X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Fashon Guide 2005?

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...-j-70-r8u.html

Intresting. Discuss?
    Last edited by InuTrunks; 11-29-2005, 04:45 AM.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Re: FFXI Fashon Guide 2005?

Wow.. I recognize the cover- one of the import shops near me had it and I had no idea wtf it is. Those crazy japanese and their video game books. If only I could read japanese I'd be all over it >.>.

I would like to know exactly what an FFXI Fashion Guide would be though...

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

"AF is out, stick with your newbie armor! You'll get a 10+ in STYLE!"

o.o Maybe some articles of crazy gamer girls gossiping on what's in and out?
      [Yeeah... I'll fit something here sooner or later. o_o;]

Comment

im gonna get one of those....
        Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
        InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

What do you guys think it is... I really want to buy it just to see what it is.

Eriatarka if you get it, let us know what it is alright?
          -Baka Inu!
          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

perhaps bside or jonnyram could provide some insight. if it's just graphics of all the equipment, then we already have MV and FFXI Graphipedia for that.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
              perhaps bside or jonnyram could provide some insight. if it's just graphics of all the equipment, then we already have MV and FFXI Graphipedia for that.
              i don't have one myself, but looking at the reviews at amazon.co.jp, and from what i've heard from friends who have one, it's pretty much just the graphics of most equipments, plus some stats, etc. so u r right, model viewer and Graphipedia pretty much do the job. not to mention the book was published back in June, so it's a little outdated.

however, as w/ the famous Vana'diel World Report, some ppl prefer to have printed informations rather than having to browse thru the websites. also, this book is by Dengeki, so there r ppl who r rather intersted in their articles, comments, etc.

ultimately, it's a FFXI visual fan book. there r ppl who finds it a waste of money cos of model viewer and Graphipedia, and there r ppl who want one, just like every other fan books out there.

Comment

Thank you bside-san

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yes the book is about the armors in FFXI, I have it. I love getting the books from Japan because they are always so unique! Guides in Japan are in a better format and more detailed than the ones here also. And their size is so much better in my opinion. If you have the $$ to blow its a cute book but nothing you haven't seen before.

Oh ya, watch the shipping for books from Japan. It's a killer! From that site the shipping on that book is $14 so the book will cost you $42!
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                    Yes the book is about the armors in FFXI, I have it. I love getting the books from Japan because they are always so unique! Guides in Japan are in a better format and more detailed than the ones here also. And their size is so much better in my opinion. If you have the $$ to blow its a cute book but nothing you haven't seen before.

Oh ya, watch the shipping for books from Japan. It's a killer! From that site the shipping on that book is $14 so the book will cost you $42!
                    Get it from Amazon.co.jp ... you can get better shipping deals.

Comment

I have friends in Japan that buy most of my stuff, even my Pocky! LOL
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

i gotta buy one

i love buying stuff lol

Comment

*is living in Japan at the moment*

I saw this in a department store and had a flick through. It's basically just pictures of all the armor sets, their stats, and what they look like on all the races. Not worth the money if you ask me.

If you really want to spend your money wisely however there's a book recently released by the same people which is basically a massive atlas to Vana'Diel (3rd edition). I can't remember the title exactly, I bought it though and it's AMAZING. It gives detailed information for every zone in the game, right down to the maps, what monsters are there, what level they are, what quests and NMs you do there, mining/excavation etc info, where the elementals spawn (!), as well as any other special information on that area such as how to navigate complicated areas (Pso'Xja). It covers everything up to Lumoria, although the Lumoria section is very sparse since at the time of publication Hu'Xzoi and Ru'Hmet were only just made accessible. I think it's just called the Vana'Diel Guide or something like that, when I get home I'll have a look and find out what it's called exactly. It cost about ï¿¥2300.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks
                            *is living in Japan at the moment*

I saw this in a department store and had a flick through. It's basically just pictures of all the armor sets, their stats, and what they look like on all the races. Not worth the money if you ask me.

If you really want to spend your money wisely however there's a book recently released by the same people which is basically a massive atlas to Vana'Diel (3rd edition). I can't remember the title exactly, I bought it though and it's AMAZING. It gives detailed information for every zone in the game, right down to the maps, what monsters are there, what level they are, what quests and NMs you do there, mining/excavation etc info, where the elementals spawn (!), as well as any other special information on that area such as how to navigate complicated areas (Pso'Xja). It covers everything up to Lumoria, although the Lumoria section is very sparse since at the time of publication Hu'Xzoi and Ru'Hmet were only just made accessible. I think it's just called the Vana'Diel Guide or something like that, when I get home I'll have a look and find out what it's called exactly. It cost about ï¿¥2300.
                            I'm guessing its only in Japanese? The only one we've gotten came out earlier this year, but is still missing most of, if not all the stuff from CoP. God forbid we get up to date atlases and other books here. :/
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Ya, the JPs get MUCH better guides than we do. The only drawback is that for big games they are broken up into seperate books. There can be 3 or more guides covering different aspects of the game that you would have to buy if you wanted all the info. But spending the money on these guides wouldn't bother me since they are usually gorgeous and extremely informative! I have nearly every JP FF guide made and some of them cost me a pretty penny too! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X