• New Ability

New ability info...

http://www.vanaguide.com/

More to come.

-Xtek
    Chad Moran
    Vana'Guide Dev/Public Application Programmer

Re: New Ability

There's already numerous spells in the game that have been there for years but never implemented. Bio 3, Holy 2 and Meteo come to mind. I can't imagine JA's would be much different.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

{That's interesting.}
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

There are tons there but the ones that aren't available have no description. These do now.

-Xtek
        Chad Moran

Comment

Puppetmaster skills maybe? All with the same MP cost... that's odd.

Comment

Looks like geomancer abilities to me. The mp cost is alittle outrageous though.
            Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Grand Fall and Heavenly Strike make me think summoner.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Some of those JA/spells have been in the game data for a long time now. One example, that I know about for sure, is Heavenly Strike. Check out this topic... specifically taz's original post, post #47, and if you want to see the video, post #41.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/vid...eavenly+Strike

Heavenly Strike is an ability that only the NPC avatars can use. PC SMNs that summon Shiva won't have the Heavenly Strike ability. What taz did in the video was he swapped the Blizzard IV animation with the NPC only Heavenly Strike animation.
                "From the void all things are born.
                To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

I'm guessing these abilities are going to be available to SMNs via merit points.

-Xtek
                  Chad Moran

Comment

Yeah I assume SMNs will finally be able to learn these abilities now...which is probably why SE is changing (and what they are changing) about with SMN skill, to make it effect those skills more then likely ^^, we'll see~

Comment

Or more likely, NPC only abilities.

Comment

as some of the posters at theorderls are pointing out, these abilities are used by the Prime avatars.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Xtek
                          There are tons there but the ones that aren't available have no description. These do now.

-Xtek
                          Think this is key thing to their reasoning of the spells becoming usable for the PC SMNs. If most of those spells were already in game usable by NPCs and never had a description why add them now?

Along with if that's the description for it, the description isn't like a technical Refference for the programmers to know what it does. That description is more suitably directed for PCs to see.

That's what bring up the pondery of is it going to be one a PC can use?

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I see this as level 74 or level 75 magic bursts for SMN. But who knows, they could implement them for both BLM & SMN, since our Avatars are originally suppose to have these abilities.

Sadly, if these spells don't do more or just as much damage as ancient damage, i will be disappointed. I'm tired of dealing 300-700 damage to Very Toughs every minute.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Those are all the FINAL BLOODPACTS that the Prime avatars use! The are AOE and do a ton of damage!

I think SE will finally make them usesable for us, summoners!

Summoners dont get anytihng at level 75, so I am pretty sure they will be levle 70+

But this leads to the following question....

What about Fenrir and Diablos.... i dont recall if they have an aditional BP..... I have done the Prime Avatar battles so so so many times... and i have seen all those blooc pacts.. well.. died.. but i have seen them!

They are finally here!

Double Post Edited:
                              Originally posted by Omniblast
                              I see this as level 74 or level 75 magic bursts for SMN. But who knows, they could implement them for both BLM & SMN, since our Avatars are originally suppose to have these abilities.

Sadly, if these spells don't do more or just as much damage as ancient damage, i will be disappointed. I'm tired of dealing 300-700 damage to Very Toughs every minute.
                              Well... now that i think of it.... They requeire alot of MP... well... lets see.. will they be burstable? Will they be sillchainable? Will they do more damage than predator claws, chaotic strike etc?

Also.. is it me or at levle 75 astral flow is worthless... i rather do predator claws than aerial blast.... sad but true.
                              Last edited by Darkhound; 03-23-2006, 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X