Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 Beta User...account is no longer possible!?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Beta User...account is no longer possible!?!?

I have everything installed, and am logging in...when I get this message!

Warning!!
    The beta test period is over. Logging in with this account is no longer posible. Please purchase a retail disc and reinstall PlayOnline for future access. (LM-15)

What gives? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

I'm gonna be POed if I have to start over from level 30...

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
    DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
    BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
    Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Re: 360 Beta User...account is no longer possible!?!?

did you remember to completely remove the beta version first like SE said you had to? Or did you install the new game over the top of the old game?

Comment

maybe you have to wait until it's released on the 19th?
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

If that was the case it would give the message saying "You can't play until the 19th" which is what people should be getting right now on the 360 version

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus
          I have everything installed, and am logging in...when I get this message!

Warning!!
          The beta test period is over. Logging in with this account is no longer posible. Please purchase a retail disc and reinstall PlayOnline for future access. (LM-15)

What gives? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

I'm gonna be POed if I have to start over from level 30...
          The new game disk will automatically delete the beta info during the install and reinstall the new version.

I didn't have a beta account to keep, but the way I read it is that you will get access to the character you transfered when it's all said and done.

You DID visit a world shifter and choose a server right?

You DO realize beta ended like 3 weeks ago and the live version came out today, right?

Comment

Originally posted by framerate
            The new game disk will automatically delete the beta info during the install and reinstall the new version.

I didn't have a beta account to keep, but the way I read it is that you will get access to the character you transfered when it's all said and done.

You DID visit a world shifter and choose a server right?

You DO realize beta ended like 3 weeks ago and the live version came out today, right?
            yep. I installed, but first it automatically uninstalled the beta.

I did visit a world shifter, and chose the Ramuh server.

Yes, the beta ended on April 2nd, if I remember right...

Comment

there were specific instructions on what to do to transfer over beta characters to a new account on POL. did you follow those steps?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                there were specific instructions on what to do to transfer over beta characters to a new account on POL. did you follow those steps?
                Yep. All it said was to see the world shifter in Windy Waters, just past the bridge leading to the big tree...

Comment

if you did all that, all you should need to do is log in with the same POL ID login and password from the beta
                  but add your content ideas tomorrow when it goes live from the back of the manual. The way I understood you'd do that and your characters would be waiting!

Comment

no, these instructions:
                    (2) After the start of service on April 20, 2006

A: Players Who Acquired PlayOnline Accounts By Applying To The FINAL FANTASY XI Xbox360 Beta Test
                    1. Purchase and install FINAL FANTASY XI
                    2. After installation, select "Start PlayOnline Registration!" from the "Welcome to PlayOnline" page
                    3. From the "Start Registration" screen, select "Carry Over" and follow the onscreen instructions
                    4. To complete character registration, proceed to the PlayOnline main menu, select "Games" -> "FINAL FANTASY" -> "Content ID" -> "Data Transfer Purchase"

Note
                    The first character on any account will require a monthly fee of $12.95 (payable the next month), with each additional character costing $1.00 (payable that month).

Players Who Participated In The Beta Test By Using A PlayOnline ID From The PS2/Windows Version
                    1. Using A PlayOnline ID From The PS2/Windows Version To Login
                    2. To complete data transfer, proceed to the PlayOnline main menu, select "Games" -> "FINAL FANTASY" -> "Content ID" -> "Data Transfer Purchase"

Note
                    If the character transferred to an existing account that has no other characters registered, it will require a monthly fee (payable that month) of $12.95. If there are other characters registered, the transferred data will be regarded as an additional character and only require a monthly fee of $1.00 (payable that month).

Data transferred from the Xbox 360 Beta Test can also be played on PC or PlayStation 2. Select the system that best suits your gaming needs.

Remember, characters used in the Beta Test are scheduled to be available for use on Thursday, April 20, 2006. Be sure to periodically check this homepage for new information and updates regarding the Xbox 360 version of FINAL FANTASY XI.
                    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news7182.shtml

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

At this time you can install the game to your 360, but you are not able to update FFXI yet. So you can not register to play the game even. When you install the game it will delete your beta version also.

So bascially all I was able to do was install the game, which takes a nice chunk of time too.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                        At this time you can install the game to your 360, but you are not able to update FFXI yet. So you can not register to play the game even. When you install the game it will delete your beta version also.

So bascially all I was able to do was install the game, which takes a nice chunk of time too.
                        Yeah check my thread a few down... same problem.

I'm thinking it goes live around 11am EST.. or 12 noon. If so I'm calling in sick (for class) tomorrow ^^

Comment

thanks for that link and info. Still, I am in the member list...I know I didn't see any "carry over" option though. I'm gonna uninstall and try again.

The gamestop guy said I should be able to log on, just none of the expansion would be available until tomorrow. Thanks for all the help. I'll post when I figure it out.

Double Post Edited:
                          ok, just uninstalled, and reinstalled the viewer. I went to "start playonline registration", and I think the server for registering is down. I'll try again tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks again!
                          Last edited by Lambeaus; 04-18-2006, 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You pick the option in the member list to register an account, and then when it asks if you are registering a new account or already have an account to use, there should be a third option to carry over an account from the beta test. It may not appear until the 20th.
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                            http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                            http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                            My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus

Double Post Edited:
                              ok, just uninstalled, and reinstalled the viewer. I went to "start playonline registration", and I think the server for registering is down. I'll try again tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks again!
                              Yep as I stated above, you can't update or register it at this time. You can not register the PC or PS2 versions either, though I was able to update them.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X