This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked off the ferry to Selbina?

I have heard things about players getting kicked off the boat from Mhaura to Selbina if they do not have a certain expansion. Is this true? I am worried because soon I will be starting a whole new Content ID on my PS2 (I'm currently sharing an ID with my husband on our Xbox 360). I won't have any of the new expansions for the PS2 for a while, and want to make sure I can get to Selbina from that ferry. Any comments, advice, philosophising, etc are welcome. Thanks!
    Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
    Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
    Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
    PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Re: Kicked off the ferry to Selbina?

There is no reason you'd be kicked off of the Selbina-Mhaura ferry unless there was a game glitch. Those people are probably referring to the ferry to Aht Urghan, which departs from Mhaura.

For that, you'll need an Aht Urghan pass, which you obtain from the Tenshodo in Lower Jeuno.

Comment

I don't know about the boat from Mhuara to Selbina, but I have seen people without the expansion or without Al Zahbi access get kicked off the Al Zahbi boat. I would lay bets people thought they were getting kicked off the Selbina boat, when in fact they were kicked off the Al Zahbi boat.

Comment

No, they're getting kicked off the boat from Mhaura to Al Zahbi. There are two ferries, so just pay attention and board the one going to Selbina and you'll be fine. Actually, you'll be fine anyway, you'll just get kicked off a boat you didn't mean to take anyway, and have to board the right one when it comes along.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
          There is no reason you'd be kicked off of the Selbina-Mhaura ferry unless there was a game glitch. Those people are probably referring to the ferry to Aht Urghan, which departs from Mhaura.

For that, you'll need an Aht Urghan pass, which you obtain from the Tenshodo in Lower Jeuno.
          Agree here, matches the claims too since the OP is questioning the ride from Mhaura to Selbina. Which is players are not paying attention in Mhaura on what boat they hop on they could actually be getting on the Mhaura to Al Zahbi ferry. Which for that would require them to have a Boarding Pass and to have "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" installed and registered.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Thanks guys. That makes perfect sense. The person that made me think this had run with me from Windy to Mhaura (destination: Dunes), and then said, "Oh, I can't go on the ferry because I dont' have the expansion." He then proceeded to run back to Buburimu and bloodport to the Dunes. So I wondered.

I won't worry anymore, though. He was obviously misguided.
            Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
            Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
            Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
            PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Comment

Once I got kicked off the ferry to Nashmau >.>
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
                Once I got kicked off the ferry to Nashmau >.>
                This story to be told in a different serialization, under the Twlight De-Zone name...

But my friend who got his pass from Tenshodo yahoo'd down to Mhaura really fast and in just 5min. got on the ferry to Al Zhabi (Perfect timing I say) and got kicked off the ferry.

I think there's got to be some kind of bug in this thing...

Comment

Did your friend actually get the pass or he just finished the quest? I think you have to wait 1 Vanadiel day to receive the pass.
                  WAR57 THF43 BRD38 NIN36 MNK32 BST32 RNG31 DRK28 BLU43 WHM23 RDM19 SMN19 BLM18 DRG12 SAM13

Say gay or homo one more time and you're gonna aggro the back of my hand.

Comment

Well I hope they fix this error..

Comment

Originally posted by Blaez
                      Well I hope they fix this error..
                      I've been hoping for a long time that they'd fix players not reading, but they haven't yet, and I'm beginning to suspect they're not going to. It's probably the biggest bug in the game, sadly.
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                      . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                        I've been hoping for a long time that they'd fix players not reading, but they haven't yet, and I'm beginning to suspect they're not going to. It's probably the biggest bug in the game, sadly.
                        Blaez has been defeated by the Ellipses.
                        Last edited by Lonerwolf; 05-31-2006, 06:28 AM.
                        WAR57 THF43 BRD38 NIN36 MNK32 BST32 RNG31 DRK28 BLU43 WHM23 RDM19 SMN19 BLM18 DRG12 SAM13

Say gay or homo one more time and you're gonna aggro the back of my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerwolf
                          Did your friend actually get the pass or he just finished the quest? I think you have to wait 1 Vanadiel day to receive the pass.
                          No, he actually had the pass. He had to wait a Vana'diel day and the moment it hit 0:00 he talked to the NPC again, got the pass and zoomed off for the ferry. Ferry got there as he did. Got on ... and then as ferry left, he got booted.

The next hour, same thing.

It wasn't until the VERY NEXT IRL DAY was he finally able to go to Al Zhabi. WTF?

Also ... anyone notice that auto-translation on EN client is messed up? From time to time, I've heard NA client players start to bitch in PT all of a sudden when their client goes on the fritz and every autotranslated word they see is in Japanese or weird ascii fonts...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                            Also ... anyone notice that auto-translation on EN client is messed up? From time to time, I've heard NA client players start to bitch in PT all of a sudden when their client goes on the fritz and every autotranslated word they see is in Japanese or weird ascii fonts...
                            Thats a problem with windower not closing correctly. It loads in japanese saying the dictionary cannot be loaded. Some access error to the traslator files or something stupid. Close it down and relog on and it is fine.
                            Blm 75 - One and only love! Lets nuke!
                            Originally Posted by Kirsteena
                            Oh crap, lock down your beer.....
                            Originally Posted by Sethe
                            QFT!
                            With Kutu around no alcohol is safe. Hide ya beer!
                            www.konohals.eu - Endgame EU ls, bahamut server

Comment

Working...
                            X