Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware using Dia towards end of fight.

Well I can confirm that the latest mob behavior patch has nerfed BST once again. If you are soloing and like to keep Dia on a mob, I recommend not bothering. On several occasions I got no exp. Not even a message that the mob "falls to the ground" when the mob had DoT spell on it (Dia in my case) and I left my pet then proceeded to WS it. If your WS doesn't finish the mob off and it dies from the DoT spell right afterwards, chances are you killed that mob for nothing. No exp, no drops, zip. SE better fix this because it's very annoying, and until then I'm only using Dia at the beginning of the fight and never bothering to reapply it because I've gotten zero exp too many times because of their awesome MPK adjustment.

I'd love to see this happen to some HNMLS that right when the NM was about to die, it's name goes yellow and it dies from poison or something, lol. Then maybe something would get fixed because we all know SE doesn't give a crap about what affects BST.
    72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
    60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
    53 Clothcraft
    60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
    60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
    58 Alchemy
    40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
    15 Smithing
    5 Goldsmithing

Re: Beware using Dia towards end of fight.

That sounds like a horrible glitch that should be fixed right away. I'd think you'd want to suggest it to them right away and hopefully they fix it ASAP. I can't even count the times I've seen mobs die from DoT's in XP parties, has anyone else noticed this?
    Kitami - Rank 10 Windurst
    75 Bard - 72 Ranger - 60 Samurai - 63 Red Mage
    {(Paeon)}cakes.

Comment

Thanks quite a bit for the alert, I'll be sure to take care.

Comment

Hmmm interesting. I have yet to encounter this myself on "normal" XP mobs, but I did run into this while slapping Chigoes around for 30-41 XP a pop. (I was bored) I noticed that occasionally i got no XP whatsoever. I really couldn't figure it out. At first I thought it was because Carrie got the kill, and then possibly because I oneshot Crit'd it. I still am not clear as to why several Chigoe's in a row gave me nothing (and they were all EP). I didn't use Dia at all.

In a normal Magma Crawler vs Magma Cralwer session I did, however, always have Dia II on my mob, and i know that it has "dropped" an XP mob or two on its own recently and don't recall this happening.

Interesting. My guess... if Carrie finishes a mob or Dia finishes a mob... no XP? That... would just have to be a glitch right? What were you XPing on btw?
        ~Beastmaster 75 | White Mage 41 | Ninja 50~

Comment

Sounds like a bug carried over from the new claiming code? Moving this to general. More people should be made aware.

Title: Sergeant Major
          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

maybe all the exp was given to the pet instead... and the BST is left out.
            This may not show up in normal XP or HNM scene at all because there's no pet to out damage the entire PT.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

If you kill Chingoes with crits or abilities such as Jump and Shield Bash, you don't get xp.

Yes, one shield bash is enough to take out a Chingoe.

Comment

WS will one-shot Chigoes as well.

Comment

{Sweets.}

I thought that was a rumour.

I'm going Chigoe bashing.

Comment

I was killing Marid in a party last night, and whenever our bard used Cyclone to take out the chigoe, we wouldn't get any xp from them. The warrior's Circle Blade, however, got us xp. I wasn't watching damage on either WS, however. Maybe the warrior's WS was doing enough damage to kill em outright while the bard's wasn't, but they were still dying due to the 'WS will kill a chigoe' game mechanic.

Comment

However, if you kill a Chigoe with any of the cheap-shot methods, you don't get any XP/merit points. But if you can kill it with something else like Enspell or Blaze Spikes then you'll still get XP.

Comment

Wow... sounds nasty ._. I'll keep an eye out.
                        Originally posted by Ellipses
                        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                        Originally posted by MCLV
                        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                        More Sig:

Comment

I think this DoT death problem is only a BST or Solo-SMN issue really. Not sure about if SMN can loose claim when they release an avatar though, so it may only be an BST issue.

The latest SE MPK "Adjustments" for some reason make BST loose claim a lot mroe often when they release a pet. This really sucks because it is easy for other players to steal NM or monsters from us now, but that's not the point. Due to the new "Hate Claim" feature, the mob we are killing will turn Yellow and not turn back until we build enough hate, sometimes several hits to do this. Solo BST tend to release our pets with only a sliver of life left on the monster we fight to get our full XP for the kill. Often these monsters will even die from Dia or in one hit. Now, if the monster is yellow when this happens, we do not get any XP at all for the kill.
                          75 Beastmaster

Comment

This happened to me the other night fighting spiders in Boyada (bst61). I released my pet to finish off the mob with rampage but only got the mob down to 1%. Dia actually finished off the mob and no xp was gained due to the mob being unclaimed even with a weapons skill.

This new "lets play safe for the kiddies" mode that sqaure made is really killing me. I am adjusting to playing with new tactics.

Oh well, just a vent I suppose.

Comment

I have a feeling Chigoes are actually supposed to give you exp when you one-shot them when they were initially added, but because of this adjustment that apparently wasn't tested very well, the glitch causes you to get no exp. Regardless, it's something I definitely want to submit to their suggestions/comments feedback but I haven't been on the game all week, and I sure as hell don't remember my 45898787 character long pol email that they require you to enter on the website.
                              72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
                              60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
                              53 Clothcraft
                              60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
                              60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
                              58 Alchemy
                              40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
                              15 Smithing
                              5 Goldsmithing

Comment

Working...
                              X