This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to steal from RMT?

Recently on my server a player joined a RMT O-Hat run. One of the RMTs traded his cluster, the NA player lotted on the O-Hat and won the lot.
    Yes it is ok to steal from RMTs.
    58.45%
    No, Stealing is wrong even from RMTs.
    41.55%

The poll is expired.

Sergeant Major
    75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
    22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
    Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Re: Is it ok to steal from RMT?

Rmt = ?

Comment

no. that will only promote hostility. everyone lose.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

RMT = Real Money Trader = Gil Seller

as for the topic at hand, no.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

It's the RMTs own fault for bringing somone they didn't know well enough with them...They brought it on themselves really, some RMT might be stupid but I think most can tell they aren't the most liked of players...

And...well, they're RMT, if it's ok to get an RMT banned or MPK one, then what's to stop somone stealing from them when there are RMT who steal NMs & HNMs anyway.

Linkshell(s) : BritishGeezers, SoulPirates, ThreadsOfFate - Roleplaying LS of Ragnarok, and Anzana HNMls.
          LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seldzar/

Comment

imo, KS a mob is not the same as stealing items/gil.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Its really the same thing...think about it, players want the mobs to advance their characters with the drops be it from profit selling them or abjurations to uncurse armour etc, RMT taking these mobs from legitimate players are essentially taking the items and gil away and saying if you want this you gotta give us your money!

Linkshell(s) : BritishGeezers, SoulPirates, ThreadsOfFate - Roleplaying LS of Ragnarok, and Anzana HNMls.
              LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seldzar/

Comment

well, just my view. We, legit players I believe many of us look down at RMTs. Everyone have their reason for doing so. We associate them as being low. Same catagory as theft, fraud, KSing, these at least I consider are low low things to do in game.

Now, if we think we're better than them, there's no reason to lower ourself to their level. Whether it's for vengence or hatred. When some homeless shoot crap at our door, we don't go do the same thing at the footpath they sleep at right?
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I can't lower myself to their level.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Now, if we think we're better than them, there's no reason to lower ourself to their level.
                    Exactly! when someone is all "Oh noes, they did this bad thing, I'ma go MPK them cause I am teh uber and is better than them." they are just being stupid and will prolly get a GM called on them or something like that. . .
                    /rant

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

I think its lame to steal no matter who from. yupp.. just my crappy opinoin

Comment

How do you define RMT?

Chinese name?
                        -I am chinese, if I wanted, I could have a chinese name too, so I am all of a sudden a RMT because of that?
                        There are plenty of english players out there taking chinese names out of stuffs and used as their character's name too, RMT?

Farm? Camp NM?
                        -If I am in need of an ochiudo kote, and I: could not camp the NM myself, since lv34 will have a good time trying to get to the NM spot to begin with; could not camp any good NM at low lvl(I doubt anyone has the skill of a veteran at their very 1st 30 job). I will camp or farm something crap for items I need, for weeks and months if need to be(since I have decided to buy the kote before getting pass 34)

Crap players?
                        -I partied with NIN(that has a RDM70), that couldn't afford more than 2 sets of tools(kurayami and utsusemi ONLY), but he definately wasn't a RMT, though his skill sucked hell. Also another RNG who had no AF at 58, a few JP players who have the skill of a n00b with their brains dead. Crap players can be RMT, but crap players are not RMT, good players can be RMT just as well.

Players with rich gears that YOU cannot afford?
                        -I wouldn't even bother going into this, use your brain a little.

Players that you don't know?
                        -I don't know Bandicoot(neighbortaru) in Remora, so if I see him camping NMs, I can call him RMT and take his NMs? Pretty cool idea, hey?

People said they are?
                        -How do they know who's RMT? They are your friends so they know? They are lv75 so they know? I have seen lv75(R10 in 2 nations, amazingly... Leech is cool) who believe you can kill a NM 15+ higher than himself, with a carbuncle that does 0 damage, while asking our BLM for Erase. Under 60 party by the way.
                        I can easily frame someone if I had to, if Bandicoot is mean, he can always name everyone he hates on Remora as RMT, since little kids have the tedency to listen to someone with "power", and mod on forums = "power".

No, because there is no real way to identify RMTs, I will be pretty pissed if I finally got my cluster made, and have my NM stolen because of some immature little justice-doer kids. We already have enough problem with the FF community, we don't need people calling everyone's names and ruining everyone's games, while living in each imaginative world of hero/heroine's little justice save the world bull.
                        Last edited by Lacilie; 09-20-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Lacille and Jei are right on the money, senator

Comment

Yes, I would do anything that would discourage an RMT from playing (or should I say ruining) FFXI and its economy. Steal from them, MPK, harass, etc.

Look at it this way: If an RMT were in your PT when a very expensive item dropped from HNM, NM or God-- I'm positive that they would lot on it in an attempt to steal it. RMTs do not care about making friends, and are in no way concerned about their reputation within FFXI's community. They only care about making gil, by any means. If they don't care about us, then why should we care about them? They don't play fair, then why should we? If we don't fight back against RMTs, their numbers will continue to grow and the FFXI economy will continue to inflate.

Square Enix hasn't made a significant effort to stop RMT. I just think its time we as a community of genuine gamers take matters into our own hands.

CLOAK : THF ~ 75 | NIN ~ 53 | SAM ~ 41 | WAR ~ 26 | MNK ~ 20 |
                            San d'Oria - Rank 10

[Alt] PRYDE : PLD ~ 68 | WAR ~ 37 | MNK ~ 18 |
                            San d'Oria - Rank 8

Linkshells - TheFourthDimension | SpiralingDescent

Comment

I had 4 Robber Crabs trained on me while i was fighting a Devil Manta... I just moved to the left outside the cave camp in the south part of Cape Terrigan and they didnt get me, but its the principle! Then they trained a few raptors on the exp PT for whatever reason...

But anyway, I would steal from em... They are monopolizing NMs in sky and NMs on the ground ruining the game for others. If i have to steal from them to get what I want to enjoy the game while they are just selling this stuff to use for an inflated price, I'll do it.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Working...
                              X