This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Linkshell

what makes a good linkshell? my ls just disbanded. watching my linkshell fall apart around me has made me wonder, what does it take to keep one together?

i was the shellholder, but i don't think it fell apart because of anything i did. my post here is only a request for advice: What do i next time i buy a linkshell, to make sure the ls is as successful as it can be?

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
    I live to entertain!

Re: Broken Linkshell

its out of your power really no matter how cool, nice, friendly, active you are if people go to another LS, they just will TT

my best suggestion would be to invite your closest friends first, and then let them invite there closests friends, closests friends so everyone gets to know eachother, then act as a community and plan LS events and do schedules to help specific LS memebers out on hard quests it will earn respect for them all. ^^

thats just my opinion my big bro made the LS White Wings and we have over 70 members in it, mainly because he has a group of high level elitests everyone respects and always gets the time to help others.

Comment

Aegina,

Looking at my LS, we've lasted a long long time. We don't plan very often, we don't have to really. My friends and I make up what is the foundation of the LS, our core group. The core group is a group of close knit friends that have loyalty to one another no matter what. It is this loyalty that makes it possible for us all to stay together, sure we have our other LSs if need be, but we feel that OUR LS is a rock to come to when we need it. That loyalty to one another is what makes us friends and bonds us together even after a fight, that loyalty lets me know that even though I haven't been on for a while, when I come back, they will all have been waiting for me to return. You want to know what to do now that you have lost your LS? Well I think it would be a great idea to look around for a new LS already in formation. It always depends on what you are looking for, whether it be an NMLS or just something to have fun with, there are plenty out there. I've obeserved that one of the best ways to find what you are looking for is through pting, often times you can be invited to join when another group member sees your skill, or (as I'm you have) great personality. When the time is right, I'm sure you will make a great LS member or leader for that matter...^,~

Sincerely,
      ARSafyre

p.s.- I noticed that you are on Caitsith as well. If you are looking for a good LS, try mine, its called Icenegi. My friends are great, and really welcoming when you get in there with them. If you do decide to check it out, look for one of these members:
      Clari
      Azhura
      Gipple
      Sekien
      Kafei
      just tell them Chibi sent you, and they won't question it. GL
      Last edited by safyre; 11-13-2005, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I know how hard it can be.

With the RedLotus, we have had certain members try to break up the shell and steal the members. Which they actually did. Kind of a tough moment for me in FFXI.

We still have our loyal members who have been there since day one, and that's what really kept the shell going. Now it's back to being strong, and we've got a lot more high leveled people to help everyone out. So yeah, I think it all comes down to really close friends you have, to keep the shell going.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

I good linkshell is one with a strong and caring linkshell leader. A good linkshell is one that operates identically when a linkshell leader is online or offline
          Yarr - Level 75 White Mage
          Ifrit Server
          Cobra Kai Dojo Linkshell Leader
          www.cobrakaidojo.net

Comment

The only advice I can give, seeing as I've witnessed the rise and fall of no less than 4 linkshells in my entire career with FFXI, is to keep the LS small. Have a good group of your best friends, people that you either from IRL or people that you are very close to.

Loyalty seems to be an issue with FFXI, because you can have an unlimited number of pearls to an unlimited number of linkshells. Yet, there's a finite number of people in the community. In other MMO games, this was resolved by forcing players to adopt only one guild/clan/corporation and that enforces unwavering loyalty and makes it difficult for players to act irrational and cause problems (Not to say that it doesn't happen, but it is minimized because of the way things are set up and operates)

In FFXI, you'll have various players, notably high end gamers, that will have several pearls in their inventory. One for a Sky LS, another for general ground HNMs and yet another for Sea. Then one or two for Dynamis and a couple of others as "social" shells.

The problem with this (I don't need to outline the benefits because it's pretty obvious as to what it is) is that there's no way to tell where a player's loyalty will lie with. They are able to "hop" around. If they find something happening in one shell, they'll go and attend an event, but maybe before the event runs down, they'll go and jump at another. I've seen many players "ditch" something because they had "other obligations or plans" that needed to be taken care of. This can be infuriating and annoying.

Again, keep your LS small and keep only players that will not be hopping around various LS. I don't think we need to have an enforcement of a one LS only rule, because that totally defeats the purpose and spirit of individual freedom. But on the flipside, there's something to be said of someone who has many pearls and like to just flip it on and off at whim, with no regards to the consequences of such action.

Comment

some advise someone else gave me was don't have a lot of sackholders.

also, be careful who you invite^^

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
              I live to entertain!

Comment

What makes a good linkshell? Good people and a serious pearlmaster.
                Signature, ah!

Comment

Working...
                X