This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 FFXl Questions Here Please?

Q1 : Can someone tell me why it is that when you start off at lvl 1, (and also during low levels) that when you go out killing stuff and farming, anything which is a decent challenge is always easy to kill, but when you get into later levels..... "decent challenge" is always a bit more difficult to solo, leaving you with only a few hp left at the end.

I think I have found that it's is after level 10 when dc (decent challeneg) becomes a bit more difficult to solo but I just don't understand why this is, because at LvL 1, it's really easy, even though you and the NPC you're fighting are both at LvL 1. They all seem such little weaklings at LvL 1.

Q2 : Does anyone know if there any printed instructions on how to go about doing the new Puppetmaster Job quest from the new expansion - "Treasures of Aht Urhgan"

I'm really intereted in doing this quest and I know that it starts at the NPC in Bastok Markets, but I'm not really sure where to go to after that. Maybe it would give more details in the quest if possible.

I have also just yesterday ordered the new expansion, and I know that I won't be able to start this quest until it arrives and that I have installed it.
    I have ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk, (does anyone know this site at all?)
    and I just got a confirmation e-mail today telling me that my order of this new expansion will arrive in a couple of days.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: 2 FFXl Questions Here Please?

Q1: that's just the way it is designed. This is a party-centric game and it is designed so the monsters get more difficult the higher you go. Thereby forcing you to hunt with other people to get XP.

Q2: there is a sticky guide on the race/job discussion forums. please do a search.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

For question 2, it would be really helpful if you (or maybe if someone else pops up to read my message) could give me a direct link to where this has been discussed, saving me the long winded search incase I can't find it myself.

Edit : Infact I've just had a quick look and I can't find it. There re too many posts around here confusing me.
      (\ /)
      ( . .)
      C('')('')

Comment

Puppetmaster & Blue mage walk through
        Credit goes to DeviFoxx & Nicolette
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Keep in mind that Puppetmaster can be a very expensive job right now, as items you will need to acquire new frames are being overcamped by greedy players. That's why even though I had really wanted to play one before, I haven't gotten past level 2. But if you have the money or drive, don't let that fact discourage you.

Comment

I think I have found that it's is after level 10 when dc (decent challeneg) becomes a bit more difficult to solo but I just don't understand why this is, because at LvL 1, it's really easy, even though you and the NPC you're fighting are both at LvL 1. They all seem such little weaklings at LvL 1.
            When DC changes from being an actual 'Decent challenge' to being 'Instant Death' depends on the job. WHM and BLM find very quickly they can no longer really solo anything for EXP, jobs like WAR and MNK can still handle them.

The check EP, DC, EM and whatnot are a gauge of the mobs level in relation to yours, not really the measure of how much of a fight they can put up.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
              Puppetmaster & Blue mage walk through
              Credit goes to DeviFoxx & Nicolette
              Thanks for the link, but I'm finding some of that really confusing. Is there nothing a bit shorter and more simpler to understand, or is this the best there is right now?
              (\ /)
              ( . .)
              C('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball
                Thanks for the link, but I'm finding some of that really confusing. Is there nothing a bit shorter and more simpler to understand, or is this the best there is right now?
                i'm sorry but what? that's as simple as it gets other than someone going to your home and doing the quest for you. i dont mean to sound harsh but, try to put the effort into something first before saying its too difficult or complicated.

edit: if you goto the puppetmaster forum, there is a thread on the very first page with an even simplier, but less detailed walk through. the one omniblast gave you gives you all you will need, even maps. which this one doesnt give you.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Basically, for Q1, monsters gain stats far quicker than players, and /check is a gauge of level, not actual difficulty.

At lv1, a Hume character might have 40HP, and any random mob might have 30HP.

At lv10, the character might have 120HP, the same type of monster might have 200HP.

Lv50 rolls around, said Hume has 600HP, and the mob has 2000HP.

There's no steady formula for it, and mob types differ, but you get the basic idea

Comment

Q2 : Does anyone know if there any printed instructions on how to go about doing the new Puppetmaster Job quest from the new expansion - "Treasures of Aht Urhgan"

I'm really intereted in doing this quest and I know that it starts at the NPC in Bastok Markets, but I'm not really sure where to go to after that. Maybe it would give more details in the quest if possible.

I have also just yesterday ordered the new expansion, and I know that I won't be able to start this quest until it arrives and that I have installed it.
                    I have ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk, (does anyone know this site at all?)
                    and I just got a confirmation e-mail today telling me that my order of this new expansion will arrive in a couple of days.
                    If you start the quest, each NPC tells you the name of the next NPC you need to find, and the NPC in Bastok is really obvious to spot, being the only Puppetmaster NPC there. The only part you have to figure out without much hint is exactly where the Automaton key item you need to find is.
                    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                    http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                    My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

In reply to the first post...
                      Did you just ask if anyone knew Amazon!?
                      XD

In reply to the third post...
                      *points at "Search" in the Site's Toolbar*

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
                      ====================

Comment

Which parts are you finding confusing? Perhaps I can help to clearify some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MewOmega
                          Keep in mind that Puppetmaster can be a very expensive job right now, as items you will need to acquire new frames are being overcamped by greedy players. That's why even though I had really wanted to play one before, I haven't gotten past level 2. But if you have the money or drive, don't let that fact discourage you.
                          New frames? What exactly do you mean by that?

And I have been told that they made Puppetmaster mainly for for WHM by my ls members, (can't remember the resaon why apart from the fact that it has something to do with healing) and I'm already a WHM, (at LvL31) so it can't be all that expensive if it's equipment that you need, as I already have that.

Or do you need to buy new items to get parts of this job running?
                          (\ /)
                          ( . .)
                          C('')('')

Comment

The puppet itself has it's own equipment, of sorts. Frames are the body of the automaton. Different frames give your maton different strengths. Right now, so many people are trying to advance this job, and others are taking advantage of that by monopolizing the materials necessary to make new, better frames and selling them to outrageous prices. Magic frame on Lakshmi was 2 million gil I think.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
                              When DC changes from being an actual 'Decent challenge' to being 'Instant Death' depends on the job. WHM and BLM find very quickly they can no longer really solo anything for EXP, jobs like WAR and MNK can still handle them.
                              I'm talking about soloing with a THF job. How do you think they can handle something after about LvL 10-ish?

The check EP, DC, EM and whatnot are a gauge of the mobs level in relation to yours, not really the measure of how much of a fight they can put up.
                              What does EP and EM mean?

Regarding the LvL thing, you have confused me somewhat, but I think I am getting the picture........ only just, though not very well.
                              (\ /)
                              ( . .)
                              C('')('')

Comment

Working...
                              X