X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about EU/US acc, regkeys and shizzle

Heya.

Bought my copy of an US import pretty exactly 2 years ago (FFXI + ZM) and added an US version of CoP when that came out. All the reg keys for my accounts are therefore US.

Today I got the wrong version shipped to me, and broke the sealment before I saw that it was the wrong copy. The store didn't want it back - of course.

To the question: Can I buy an EU version of FFXI + ZM + CoP package and somehow transform my US account to an EU one? The 3-in-1 package is dirtcheap, about 1/3 of the ToAU cost, and I won't have to wait a week for the US import to arrive here in Sweden. I thought you maybe could un-register all regkeys on the account and then register with EU ones? I would be forced to uninstall US and reinstall EU then too, I assume?

Summary: Can you somehow move from US verison to EU version?

Cheers

Any info on this would be gladly appriciated.
    Looking for static with lv57mnk/war, nixe eq, drop me a tell(Laviene > Seraph) please =)

Re: Question about EU/US acc, regkeys and shizzle

You can't convert the region of an account. The only way to use an EU account instead of an NA one is to start over from scratch with a brand new account.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
    http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
    My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what the OP is asking for.

It doesn't matter for which version (EU JP NA) your POL account was created under. Just have your registration code, username and password.

You can log into your character on any FFXI out there. JP, EU, NA or otherwise.

However, as for whether or not you can register an EU version of an expansion and use the keys to go with your NA origin account ... I don't think it works that way. If I were you, just suck it up and buy the correct version expansion.

Comment

Wait, platform matters?

So ... my original account was on PS2. Shortly after getting CoP my PS2 broke, so used my friends discs to install on PC and I've been playing w/o CoP. So ... does this mean if I want to play ToAU, I have to use a PS2 version's reg codes since my account was originally PS2? So I would have to buy a PC ToAU and a PS2 ToAU, use the PC discs to install and the PS2 codes to register?
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

So yes. One way or another I would need to buy two copies of the game. Oh gawd >< What a bad system.

Comment

So in the worst case I might have to reacquire a PS2 with HDD, buy two copies of ToAU, reinstall FFXI on the PS2 and install and register ToAU there, then install ToAU on my PC again? I hope you're terribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
              Us importers have been dealing with this since day one (>_<) However, I only bought Japanese versions. NA versions I uhm, obtained through various means...
              I can confirm this to be true, since I have both PS2 sets and PC sets. For example, when I installed PS2 set and created 2nd account there, I didn't have COP.

But my PC does. Logging with 2nd account on PC, I couldn't access ANYTHING COP.

After getting COP for PS2 and registrating it, I can now access COP on both systems.

Comment

If anyone got the EU TOAU and need an NA TOAU registration code, i would love to exchange.. ive bought the wrong version ; ;
                i need the EU TOAU registration... if any of u interested please contact me to h3nry166@yahoo.com or just add me on my yahoo.. my id : h3nry166
                thanks..

Comment

Well I'm not really sure where this comes into play, but I have been playing on the PS2 for a long time. I then got a PC that could run FFXI an then got the PC ver of RoZ. I got CoP for the PS2 an then wanted it for the PC, but I didn't have the money to buy it. So what I done was I got a friend to make me an ISO of CoP. I just installed it for the PC an didn't even need a code for the PC ver. I just ran it from the code I used for the PS2. I plan on doing this very same thing for ToAU. I'm not really sure if this helps anyone, but I have been playing FFXI like this for a long time an it's worked just fine for me.

You think you're the best, but there is always someone better.

Comment

Hmm, I see. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
                      As far as I know, you need the registration codes for the region+platform. So in your case you would need to register a PS2 version of ToAU. I don't think you can use PS2 codes while trying to install a PC version, even if the region matches. I never tried this so I can't confirm.

Unless someone can prove otherwise from their firsthand experience, not just what they heard. I've been registering JP PC codes, but I can still install and play the NA PC afterwards.
                      I can confirm platform has nothing to do with registration codes. One of my friends got a used HDD that someone had already used the FFXI codes. I bought him the PC Vanadiel Collection and he had no trouble using the registration codes from it to create an account on his PS2 (he doesn't have a PC to run the game on, so he couldn't have used the disc in the PC box I bought him). He and I still play together. Also, on GameFAQs, several other people and I regularly direct people on the PS2 board that bought a used HDD to buy the PC box just for the registration codes, and nobody has ever posted back saying it didn't work.

I've got another friend (Hushigoshi on Ragnarok server) that started on PS2 when the US launch happened, but now he plays mainly on PC, using copies of the PC discs I made for him. He just bought PC Aht Urgan and used the registration code from it to add the expansion to the account he created on his PS2.

I deal with both of these people in person and have seen that their accounts work.
                      http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                      My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by bungiefan
                        I can confirm platform has nothing to do with registration codes. One of my friends got a used HDD that someone had already used the FFXI codes. I bought him the PC Vanadiel Collection and he had no trouble using the registration codes from it to create an account on his PS2 (he doesn't have a PC to run the game on, so he couldn't have used the disc in the PC box I bought him). He and I still play together. Also, on GameFAQs, several other people and I regularly direct people on the PS2 board that bought a used HDD to buy the PC box just for the registration codes, and nobody has ever posted back saying it didn't work.
                        It works because it's the Vanadiel Collection. In other words, he has codes for all 3 (Core + RoZ + COP) That's why you never noticed an issue. Try this instead. Using the Core PS2 version, try to only use the registration provided on a PC version of COP instead... ditto for the other examples you gave.

Comment

Hushi installed the original game and Promathia on his PS2 and created his account there. He bought PC Aht Urgan and used the PC registration code to activate it from his PS2. There was no conflict.

The guy I bought the PC box for should have had a conflict registering it on his PS2 if the codes were locked to platform, but since he didn't, they're not. He didn't even open the case with the DVD in it for the PC, as he used the PlayOnline Viewer on the HDD he bought for his PS2 to use those codes and play the game. I could see the codes in all-in-one packs being tied to each other so that they all have to be used with the same account, but it's obvious they aren't locked to the platform the box they are sold in is marked for.

Comment

Working...
                          X