Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay, SE made one of my wishes come true!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, SE made one of my wishes come true!

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8197

The stats might suck, but now I can finally cap Throwing on WHM w/o buying 5,000,000 stacks of pebbles. :3

(Yes, it might be obsessive compulsive, but to you who play mages and didn't think the same thing.)
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Re: Yay, SE made one of my wishes come true!

o.o That's so happy. /cheer

Double Post Edited:
    And now that I think about it, the refresh isn't bad for sticky situations while soloing.
    Last edited by sevenpointflaw; 05-17-2006, 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I must say Rodin, if anything deserves to be a topic, this indeed does.

Mind you, the latents on those things, as the information we are presented with at this time blow. But, this is a thread about throwing caps, so congrats, even if it does stall your Walahra Turban. Unless you haven't even obtained Superior Private yet.

(PS: I'm going to make a topic about a rock I found in Gustaberg, it looks like a shield, so I'm compulsed to cap my shield skill)

Comment

I don't care about that Turban honestly. For WHM and BLM, there's a lot of better stuff. Like the Zenith Crown I use on WHM. And the Wizard Petasos/Demon's Helm for BLM.

Now, BRP, would you please stop acting like a smacked ass since the moderators temp-banned you. It's starting to come off as you trolling. Thanks.

Comment

o.O Hey now. That's kinda cute, actually. If I could let my hair down out of my Elvaan braid, I could put on a harness and be Xena. yiyiyiyiyiyiyi!

The damage made me rofl...but I wonder how long it would take you to cap throwing assuming you wanted to, say, start NIN the next weekend... (/think)

Comment

I'm sorry, this is simply my opinion on the matter. Sorry I was negative and sarcastic towards the end. To be more to the point: I think it is a waste of IP and this topic would be better off as a Journal entry.

Comment

I haven't made a journal, but I guess I should start. Anyways, even though they might blow, they seem to be a nice little Gimmick item (Like the Avatar belt, or a Kraken Club) which might have 1-2 uses that are completely useless, but still fun. I like skilling up, and I like to cap everything. The only things I really don't have capped right now are Throwing, Shield (been working on it), and Divine Magic (Close to cap though). I'm a nut about skilling up. I know a lot of people who are like that. I have a PLD friend who has freaking pole-arm capped out at 75. This might suck, but will be fun for mages and jobs w/ throwing skill, who want to see it capped, without buying and using pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                To be more to the point: I think it is a waste of IP and this topic would be better off as a Journal entry.
                But then I wouldn't know about it, and I'm glad I do now. o.O It's a gimmick. A cute gimmick. I can think of instances where it would be useful. I've written it down in my little equipment notebook under "Things I'd Like To Just Tool Around Randomly With Someday." Therefore, to me, this isn't a waste of.....did you mean bandwidth? 'Cause I don't think you meant IP...

So I'd like to thank the OP for bringing it to my attention. Knowledge is never a waste.

Comment

I think the big deal with this item would be the latent of enhancing Magic Attack. Yet another one of those items to equip in the ranged slot that is not meant to be used as a weapon.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't latent effects work off of your sub job?

Comment

I thought you cant skill up unless you actually do dmg to the mob.

1dmg doesnt sound too great on a steelshell.
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Nyru
                      I think the big deal with this item would be the latent of enhancing Magic Attack. Yet another one of those items to equip in the ranged slot that is not meant to be used as a weapon.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't latent effects work off of your sub job?
                      Well, latents can work in different ways.

I believe the key to these latents are to have it equipped during the corresponding besieged.

Lamiabane - Undead Horde

Mamoolbane - Mamool Ja Horde

Troll Bane - Troll Horde

Having it eqipped when Al Zahbi is under besieged will probably unlock the latent.

To Omni-Ragnarok:

Yeah, but the law of averages says that if you keep throwing, you're bound to do some damage sometime.

Comment

Lasswyn, I'm going to guess you came from Allakhazam and I don't want to know what kind of threads they posted there, but for the future, when patches come out you should check out when people search the .dats and post every single item that came out. This isn't really news, which is why I say it has little use as a topic.

Double Post Edited:
                        Incorrect Rodin.
                        Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 05-17-2006, 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How so? What is the latent affected by?

Comment

The current theory, based on tests, is dungeons of the Beastmen, and only dungeons.

Comment

If it's news to me....then........it's still news. If I was on the boards every single day, maybe I'd catch these things the first time around. Alas, I work full-time, but I shall try harder to educate myself on the intricacies of the expansion I haven't had time to install yet. {I'm sorry.}

And I also promise not to dog on people who are just finding out about something I've known for ages, because I can see how disruptive and hurtful it could be to the other person. It would be really uncool of me.

I'm not sure what kind of threads they had over at Alla either. I couldn't be on that board every day either. =P

[EDIT] Smilie adjustment. I need one of these. 'Kay, I'm done now.
                              Last edited by Lasswyn; 05-17-2006, 04:02 PM. Reason: Smilie adjustment

Comment

Working...
                              X