This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a noob?!

ugh.. ok im starting to realize this more and more..

either in shouts.. or it going on rite in front of me

ok.. really why do u high lvl's like 50 and up.. or anyone else who thinks there a god in this game. like to call other noobs?

i mean really? what dose it prove.. other then ther new at the game... u say it like its some kind of insult.

Honestly i think u guys are fucking loosers. I mean u call us noobs.. yet u sit in side all day and play this game. Go out side.. do something.

But really.. this is a serious question.. Im sick of it going on.. And when ever it dose i alwase stick up for the people getting called a noob. Who cares if there new. and shit.. u were like that once. So what gives u the rite to make fun of them?

and it happend to me the other day. i was gonna lvl my blm. because i was a whm/rdm bbut i switched my sub to blm on accident. and within 10 sec. (not jokeing) i got a tell from a lvl 60 war telling me to lvl my sub. He said Lvl ur sub u damn noob. And idk why that annoyed me so much. and i told him off and he loged.. ugh..

but anyway.. Serious question .. Why dose this go on so much.?
    Last edited by Jokerboy1; 08-28-2005, 09:08 AM. Reason: typos

Re: What makes a noob?!

Life of MMORPGs, really...

High levels believe they have the power to be a d**k, and calling new people "noobs" is just one of the many "powers" they have gained at high level. I have met plenty of people calling others noobs on a job they haven't played, but they have another job that is 75, so they believe they know all. You can't really change their attitude, they probably don't have much life(as we all know), so they need to feel superior in some online enviornment or they will kill themselves.

As for the tells you get, that is why I /anon even for the brief moments(like a minute at most, with casttime, loadtime etc included) I switch my main job to BLM(for warp) leaving my sub to be war, nin or thf, because I know there will be a d**k out there who think I am about to level my BLM with the subjob.

Ignore them is the best you can do, learn from it, and don't become like them when you are high.

Comment

If im new to a game i call my self a noob sometimes, i dont consider it an insult, it just means you are new to the game and are not 100% sure how it works.

Comment

Well...there are some people that despite people helping them out refuse to listen. Its their choice really though. For example, i have no problems with a new player trying to learn, everyone does, me you everyone. However the problem occurs when:

You try to help them, they do not listen and actually try to teach YOU even when they are rank 1 without a subjob or something and saying whatever they know off some guide or something of the sort. I wouldnt mind it so much if they were discussing about the validity of the advice, but when they try to act superior to someone sugguesting them to more efficiently help the party out, it becomes a problem.

or

They completely ignore you and keep doing what they are doing -_-;a Some mages do that.

or

They dont listen anyway even when it is proven that having a subjob will help you out. Many people at the lower levels refuse to level their subjob and carry it on to Qufim, its so bad at times that some people get annoyed. Also some even refuse to get a subjob(mostly WHMs i feel) despite you trying to convince them to get one because its that useful. However its their choice nonetheless, their reaction however arent that great.

However on the flip side there are people that condemn lower levels just because they are high level to feel superior, even someone tried to condemn me for being level 64(for the damnest long time) and not being 75 and in a HNM LS and saying i know nothing about one(even though i have tried it in a small time HNM LS, not saying i know everything but still the way he said it wasnt warranted).

What i am basically saying that theres bad side of both newbs and higher leveled people, some people's responses might not be completely unjustified because of what people do. However that doesnt excuse them, but it is understandable why some people do. Just remember that although there might be bad high levelers, there is equal if not greater ammounts of newbs that are similar. Take it in stride and dont become one of them, thats all you can do, one less is one more for the enjoyment and good of the entire FFXI community.

Comment

omg someone called you a noob. we all have been noobs. its not the end of the world. you wont die from being called a noob one to many times. ive been playing since beta and im still a noob. we call each other in ls noobs, people that have been playing as long as i have. its not a bad thing its a description of some one new in our world. if you dont feel like a noob then just ignore the hecklers. the only and biggest sign of noobs are the beggers. people that want instant wealth without work. i had a lvl 21 rdm with sub come up and ask me for gil. i told them to go farm it, and then made some suggestions on ways to farm the ah,, and they just blew me off. now thats a real noob.

