This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamis Newbie.

So yea, I went on my first Dynamis run lastnight as an observer. Well everything's fine and dandy, till Ihave to get up to get some food (I let them know, and auto follow a guy who dosn't change equip/was cooking dinner himself).

Ayway, while cooking we wipe, and raise and wipe again, by that time I got a phone call that one of my friends was in a car accident, and she was really stressed out, scared, ect ect. Now, if you were in my shoes, would you have even thought about FFXI at all?

I sure as hell didn't till I got back and had like a /t log of angry elitist people pissed off, and now my LS and the LS I went with is severily pissed off at me.

So, what would you have done?

Also, nothing was explained to me about dynamis, I don't know anyting about it, no one told me to read, they just said /assit main tank which I did.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Re: Dynamis Newbie.

fake D/C

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yea, but what i'm saying is would you have even thought about dynamis? When you're friend just got into a car wreck and is crying on the phone?
      -Baka Inu!
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

I think I would quickly leave a msg "srry accident emergency" and go.

In Dynamis, remember don't /heal when you go AFK. LEave your char standing. When some puller are kiting 6-7 mobs, they will attack anyone who's sitting on their way.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Wasn't sitting either ^^, was standing there cause i'm a melee, I don't /heal ever >.>.

But, lesson learned, and now most of the server wants to kill me for some unkonwn reason (They still finished dynamis, with no one else dieing after that).
          -Baka Inu!

Comment

Going AFK is very bad in dynamis. The treasure pool can fill up very quickly and items get autodistributed when the pool is filled with currency or AF. Autofollow is also very terrible in dynamis because if somone changes equipment you can run into a group of mobs and aggro them causing pops that the linkshell may not have wanted to deal with. The best thing to do when you need to go AFK is to temp log.

Comment

I really don't think people understand, I didn't even think about FFXI untill I got back and I had been D2'd to Jeuno. I wasn't on Autofollow, I wasn't /healing I was standing there, away from mobs, not in a repop zone, nothing.

I todl them I had to cook dinner, when I got the phonecall I didn't evne think about FFXI.

<b>Would you?</b>
              -Baka Inu!

Comment

well, ppl got mad when you go AFK is normal tho ^^ The real problem is that, after you got back, do they listen to your reason. If you explain and they don't even try to understand you then that's bad.

in my LS we have to D2 some AFK/sleepers once in a while too. But nobody really makes it a big deal. In your case there just happenned to be a wipe so probably you are being blamed for causing it more than the AFK itself maybe.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I am not the type to rush to accident because you might just have an accident myself. I usually check double check and then hurry (but not rush) over. In that time I would satisfy things that I need to wrap up. So I would have logged out of Dynamis. For example if I was in a meeting I would tell the people I had to go and give brief reason and possible time of return. I wouldn't just storm out of the office like a tornado.

The Golden Age of BLM

Comment

I semi-agree with JamesX, I personally believe InuTrunks have done what almost everybody would have done. It was better just to type "Friend got into car accident, need to log NOW" and left. But since we're talking about a real life crisis, its hard to act with reason+logic, so the way InuTrunks had acted is completely understandable.

The aftereffect is understandable too. There is absolutely no way u can give ur LS evidence on why u left. Some might believe u just left for a "bad" reason despite all ur effort in trying to convince them that u were telling the truth.
                    noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerou
                      I semi-agree with JamesX, I personally believe InuTrunks have done what almost everybody would have done. It was better just to type "Friend got into car accident, need to log NOW" and left. But since we're talking about a real life crisis, its hard to act with reason+logic, so the way InuTrunks had acted is completely understandable.

The aftereffect is understandable too. There is absolutely no way u can give ur LS evidence on why u left. Some might believe u just left for a "bad" reason despite all ur effort in trying to convince them that u were telling the truth.
                      /agree

I would have just left asap for whatever reason/using whatever method possible.

Comment

If you do happen to think about it though, otehr than just saying "i haev to go emergency" drop your hourglass adn you will be warped from dynamis

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Inu, you did what anyone who isnt a cold hearted ^%#$%^&&$## would have done. since you told them you were AFK for dinner, since they chose to fight w/o you being there, the wipe is thier fault, and I know RL things are more important than anything and everything FFXI has to offer/have/show. if someone calls you to tell you your friend/relative/whoever you care for died and you completely loose touch w/ reality which causes your 50000 closest friends on the server doing such and such mission w/ you, to get wiped (also considering if no one told you how to do dynamis, provided you explained you've never done one before), well, tough ^&%$ for them. they can get the xp back, they can try again on another day.

"Vana'Diel is an experience that only MMORPGs can provide yada yada yada. However we would like to remind you to not let your real life suffer as a consequence. do not forget your family, friends, school or work."
                          everyone says "OK" to get past this window to play FFXI, if anyone tells you otherwise, tell them to "shove it" and find some different friends.
                          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                          G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                          San Doria Rank 6
                          ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

I can understand the annoyance.
                            But if someone I knew was hurt in a car accident I wouldn't think twice about FFXI, if they can't understand that I find it really sad.

Comment

To clear up a little bit, she is A-OK, she was mostly scared/shocked more then anything, it was her first car accident. When you have a girl on the phone, crying, and shaking extremly badly, you really do lose touch with reality. No, I didn't speed to the scene, or drive wrecklessly (after have been in 2 accidents myself (neither were my fault, one person decided to pull out in fron to fme, the other was a deer), I know how shocking the first one is.

Also, Yes, they knew I was new to dynamis, and I asked some questions, and they got pissed off at asking me asking questions. "Go read about it online" they said (10 mins before we're about to go). I'm sorry, I don't have enough time to read 4 fourms full of dynamis posts about what to do/what not to do, ect ect. I mean, I've read though them now, and understand a little bit.

Tokitoki: I didn't know this, but, when I got the call from her, I was in my kitchen fixing dinner, I didn't even get to eat my dinner because I turned off the half cooked meal from the stove and drove out. I didn't even go back to my room to even think about the computer.
                              -Baka Inu!

Comment

Working...
                              X