FF D/C Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF D/C Problems

Hello. I have some problems with FF XI. Every time when i want to play, and log in to server i got d/c with error: pol-4001, pol-2059. i cant play because of errors. Im using a router Linksys model WRK-54G i have set ports like that: http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=porty0bd.png but i still have the same problems. Can anyone help me?

Re: FF D/C Problems

Sounds like your firewall is blocking ports ffxi needs (error=40010)
    And could you be useing 2 firewalls by mistake? Windows firewall may be blocking pol. If you have a proper hardware firewall then windows firewall should not be needed.

Originally posted by Playonline.com
    PlayOnline(including all related software such as FINAL FANTASY XI) may use any of the following ports. If you are using a router, please configure it to allow packets to pass through these ports.

Port numbers that may be used by the PlayOnline server group.
    TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 or 50000 - 65535
    UDP 50000 - 65535

Port numbers that may be used by terminals such as the PlayStation(R)2.
    TCP 1024 - 65535
    UDP 50000 - 65535

*Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

*If your Internet service provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you may need to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    And the error=2059 disconnect during patching.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...8;num=0;page=1
    Last edited by Thrasher; 06-24-2006, 05:17 AM. Reason: I can't type in the morning

Comment

I dont use any firewall, my windows firewall is turned off.

Comment

A router is/has a firewall. For linksys, the settings page is 192.168.1.1, I think.

Comment

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2006/0..._lousy_router/
          I posted that link "mostly" because there are links to 3edparty firmwares that offer more features.

Originally posted by Dread Lord Kaolian @ Allakhazam
          4001 UDP ports are being blocked. Change your firewall, or contact your internet service provider to get this fixed.
          Are you on a university network? Those have been known to have issues with Pol and ffxi.

And with a wireless connection after you get this fixed, for your own safety run a firewall.
          Last edited by Thrasher; 06-24-2006, 05:51 AM. Reason: Still cant type (or code) in the morning >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Suny
            Hello. I have some problems with FF XI. Every time when i want to play, and log in to server i got d/c with error: pol-4001, pol-2059. i cant play because of errors. Im using a router Linksys model WRK-54G i have set ports like that: http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=porty0bd.png but i still have the same problems. Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by Langley
            A router is/has a firewall. For linksys, the settings page is 192.168.1.1, I think.
            If that isn't it, he can always email the Linksys manufacturing company.

Comment

i know the adress for setup page but thanks for answer. i had contact with technical support and they told me step by step how to get rid of this stupid errors. thanks all

Comment

Working...
              X