Luminium Ore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luminium Ore

After 3 deaths and many hours, I finally got one of these things. My question is, what is this used for? Allah only saids it's used to make a crappy dagger. The sales rate for this thing is incredibly slow although there are some people that buy it (doubt it's for the dagger). There MUST be something useful this thing can make. It's far too rare to just be another hunk of iron. Anyone have the slightest idea?

Re: Luminium Ore

It is used to make this ingot, which is used to make a crappy dagger, an odd ring, and weirdo G. Axe. Links to the items also on the page.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

orz, none of them seems useful unless that axe's latent kicks in some other way besides life at orange.

Comment

Actually, the ring is useful(especially the HQ) for BLU, because they use all 7 stats to boost their spells.
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

Lol, HQ a lvl 97 goldsmith recipie? Yea, HQ is useful, but NQ just blows for the amount of gils it requires.

Comment

Shining Ring, Amood, the ingot, Jamibya(sp) and thats all i know of :X it currently happens to be 1mil/ore on rag D;/
            WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

I also remember from a long time ago back in the before times when adman ores were 200-300k each, mining was a profit when u can get 2 of them each session. With adaman at 45k a piece in ragnarok, how are miners making money nowadays? I just dont see ifrits cauldrun profitable anymore if it takes that much time and effort for 90k + whatever other trash you mined up. I've been trying halvung and mt zhaolym lately, but the real expensive ores are even MORE rare than adaman and just doesn't seem like a very profitable trade any longer. You could go days without seeing one of these super expensive ores. I've spoken with several miners (english and japanese) that were competeing with me for mining spots. None of them has had great luck on these ores. I feel like I'm better off farming.

I'm just wondering where all this adaman ore comes from. With prices this low, I can't imagine any sane miner going to ifrits for a couple adamans a day when you can sell beehive chips at 30k a stack. When supply is short, the price for adaman will eventually go back up, but the question is this: where are all the adaman ore coming from?

Comment

Prolly Oldton, you'll get them occasionally there. Even moreso in Newton, but that's much more difficult to do as there's usually 2-3 65 gobs on top of every spot >_>
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I dont think adaman can be mined in either oldton or newton. I've never actually mined in newton myself, but speaking off of what I know, newton seems far too difficult to mine. Looking at somepage.ffxi, the most expensive ore there is prolly aluminum, darksteel, and gold. None of which occurs often.

Comment

The only way to make more than 5k/hour mining in Newton is to have a party to kill the goblins or to use hacks.
                    More Sig:

Comment

hmm the axe looks interesting tho if the latent is easy to trigger and the double attack procs often. Anyone know what activates latent on it?
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

That would be the most kick ass axe in the game if the latent could be triggered easily.

Comment

My guess is that 1 mill per ingot (or 2) is actually a CHEAP synth for to get to 98 goldsmith, and can be used in something. I haven't seen whether those items have sold on the AH, but it seems that any new items, no matter how retarded they are- if they are rare, at least one or two will sell for a high price. I think some people just like having stuff nobody else has.

When luminum first came onto the AH, it was going for like 3 million and not many up. I got the expansion a little late and when I found out there was mining there, I knew it had to be Halvung. There were no mining points at the time or confirmation that that's where it came from. I tried it, and ended up venturing too far in, past the mining points and died as I was warping lol so I ended up dead at the Lower Jueno mog house and got a raise 3. That rocked ^_^

I checked the next day and the price went from 3 mil - 1 mil, and then 500k the next day and I think they're at 300k now. Was nice for the first few, I'm sure.

I was a long time miner in Ifrit's. I got adamans there and sold for 100k, back when 100k meant something (something like a million in today's gil). I could never see why anyone would mine there for adaman at 45k at today's market. It's way too risky, and you could easily leave Ifirit's without a single adaman after 6 hours mining.

My guess on those is they're coming from other drops. I think it's a pretty standard "bad drop" on bcnms, ksnms, NMs and HNMs.
                          Last edited by Hamlet; 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

My guess on those is they're coming from other drops. I think it's a pretty standard "bad drop" on bcnms, ksnms, NMs and HNMs.
                            Right on the money.
                            More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                            X