• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attributes... what do they all mean?

STR - kinda obvious
    DEX - Dexterity - like defense?
    VIT - Vitality --- but what does it do
    AGI - Agility - is this like evasion or how does it all work?
    INT - Intelligence (but is that like magic attack or magic point total)
    MND - Mind (same q as above)
    CHR - Charisma? wha?

... ok I know what the word is but how does it work in the game?

The only one I think I know is strength has to do with HP and maybe how hard you can hit...

(I did search by the way... so don't flame)
    Where is the Hydra server option?

Re: Attributes... what do they all mean?

Roughly:

STR affects Physical Attack Strength,
    DEX affects Accuracy and Critical Hit chance,
    VIT affects Defence,
    AGI affects Evasion,
    INT affects Magic Attack and helps to land BLM enfeebling spells
    MND affects Magic Defence and helps to land WHM enfeebling spells
    CHR affects the strength of BRD songs and the BST ability to charm.

Comment

You'll find those answers and more in this thread.

The Frequently Asked Questions forum is the best place to go for things like these. I'm glad you used the search function, but don't forget to look through stickies! They've been stuck to the top of the forum for a reason, they're all really important and/or really useful!
      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
      Currently Playing:
      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

STR = Strength of how hard you can hit. Many jobs such as Monk and Samurai use STR as an amplifier for Weapon Skill damage. Two points of STR also equal one point of Attack too. STR has nothing to do with HP though.

DEX = Dexterity/Accuracy. This basically just adds to your accuracy of your hits. At high levels, DEX rings arent really used much due to Sniper Rings and etc. DEX has nothing to do with Defense.

VIT = Vitality/Defense. Having a high VIT is what makes PLDs able to take hits so well. Two points of VIT also equal one point of Defense too.

AGI = The agility/evasion of the player. NINs use alot of AGI to help them evade attacks. AGI can also be usefull to PLDs in that it helps them use there shield more effectively. Yet another bonus to AGI is it helps with Ranged Accuracy (not much, but a little).

INT = Intellegence / Black Magic "Nuke" damage amplifier. Simple as that.

MND = Mind / White Magic Curing amplifier. Simple as that ^^.

CHR = Charisma that can help a Beastmaster charm monsters. Another nifty feature of CHR is that two CHR is equal to +1 Enmity (hate) - which can be useful for lower lvl PLDs.
        ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
          You'll find those answers and more in this thread.

The Frequently Asked Questions forum is the best place to go for things like these. I'm glad you used the search function, but don't forget to look through stickies! They've been stuck to the top of the forum for a reason, they're all really important and/or really useful!
          Thanks, I'll make sure to look through there more... it does seem like a question that many would ask I suppose lol.

Thanks again
          Where is the Hydra server option?

Comment

Wait if CHR x 2 - 1 Enimity wouldnt Errant gear defeat itself..?

Comment

And if CHR adds to enmity, then why the hell do BLM AF gloves give a CHR bonus...?
              In fact... Why do they give a CHR bonus anyway?

Comment

CHR -- enmity is just speculation; haven't seen any hard proof yet.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I agree CHR and the idea of Enmity is a little hard to determine. Considering that CHR seemed aligned with the elements Light and Dark, I would say that CHR is more of a persuasion element or luck.

As far as CHR working with Enmity I would guess it's probably formulated so that you have to first dictate which direction you want Enmity to go then from there CHR will work with it to improve the Enmity in that direction. Outside of that I still feel CHR is a base for warding potential monster aggro (Meaning that if you are near a group of mobs with a EP or possibly DC when you check them they are less likely to start an attack with you). CHR also seems to carry a luck base considering that all treasure finding traits and many obvious luck based abilities are all White.

My speculation anyway and so far the near permanent +6 CHR I have on me seems to state the same thing. Seems way to coinsidental that drops players are after tend to show almost immediatly after I join the party. Gets even better with TH active and the Light Staff seems to indicate the same thing.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

There are a lot that is speculation and very little facts with all attributes. Take everything worth a grain of salt.

You have to also understand that MMO senerio means also constant updates and changes to formula's.

One such mentioned a year or so ago, is that crit rate is effected by dex vs agi. Is this more true or less true, no one knows.

Comment

I thought VIT lowered your chances of enemys scoring critical hits agaisnt you while adding 1def for every extra 2VIT you add?
                      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                      Woodworking 91.9+2
                      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

It's been said that AGI lowers critical hit chance against you. I've never heard anything about VIT doing that. VIT increases def and lowers the maximum amount of physical damage done to you.
                        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                        Originally posted by Balfree
                        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Similarly having high dex vs monster would give you more crits.

You can test it out to an extent by taking a lvl 75 char with a weapon say daggers, and go balistic on a quifim crab...should get a good amount of crits.

Comment

Working...
                          X