Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a Suggestion for Jobs(not a new one)

"My other character is a level 75 <advanced job>! My new level 1 who's never adventured before should be just as good!"

Or, in the real world,

"My big brother is an ace pilot! Just because he's my brother, and I've never watched him fly or flown before, I can fly it just as well as he can!"

See the problem?

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
    Image by Askannyi
    LoneGamer.net

Comment

and a pony
      Whoa! Wait just a minute there. I’ve never received this alleged pony; time to talk to a GM.

Back on topic:

You have to level a sub-job anyways, and chances are (for most jobs before level 60 anyway) your sub will be a starter job, most likely WAR or WHM.

So, might as well get a job to 30, and that’s 95% of the battle . Most of the job quests are relatively easy (with a few exceptions at level 30 : SAM, DRG, and SMN just cause it takes forever )
      BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Well, this is the same guy who insists that we need Male Mithra, so he won't mistakenly chat up a man, or feel weird for playing a mithra himself. A suggestion like this makes about as much sense, I guess.

Also, Ellipses.

Unlocking the advanced jobs takes minimal effort, at best. The most "difficult" ones require an NM fight, and even those are easily tackled with just a bit of help. At most, you do some running around and chat with some NPCs. No big.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyero Fox
          I mean JUST! for jobs no other stuff unlocked. People are always complaining that they dont wona go threw the game again to get a Job again
          Being one of those people who HATES having to re-do quests on another character that I have already done on Pooka (my main)... I have a shockingly simple solution to the problem.

I don't.

I have solved the problem of redoing quests by only playing one character. My mules are level 1 and have never been outside of thier respective cities (most have never left the zone they were created in). If someone asks to come play on another server I say "No thanks, I prefer Odin." And - here's the kicker - if I want to play a different job I just change jobs on my one character.

Pretty clever huh?

Comment

Job quests are some of the easiest quests in the game. If I could have something transferred, job quests would be about the last thing I would transfer.

Comment

@ Ellipses

I'm not the only person who plays on my account. It wouldn't make any sense for my wife to suddenly get the blue mage job when she doesn't even have a job at 30 yet. I know several other people that share accounts with their brother/sister/significant other, so in that case it's a bad idea.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Hamlet
                Job quests are some of the easiest quests in the game. If I could have something transferred, job quests would be about the last thing I would transfer.
                Limit breaks would be pretty high on my list.

Comment

Yes well, it's already been established and noted by the OP that this isn't a good idea. I could see why someone would want this, I wouldn't mind makin some of my mules into a Pld or Sam without actually lvling em up, but it will never happen. It's best to either let this topic die or just completely change the subject. Personnally I wouldn't mind another discussion on new job ideas as the last three new jobs didn't exactly 'wow' me much. But then again I was never a fan of support/ranged/pet/mage jobs =/
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Blu is more of a spell-oriented DD, but if we're going to start a new topic entirely, best to start a new thread.

Since it's been requested twice, here's your lock.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                    X