This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaaay

Since the day it came out I have hungered for this game...after all these years my dream is about to come true. As we speak I am just doing the updates and then I can start playing...I'm 12% done in about 5 minutes so it can't be as bad as what some people have mentioned.

Anyways is there any tips I can get, like what should I do the minute I log on and all that. I am a huge noob (don't worry I don't beg for stuff or harass others to help me) so anything is really a big help. Thanks guys.

Re: Yaaay

Originally posted by cschmidt1.1
    Since the day it came out I have hungered for this game...after all these years my dream is about to come true. As we speak I am just doing the updates and then I can start playing...I'm 12% done in about 5 minutes so it can't be as bad as what some people have mentioned.

Anyways is there any tips I can get, like what should I do the minute I log on and all that. I am a huge noob (don't worry I don't beg for stuff or harass others to help me) so anything is really a big help. Thanks guys.
    To new players, I say best advice you can follow is take the time to find out how the jobs are actually played, not how SE intended them to be played. It would suck to play a WAR expecting to tank, only to find out later on you're backup tank if and only if your party's NIN is average or worse. Beyond that, do whatever you want.

For first character suggestions, I'd say simply don't go too far against the grain. While it is fun, it's also expensive because of the specialized gear you would need. And money = time spent grinding away at often boring tasks.

First thing I did was hook up with my RL friends. One of my roomies dove head first into leveling, another conned someone into PLing him, another started questing immidiatly, and the last roomie stood around like a bafoon in level one gear for for fifteen levels.

To each his own, I guess.

Comment

I still dont see why WARs cant tank..other than the mindset of players that they shouldnt tank..

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
        I still dont see why WARs cant tank..other than the mindset of players that they shouldnt tank..
        I agree entirely, but that's exactly the point. I don't see a problem with WAR tanking and never have. This view was reenforced during my first trip through dunes where by sheer volume of hate, WAR tend to tank anyhow. I'd be a little miffed if I started playing WAR with that expectation though only to find out that I'm eventually going to be nothing more than a backseat driver so to speak. Hense, the advice to find out how jobs are actually played (not intended).

And that's to say nothing of the crack that Mr. Brady was smoking when he wrote his book.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
          And that's to say nothing of the crack that Mr. Brady was smoking when he wrote his book.
          Haha I entirely agree. Gimme some of that, it must be good stuff.
          <:3_)~

Comment

cschmidt, if you haven't already, I really recommend you read the new players sticky by Lionna above this thread.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Most Wars tank all the way through the jungles and the good ones tank will tank even higher then that. Heck from 10-37 the best tank imo is a War/mnk with a Gaxe O.o

Anyway, for new player info, it's best to check the stickied topic. That should help with a genral overview of how to do things. If you have specific questions though, then ask those and I'm sure they'll be answered.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

It's the same reason every party after 41 has to have a red mage for some reason. People are so obsessed with having the most efficient party these days, they'll ignore any other possibilities.

Congratulations on making it to Vana'diel! You'll have a wonderful time.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Working...
                X