This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding help for quests/missions

Is it just me or is it impossible these days? I've been trying to get a group going for my RDM artifact hat quest, but I haven't had one person respond to a shout (one who wasn't asking what their rewards would be). It's really annoying, not being able to get help to do a damn thing without paying some asswipe(s) 500k+ What happened to just helping someone out because sooner or later you will need help or etc. This game is real group based is it not? Thought it was supposed to be a community kind of thing... I might as well just stay up all night and get a JP group going. Probably the only way I'm going to get help anyway.. /rant

Re: Finding help for quests/missions

I'll get right on it!

Comment

first of all other people have things they want to do as well. G 1,
      G 2,.. higher levels maybe are trying to put partys together to get their testimonys. so other people have agendas as well same as you. 2nd i have helped do this af for the rdm pimp hat 5 times i have died 3 of those. ive seen 2 different lvl 70+ players die as well helping do this. best thing for this fight is a 70+ nin to tank it and a 70+ drk to keep it under control. it has an aoe drain attack that is bad news for lower than 60. so a small efficient party is best. 2 of the times i did this with friends they paid 100k for high lvl nin and rdm to help. time is money for someone saving for new gear. you also have to look at the possible exp loss if fight goes bad.

Comment

I was actually pretty lucky to have some very nice friends. Arudo, 75 nin soloed my Rdm Hat, miminoneko 75mnk helped me with all coffer keys etc. I think it really helps to know nice people and be in a nice LS. Shouting can really be unreliable, unless there's other Rdm wanting it too or your friends hear it, you can't expect much response at all.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

before the english ffxi realease, shouting is the way to go.
          after it realease, somehow it dont work as well anymore lol
          when i am mid level i use to shout for help with af genkai etc and there will be some nice jp since no english version yet when i am mid level to help me up.
          Maybe now i dont need much help or i can find help inside the LS i am in or able to solo most stuff quest i need

Comment

Mercenary,
            Do you need it?

Comment

I have never and will never pay for anyone to help me with quests/missions. I disagree with this concept. Help = free, Job = for pay.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Wow.. was expecting to get alot of hate, but only one sarcastic ass who posted.

Yeah I was kind of frustarted, but meh. Hopefully today some of my friends will be on and able to help. I was just getting at the fact that when I used to play on my same character a while back getting help was relatively easy, but now it no one is willing to. (YES I know some people have stuff to do ingame, but I doubt every person in Jeuno is busy.. it's really just the fact that no one wants to help, but they seem to just love getting help.. Oh and yes I help random people shouting for AF quests, coffer hunts, etc.asa well as help my friends on just about anything before anyone brings that to question.

Comment

As of late I've been going on any G1 run, or AF1 runs I can get my DRK butt on! Most of them are chances for Skill Ups. And I need to cap Great Sword so I can level DRK again. I've been on 5 G1 runs in the past two weeks. And I went and hacked the DRK AF1 and WHM AF1 to pieces. (I was worried when I did DRK AF1. Was actually nervous. That Yag is such a push over!)

I hate that I don't have a Lv.75 job so I can't just sit in Jeuno and answer those calls for help. Out of the game for a year and come back and all my LS friends are Lv.65 to Lv.70+. I used to be one of the highest leveled guys helping everybody who needed it. Now I'm the one who needs help with AF pieces and quests. /sigh
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

hehe, I know how you feel. I quit the game twice before and all my friends passed me (or forgot about me). Though today I finally got help! A whm was seeking help for his mob in Fei'yin as well, and he had a few friends come, and I stole a few LS members. Paragon of Red mage excellence

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                      I have never and will never pay for anyone to help me with quests/missions. I disagree with this concept. Help = free, Job = for pay.
                      Same as Grandmom~ yay!

I believe in helping for free, if people want to pay me, I will cancel(unless the sum is over 50mil, then it's too tempting to click OK.). I don't need people to remember me or thank me materially. I hate when you have to pay/take something before getting/providing help, it's a game, if you know how hard it is for a lv50 to get lots of gil, and how hard it is to get pass limit 1, then why not give them some helps? I am sure plenty of people have receieved helps for free, before the pay-for-help things started.

Off topic, well, slightly off topic:
                      Doesn't the pay-for-help mercenery thing encourages gil buyers? Everyone wanna get to 75 asap, and what's the fastest way for a lv50 to get money to pay the greedy people?

Comment

Working...
                      X