This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aht Urhgan Empire flag

Well... They did mention that the Near East is currently at war with the Far East.... Maybe they have something like that in mind for those two empires?

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

What's the Tavnazian Flag? I don't recall seeing it...
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Its two swords or something. You see it in Norg, above the hall to Gilgamesh(its Norg's symbol).

Comment

Even Selbina and Kazham had flags, if you recall...by the way, the two swords aren't a flag. That's literally two actual swords...

Still, it does seem somewhat plausible that Aht Urhgan could be a playable nation. Their dominant color appears to be yellow, which when combined with blue, red, and green from the other nations, makes the four main colors found in nature. Also, Al Zahbi appears to be a port town similar to Selbina and Mhaura, and since the boat can't come from any area from Zilart or Promathia (otherwise players without those expansion packs wouldn't be able to enjoy the new material), Mhaura does seem to be the most likely choice for the boat to Al Zahbi that currently exists.

The Mamool Ja seem to be a Beastman force similar in power to the Orcs, Quadav, and Yagudo, which makes for yet another parallel between the nations. Although there have been other clear Beastmen enemies in smaller nations, those Beastmen either weren't humanoid or of a different size; the Mamool Ja are similar to the other Beastmen in size, shape, and color.

The biggest evidence against Aht Urhgan being playable is that it would be poorly balanced - many players that have already climbed the ranks in their native country, or have a stigma towards their native country (I admittedly refuse to be anything but San d'Orian...) won't be likely to change their nation, and if few people are part of it, it'll do poorly in conquests, making even fewer people desire to join it. The only way it can work is if S-E does something like gives people who join Aht Urhgan bonuses for joining that are superior to those of other nations, and if they make the Aht Urhganians get extra Conquest bonuses to make it easier for them to take territories and get the valuable merchants and outpost warps, and knowing S-E, that's not likely to happen...

EDIT: Found the flag of Tavnazia.
          Last edited by Falnax; 02-11-2006, 11:08 PM.
          Current Custom Model Viewer Progress:

Hume ♂: 39/121
          Hume ♀: 375/698
          Elvaan ♂: 86/126
          Elvaan ♀: COMPLETE!
          Tarutaru: 20/191
          Mithra: 146/638
          Galka: 35/68

Comment

I think they said in an interview that the Aht Urhgan continent (?) will not be part of the conquest. That suggests, to me, that you won't be able to change allegiance. The capital, Al Zahbi, is supposedly the same scale as Jeuno, and it seems they are setting the game up so that all high players will migrate there. However, I expect that movement between Jeuno and Al Zahbi will be kept quite simple.
            RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

I just noticed something very suspicious... I was leveling inside Attowsa chasm when i pressed button to equip my tiger mask and body piece when i noticed the exact FLAG on the back part of beastmaster AF, what could that mean O_O
              Ridill.. check oh yah

Comment

No, it's not
                Attached Files
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyram
                  I think they said in an interview that the Aht Urhgan continent (?) will not be part of the conquest. That suggests, to me, that you won't be able to change allegiance. The capital, Al Zahbi, is supposedly the same scale as Jeuno, and it seems they are setting the game up so that all high players will migrate there. However, I expect that movement between Jeuno and Al Zahbi will be kept quite simple.
                  I hope so. I don't want Jeuno to become a ghost town >.<

I suppose that the world map will not change, because it's not part of the conquest?

Comment

I remember reading that the current region map is 100% complete so I don't think it will change. But they mention that they will be adding a new region map for the new areas. Being a more content driven expansion, rather then story driven, they probably plan to release a fairly large amount of new zones.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                    X