It's not your mob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not your mob.

Yesterday, I was in a PT on my WAR, slaughtering innocent beetles and such. PT breaks up, and I ask the WHM to give me a teledem. I was planning on doing some light farming and skilling up Great Axe some (i've been neglecting it, there's a seperate thread in the WAR forums if you want to complain about that).

I go to the northwestern section, since I know it has reliable Water Ele and Bogy spawns. I go to work killing them, and the nearby leeches and crawlers while I wait on spawns. Now, since the ponds in the marshlands can be a pain to follow mobs through, i'd use voke to get them to come to me.

Apperently, this is natively wrong, and a mithra who showed up after I had started (an overwelmingly gimp BLU41/NIN15) started cursing me out because they were "her mobs" and provoke was "playing dirty".

At first, I try to tell her that an unclaimed mob is an unclaimed mob, and it's free to anyone until it's claimed. Typically, i'm not the asshole who takes your mob while you're behind it and using SA to get in a nice first shot, unless it's an NM. Now after this she goes insane, and starts saying things like "people like u have f***ed ffxi" and "u r a dearty old bich"(not kidding).

Now, this was becoming entertaining. A friend of mine even came out to help me claim mobs. At one point, we had 4 mobs attacking us at once. He'd cast on some, i'd provoke one, sturmwind another. Make sure we had more hate than they did. I know this wasn't entirely mature, but I was content to killing one mob at a time (and not using provoke when they're already running after it) until they decided to be assholes, and noobs on top of that. (a 50WHM/SMN friend of the BLU joined later)

Honestly, I don't see why they'd get so upset over it, the drop rate there sucked anyway (Without my THF sub at least. And neither of them had /THF, infact the BLU went to town once to change to /WAR9 so she could "beat me"), I was taking maybe one out of every three mobs at first, and there were three of us there, it was fair.

In short: don't complain about people 'playing dirty', and don't be suprised when they actually start.

Re: It's not your mob.

O.o

Damn, wait till she gets to HNMs, she'll have a heart attack from all of the people who are "Playing Dirty"... and some who actually do(bots, etc.)
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

talked to my friend, apperently they were bugging him after I logged (Storm in my area)

Apperently the WHM said that he "made her cry" and that she was going to "tell all her friends about him"

And then she challenged him to PvP.

Also, apperently another player gave her her AF1 club. Think about that.

After the BLU41/WAR9 got back, she had trouble beating his ranged attack with her provoke.

Comment

Haha, makes me want to play on Fenrir... I'd love to run across that BLU.
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you've got a retard on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
            "u r a dearty old bich"(not kidding).
            That's quite possibly the best thing I've heard in a while. Man, people get so uptight... If she really had that much of a problem, she could have gone some other place to farm or whatever the heck it was she was doing. People are disappointing.
            guh :D

Comment

That part of Passhow is too annoyingly overfarmed, but I was there the other day for a few minutes, and ran into simliar individuals. What is it about folks that makes them think that by right of mere presence they own the surrounding mobs? It's so ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
                Sounds like you've got a retard on your hands.
                Sound more like a n00b i recommend the n00b guide on this fourms.

Comment

What an utter noob. You guys made her cry? Maybe shes playing the wrong game and would be better off playing Animal Crossing! No wait.. that games too good for her. What an idiot though, the very fact she had a gimped sub without good cause (like if it was thf slightly more understandable for farming) shows she was a noob. Mobs are no ones until they're claimed. I say she needs to learn a few things about the basics of the game before playing it again.

Comment

Amazing how common that attitude is.

The only time I consider a mob claimed by right of presence is if I'm farming something that people EXP on.

I used to run into this all the time when I farmed couerls in meriphad mountains. There was a RNG who EXP/farmed on courerls and I ran into him occasionally. He wasn't uptight about it, though, we didn't TRY to steal mobs from each other (although since i used a lot of Flash and Dia so I wouldn't have to stumble around all those stupid hills and plants, it happened too often). He soloed with I think /thf out there, so I tossed him a few cures and a protect II or parylana when I ran past, and we pretty much called it even stevens.

But then he leveled up past what couerls could give him EXP, and I got a new "roommate", a 75DRF/25THF, who outfarmed me to where I couldn't get a pop, so I said goodbye to that hunting spot.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                    If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                    *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

Thank God I don't have to farm anymore. I just play the AH, and synth stuff. It might be slow money, and you have to make gil to spend gil, but it's worth it in the long run, lol.
                      Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                      90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

/cheer Feba

If I was there, I'd have linked everything there, poisonga and used spinning scythe. Let's see who plays dirty biches!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
                          Thank God I don't have to farm anymore. I just play the AH, and synth stuff. It might be slow money, and you have to make gil to spend gil, but it's worth it in the long run, lol.
                          I never had massive talent at AH, and crafting is for me even more flabbergastingly boring than farming.

Actually, it's been like 10 levels since I had any kind of organized moneymaking going on.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                          If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                          *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

I considered going back and changing to BLM, but I was getting good skillups on GAx still.

Comment

So i get it she was farming too? I thought at first she might be trying to learn spells that she may have skipped on. I went to the marshlands to pick up around 3-4 spells as well(before i could use them but whatever), had a few farmers here and there especially the bogy's. If someone was farming the monster i wanted to learn something from i would just say the ability name ex. {Terror Touch}. but if she was farming and getting upset then maybe she should just fish?

Comment

Working...
                              X