This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIclopedia - a wiki

I noticed that a wiki is hosted on this site, and it's... well... empty. I have been hosting an FFXI wiki for a long time now, and it is loaded with information. There are 8000+ articles in FFXIclopedia. If you already use FFXIclopedia, excellent. If not, you can check it out at http://wiki.teamavengers.org . Help add new information, update existing information or correct any mistakes you may find. You don't need to be a web designer to help out. Just add any new information, and someone else will make it look good. I don't really see the point in having a second FFXI wiki out there. A wiki is a community based tool. Why should the community add the information two times? AFAIK, FFXIclopedia is the only sucessful FFXI based wiki. Feel free to link to it in any way you see fit.

Re: FFXIclopedia - a wiki

very nice ganiman its very helpful thanx
    ------------------------------------------------------

-DEATH?? What is this word you speak of? I can not die I AM IMMORTAL

-yeah yeah i at least heard 1000 of u say the same thing and they all felt tip of my blade

Comment

I have that site bookmarket at home, so you're the owner is it, hi!

I allways thought ffxionline should link to you instead of using it's own wiki.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Or possibly share the database?

I havn't really regarded FFXIOnline as a database kind of site though, so it hasn't really been a problem for me. This place is one of the more mature FFXI sites out there, and all you have to do is take a look at the Drg forums to understand that.

Comment

i think linking to yours would be the best for everyone. ffxionline users get a link to a good resource, and your wiki gets more users
          63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Wow, that's awesome, thanks for the link. =)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Thanks for the comments ^^ There are a few people who have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours of work into getting FFXIclopedia where it is today. And now thanks to Pebble's FFXI tool kit, I have begun work on another database similar to what ffxi.somepage.com does. It will have nearly the same exact data because it is pulled from the FFXI .dat files, but I will be attempting to take it a step further. It will also have direct links for each item/weapon/armor/etc to FFXIclopedia so you can easily see how to obtain/craft the item. I've been dying to find a way to pull info out of the FFXI .dat files for well over a year now, and now I can finally do it. It won't be long before the new database is up and running.

I'm not sure who the site admin is here, but if they want any other help linking back to FFXIclopedia for anything, feel free to contact me back at www.teamavengers.org. Sharing the database probably wouldn't be a good option, because there would have to be constant updates sent back and forth between sites and that could get ugly.

Comment

Working...
              X