - 70% of people have bought gil at one time or another.

As for worrying about others.. I don't do it... I honestly don't even bother checking people, because there will always be better or worse players out there.

Comment

could we really let these threads about RMT and everything else DIE.....
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

There has been a really heavy RMT focus in the forums lately. I don't know why. It's not like anything has changed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
              I would estimate between 50 - 70% of people have bought gil at one time or another.

As for worrying about others.. I don't do it... I honestly don't even bother checking people, because there will always be better or worse players out there.
              50-70? Don't you think that's a bit exaggerated? I think the game would have EXTREME inflation if that amount had bought gil at one time or another. I can't imagine 50-70% of the game's population buying gil.
              FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

The game has had extreme inflation. This past Christmas is a good example. Heck, anyone who has been playing for a few years can tell you about inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                  The game has had extreme inflation. This past Christmas is a good example. Heck, anyone who has been playing for a few years can tell you about inflation.
                  I played during Christmas of '03. I came back around 2 months ago. Definately noticed a change. Peacock Charms are going for 16 mil on my server
                  FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

I know a guy - hates RMT with a passion (because he can't camp many mobs at all because of their total dominance) bought several million just to buy a Hauby because of the abuse he got from most people he partied with for being gimped at the Christmas sale.

He hates them - but cracked. Someone who you'd never look to think it either.

If the most virtuous can crumble, I'd truly believe in numbers like that.

I know some of the most respected players in many places being botters and hackers, because they're quiet about it... so I'd say it was a reasonable estimate. You have to understand - how few people frequent these boards compared to how many people keep IGE afloat.

Comment

thinking about christmas sales make me sick... it's like giving your friends drugs as christmas presents. Only shows how low our community really is.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea
                        could we really let these threads about RMT and everything else DIE.....
                        You could do your part by not bumping them, or ignoring them, in that case.

Comment

Very simple. Gil buyers and sellers ruin the game.

Comment

Um, more like 10-20%(maybe 30% on Christmas). The amount of gil they buy is simply large.
                            Read my blog.
                            ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                            Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                            Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish
                              Um, more like 10-20%(maybe 30% on Christmas). The amount of gil they buy is simply large.
                              I'm not saying you're wrong (because none of us know for sure) but what makes you think it's so small a number?

Comment

Working...
                              X