X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little help..

Originally posted by Andahla
    Hm alrighty..

One last question that I just have to ask thats killing me and since I'm just mindlessly walking around in EQ2..

Since there is "zoning" in FFXI, is it a quick load? Is it something that you have to constantly go through like in EQ2?
    EDIT: Oh yeah, also I know that in FFXI its probably difficult to find groups depending on your class, but what would you say the average wait time is to get a group on a big server? I had problems with finding a group in Everquest 2 in the later levels since I usually woke up early and then played the whole entire day, but then again I rolled on one of the new "PvP" servers.
    From what I've seen, the load is quite quick for me (and I have a sub-par computer). Depending on your job, it can take hours upon hours, or 2 seconds. For some of the less needed jobs, they can hit extremely bad spots and have to wait a couple days for a party. This barely ever happens, however. And if you have a job that is highly desired, you're looking at 2 seconds to an hour for an invite. Although, don't let the long LFG times put you off, there's a massive amount of things to do while you're looking for a group.

Comment

Bah.. I'm sorry but i was doing a bit of reading and now I have another question, lol.

I was reading this post http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...onthly+payment

So basically what you're telling me is that they If I bought the game on the last day and activated on the last day that they will charge me? So its basically literally monthly instead of 30 days?

And another question, what would happen if I payed and activated my account, but then during the next month of billing, my card ran out of funds, would they deactivate my account and I would have to pay a reactivation fee?

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Andahla
        Bah.. I'm sorry but i was doing a bit of reading and now I have another question, lol.

I was reading this post http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...onthly+payment

So basically what you're telling me is that they If I bought the game on the last day and activated on the last day that they will charge me? So its basically literally monthly instead of 30 days?

And another question, what would happen if I payed and activated my account, but then during the next month of billing, my card ran out of funds, would they deactivate my account and I would have to pay a reactivation fee?
        Accounts are billed at the beginning of every month, so if you were to start sometime later in the month it wouldn't immediately bill you, but then bill you twice the next month. From what I've read they're still working on the limitations of the billing system, I believe they're trying to make it more flexible in terms of billing periods.

If they attempt to bill you, and you have insufficient funds, it would first dip into whatever line of credit you have associated with your account if any. If it can't pull up any money it deactivates your POL account and requires you to pay immediately upon reactivation.

Comment

If you buy the game new and start playing in the middle of the month, at the end of the trial the rest of that month is prorated, and then on the first you are charged for the upcoming month (and that's how it works from there on out). If you have a billing issue, I don't think they charge any restart fees (I've never had to). However, if you restart billing in the middle of the month, you are still charged for the whole month.

Re: Loading times. I played EQ2 for a while, so I know why you're worried. Zoning in this game is little more than a few seconds, not the sometimes couple of minutes that you had to deal with in EQ2. No worries there.

It's a great game. I think you'll really grow to like it if you give it a chance. It's not quite like other MMOs in some ways (The UI and control scheme is very different), but that's because it was designed for a console, rather than a PC. But the content and storylines in the game are really great. I love it.

Comment

Ah I see.. So there isn't any 1 month/3 month/ 6 months kinda things? You just gotta keep paying and paying until you cancel it yourself?
            EDIT:Lol, quick replies, thank you.

Comment

Yep. Although you can cancel billing without deleting your charcters and still access POL (the loading program for the game) for free. That is always free, and you can use it to stay in touch with friends in the game, or to catch up on what's new in the world of FFXI if you're thinking of coming back to it.

Comment

what if they bill you on the 1st, and you stop billing on the 10th? do you still get to play the rest of the month you have paid for?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

What is the exact monthly fee for the game? Are there any taxes or anything else?

Comment

No taxes and $12.95

Comment

$12.95. That gets you one character (which is all you really need). Additional characters are another $1.00 per month. Most folks have at least one or two mules. I happen to have four, so I pay about $17 a month.

Comment

Working...
                        X