So theres this new "unknown area" in the expansion pack consisting of
    Nyzul Isle
    Alzadaal Undersea Ruins
    Silver Sea Remnants
    Bhaflau Remnants
    Arrapago Remnants
    Zhayolm Remnants

You can see it here (ffxi-atlas.com)

If anyone has any information on these new places, please post it here.

Current information:

In I-5 in Arrapago Reef off the map I have found somthing called a "tidal gate" as well as in a few other areas.

Also I have found TONS of caves gaurded by immortals in almost all the new areas. I'm thinking these gates might lead to the unknown region.

Re: "Unknown Area"

Um, bud. Alot of those unknown areas will not be accessible until later updates.

Also, the areas you're talking about with the Immortals guarding them, those would be staging points for assault missions.

Comment

No they are not staging points unless theres about 8 new staging poings. These are caves to a new zone which seems to be a warp to the new areas. And trust me, I got almost all the staging points the day the expansion was released so I know what staging points look like. Th two locations I remember clearly is one immortal gauring a cave near the talaaca cove and another right before Ilrusi Atoll. Also images of the area behind the immortals has surfaced but are believed to have been taken by swapping dat files or somthing like that.

Comment

Then please clarify your explanation instead of relying on "An immortal standing next to a cave, must be a hidden area".

BTW, you still disregarded the part about areas not becoming accessible until a later update. And to help, I'll clarify my statement even closer. We may already have the data for these areas, but lack the ability to access them. An example would be the data for the final Promathia fight, it was already present in game data before they opened the quest to access that final BCNM. So if we did scour the DAT we may find something, but as I said twice already, accessibility to these areas are not yet available until a later update.

Is that clear?

Comment

Theres no way to proove for sure that they will come out with an update. They might be accessable when all assaults at all 3 tiers are defeated.

Comment

Well considering that this is to the new zones of ToA. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing they did with CoP and opened areas slowly during the coming updates they normaly do. To the point though, if no one knows how to get past those areas by now then it is likely that they just might be closed.

Give it more time before finding the data or wait till next update and see. That'll answer the issue for you two very easily then.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

They've done this sort of stuff with all the other expansions, I wouldn't expect them to change now. Especially since they've already said that not all the ToAU content is out yet. If it's assaults, I think people will find out anyway. My linkshell is doing assaults both for points and just to unlock new assaults to try, and many people are doing the same thing.

Edit: Macht beat me D: These forums move so fast now.
              Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                They've done this sort of stuff with all the other expansions, I wouldn't expect them to change now. Especially since they've already said that not all the ToAU content is out yet. If it's assaults, I think people will find out anyway. My linkshell is doing assaults both for points and just to unlock new assaults to try, and many people are doing the same thing.

Edit: Macht beat me D: These forums move so fast now.
                Lol, with all the new posts I'm shooting through many of them really fast. Get with the groove or go home buddy.

/me leans against a wall and puts on his shades.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i think the undersea ruins will be the new sky/sea w/e <_< it just seems too cool to be just a regular area...

and maybe the remnant areas are like promys
                  WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Re: &quot;Unknown Area&quot;

I wonder how long it will take this time to release them then. It sucked waiting for sea.

Comment

I know someone zoned into there and posted info on BG, forgot what area but all he said there was when he got there was a runic portal and runic seal

http://corrderio.livejournal.com/ - Rants and other crap on my mind.

Comment

some people claimed that he didn't zone there but he changed moghouse .dat file or somthing like that. That's why I created this post. Hoping to see if others had got there or not.

Comment

It would make sense if the Alzdaal Undersea Ruins were added in another update. If they really had a runic portal/seal, it would fit perefectly. In Whitegate at the commisions HQ there are 6 desks. 3 on the right side, 3 on the left. 5 of those NPC's are there. The sixth, however, is not present. They will probably add that NPC when the zones are opened.
                          ~~Fayttt of Diabolos
                          PM8-4: (Aka Finished): Dawn, ZM17 (Aka Finished): Awakening, Windurst 8-1: Vain
                          RDM66/SMN25
                          *~*~*Cloudy*~*~*

Comment

this will most likely be added content threw patches or may even be something to do with the storyline of the new expansion, personaly im hopeing it will be something to do with the storyline rather than anything eles

Comment

Those are future zones. When RotZ came out, all the zones of Sky were in the files but unimplemented until July 2003. When CoP came out, Sea, the 2 Dioramas, and the 4 new Dynamises were in the files but remained unimplemented until future updates (Feb 2005, April 2005, July 2005, Dec 2005, and Feb 2006 if I remember when all of them were added correctly). SE never reveals their whole hand at the start of an expansion period. Those zones, and that mysterious block where the data cannot be read, will be unveiled further down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X