Comment

the only and biggest sign of noobs are the beggers. people that want instant wealth without work. i had a lvl 21 rdm with sub come up and ask me for gil. i told them to go farm it, and then made some suggestions on ways to farm the ah,, and they just blew me off. now thats a real noob.
            Ahh yeah that happened to me once too...it was pretty messed up..

Newb: Hey
            Me: Hello!
            *15seconds doesnt talk back*
            Me: Um...(Do you need any help?)
            Newb: Can i have some gil?
            -_-;
            Me: No but i can show you some good ways to get some gil if you like
            Me: Its not that hard if you know how to.
            Newb: *just runs off while i was typing the last line*

Its retarded i agree so much..-_-; How many people got that?

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
              Ahh yeah that happened to me once too...it was pretty messed up..

Newb: Hey
              Me: Hello!
              *15seconds doesnt talk back*
              Me: Um...(Do you need any help?)
              Newb: Can i have some gil?
              -_-;
              Me: No but i can show you some good ways to get some gil if you like
              Me: Its not that hard if you know how to.
              Newb: *just runs off while i was typing the last line*

Its retarded i agree so much..-_-; How many people got that?
              HAHAHA I get that crap all the time, especially while running around in San d'Oria.

Was 20x worse when I had Mentor up. Needless to say, I took it down. I guess n00bs feel "Mentor" means "Gil Giver" and "Power Leveler".
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Half the time it's a joke, other times it's a stereotypical word for a bad player.

A "newbie" or a new player should be capable of learning, grow, and adapt. They are not n00bs in this case because their potential has yet to be set.

A real n00b should be someone who is unable to do the above. saying, "I know what I'm doing" and then show they don't is the typical reference.

I guess you can call it a immaturity.

I sometimes joke about that for rank5s lfgs and it kinda pains me I'm right a bit more then I should be joking about.

Comment

Yeah rank 5 isnt that big a deal anymore even though it says a HELL lot more than a rank 1 or 2...because many players leech off high lvl help :x so its not really whoa rank 5 anymore than it used to. Rank 6 however is harder with the BC50 fight.

I get that crap all the time, especially while running around in San d'Oria
                  You know whats scary? It happened at SanDoria for me too...*shudder* @_@

Comment

When I am talking about new players, I am simply mean unexperienced or a someone who is bit too overly excited. And, it's not really an insult, just a term of endearment like "youngun." I never use the term towards the person in quetion. Usually, it's over linkshell or /tell to another person.
                    Examples: "OMG! I just killed the dragon and got Rank 3!!!11one"
                    "*someone checks me*
                    >>Fastcart (Samuria) /cream" (the latter really happened to me. ;; )

When I'm talking about a player who has a level 60+ job, it's an insult.
                    Examples: "What do you mean you don't know how many arrows are in a quiver? You're a level 62 Rng?"
                    "You're a level 75 Sam and don't know what Warding Circle does??" (both happened...)

So, at least for me, I don't think new players need to get overly insulted by the term. We all had to go through it. It's kind of a rite. These days, it's ok for a person of multiple 75 jobs to call someone with one 75 job a newb...as long as they know each other.

A lot of times, we see things new players do and are reminded of ourselves in fact. But, I am not obnoxious about it unless I see some lvl 40 calling a level 20 a newb and being a jerk about it. It's kind of like an age 13 picking on an age 9 (bad analogy admittedly but ok for my purposes, apologies to all of the 9 and 13 year olds) and that really gets under my skin.
                    Last edited by fastcart; 08-28-2005, 01:36 PM.

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Some of the worst Noobs can be the high level players who think they know everything and aren't prepaired to listen to anyone telling them they're wrong.

Comment

Completely random and accidental, it turned out I have a screen shot of an NPC calling me a newbie.

So you see, it's really SE instilling this into us. Vicious cycle I tell you.^^

Title: Sergeant Major
                        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

What makes a noob?!
                          A papa noob and a mama noob.

Comment

Newb is somebody who's new to something. Noob is somebody who sucks at something. GET IT RIGHT NOOB!!!!!

J/K ^^

Comment

99.99% of hi lvls who b callin ppl noobs arnt serious there just messin around ww

that sunds really stupid tho

"j00 are newbie" who gets insulted by tht?

roflcopter

- Teh_pwnerer
                              In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                              And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                              Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                              Yeah, It’s true.
                              It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Working...
                              X