Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocobo Knight - A guy can dream, right? ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Knight - A guy can dream, right? ;)

Before reading, keep in mind that I'm just having fun, and I don't really need total flaws and mistakes pointed out because I'm not a FFXI designer and there's no way they'd ever put this in the game anyway. I merely had a fun idea and went with it. Enjoy, folks.

Chocobo Knights are a damage-dealing melee class, utilizing the strengths of their own mountable battle chocobo. Like Dragoons, these tough chocobos accompany the knight into battle. Unlike Dragoons, however, the Chocobo does not have its own HP bar, it is shared with the knight (unless the two hour ability is used).
    JOB ABILITIES

Retreat
    Level 1
    Interval: 2 hours
    Duration: (varies)

Sometimes in battles, things can get dicey. If Chocobo and Knight are low on HP or the party is suffering considerably, the Knight can bid farewell to its brave sidekick. When Retreat initiates, the Knight will dismount his Chocobo quickly. The Chocobo will now have its own HP bar and will have double the Knight's Max HP. Warking uncontrollably and dealing only as much damage as it can with claws and beak, it will hold the attention of the targeted monster (it will cause about as much hate as Benediction does to a WHM) until it dies in battle. As soon as the Chocobo has fallen, hate will be directed at the Knight it served. While the Chocobo is holding the attention of the monster, the knight and/or his party can utilize this time to either take a breather and regain composure to finish off the fight, or simply run as far away as they can while chocobo and monster are fighting. Once the Chocobo is felled, another one can be mounted if the Knight's Mount ability is refreshed.

EDIT: The Chocobo CANNOT be cured while the 2 HOUR is active. It will only maintain the defense of its helmet (if one is equipped) Therefore, it's meant to sacrifice itself.

Mount
    Level 1
    Interval: 45 minutes
    Duration: 30 minutes

The Chocobo Knight will mount his battle chocobo. The Knight will only be able to mount in zones that are designated as fields or dungeons. They are not able to mount in towns or buildings, etc. Battle Chocobos wear armor just like the knight, and due to this factor, do not gain much of a speed advantage.

Fields: If mounted in a field, the Chocobo Knight gains a slight speed increase, presumably just under the speed granted by the BRD's Chocobo Mazurka. This increase will last as long as the Knight stays in zones designated as fields.

Dungeons: While mounting in dungeons is possible, due to the enclosed surroundings, the battle chocobo will remain wary of the enclosure and not receive any speed bonus. A knight will move at the normal running speed.

Crossing from dungeon to field zones and vice versa will not result in the knight dismounting. However, if a knight crosses from dungeon/field into a town, he will not appear in the town mounted, and the timers will be frozen in their spot until the knight has exited the town, where he will appear outside, mounted, with the timers running down where they left off.

While mounted, the Knight is fully susceptible to aggressive monsters.

Charge
    Level 10
    Interval: 5 minutes
    Duration: 3 minutes

All attacks while mounted are enhanced.

Stand Ground
    Level 20
    Interval: 5 minutes
    Duration: 3 minutes

Defense while mounted is enhanced.

(if anyone thinks of any other good JA's, feel free to speak up, after all, it's not a real job, so if you think of something suitable, hell, go for it.)

Dig
    Level 25

Same as the 'Dig' command on a travel chocobo, no gyashl greens required.

JOB TRAITS

TRAIT LEVEL DESCRIPTION
    Mounted Attack Bonus 10 Improves power of attacks while mounted
    Intimidation 15 Lessens chance of catching aggro
    Mounted Defense Bonus 25 Improves defense while mounted
    Intimidation 30 Lessens chance of catching aggro
    Speed Bonus 50 5% speed increase in dungeons (mount)
    Speed Bonus 70 10% speed increase in dungeons (mount)
    Speed Bonus 75 5% speed increase in fields (mount)

WEAPONS

Chocobo Knights will be restricted to 2-Handed weapons only. These include Great Swords (A+), Great Axes, and Polearms. While unmounted, the Knight will receive the normal weapon skills associated with the weapon he has equipped, however, alongside each weapon skill, a mounted skill for each weapon will also exist. Effects of each of the coinciding skills is the same, but each is slightly enchanced while mounted.

EDIT:
    Example: When the Knight is mounted, Hard Slash is not accessible, only Hard Trample, but when the Knight is unmounted, Hard Slash is accessible but Hard Trample is not. It's one or the other.

Great Sword Weapon Skills and their Mounted Counterparts

Level 10- Hard Slash/Hard Trample
    Level 30- Power Slash/Power Trample
    Level 70- Frostbite/Frost Beak
    Level 150- Shockwave/Wark
    Level 175- Crescent Moon/Crescent Dash

Great Axe Weapon Skills and their Mounted Counterparts

Level 10- Shield Break/Corner
    Level 40- Iron Tempest/Drill Beak
    Level 100- Armor Break/Beak Smash
    Level 150- Keen Edge/Terrorize
    Level 175- Weapon Break/Clamp Beak

Polearm Weapon Skills and their Mounted Counterparts

Level 10- Double Thrust/Double Peck
    Level 30- Thunder Thrust/Thundering Stampede
    Level 100- Leg Sweep/Sweeping Stampede
    Level 150- Penta Thrust/Weaving Stampede
    Level 175- Vorpal Thrust/Viscious Rundown

ARMOR

Obviously, Chocobo Knights would benefit from +DEX, +ATK, and +DEF gear.

The Chocobo Helm
    Chocobos need armor too. Withstanding the attacks of monsters require special gear for the large birds that accompany their riders, however, the only equippable item is the selection of a Chocobo Helm. Chocobo Helmets are part of the "Shield" category, and therefore, to equip a Chocobo Helm, it would go in the Knight's shield box. I had previously allowed Knights to weild one handed swords, and when they weren't mounted, they could hold the Chocobo Helm as an actual shield, but I discarded that idea.

The Knight will only gain the defense of a Chocobo Helm if he is mounted, otherwise the stats are overlooked.

That's all I have for now, I may edit this post with additions later, but if anyone has helpful ideas, I encourage you to speak out! :D I also drew this, using the concept art as a reference. Wooooo...

Last edited by Xhaztol; 08-24-2005, 09:34 PM.

Re: Chocobo Knight - A guy can dream, right?

If we're all under the realm of making stuff up. Be kinda cool if they added a one handed pole and shield combo, a la Joust.
    Might think about lowering how long the berserk-esque JA lasts, that on top of berserk might make it overpowered/very dead CK.
    Also, check out Taz's thread on this: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...CHOCOBO+KNIGHT he had some equally cool ideas for it.

btw, really like the drawing. ^^
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I have to say, of all the chocobo knight posts ive seen on this forums since i joined it years ago... this one is the most thought out.
      The only thing is the Retreat ability. Having a tank like that, 2x the max hp of a person, and grabbing hate and attacking... seems a little much.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitoki
        I have to say, of all the chocobo knight posts ive seen on this forums since i joined it years ago... this one is the most thought out.
        The only thing is the Retreat ability. Having a tank like that, 2x the max hp of a person, and grabbing hate and attacking... seems a little much.
        I agree, it's not a bad idea as far as a 2hr goes, but it really needs to be toned down a bit.

And Tokitoki had it right. This was the most thought out as far as the Chocobo Knight goes.

I REALLY liked the drawing though. I'm thinking about using as one of my backgrounds. If you have some more like that, drop 'em in the Fan Art section. I'm sure a number of other members would sing your praise as well.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I forgot to add that the Chocobo would only have the DEF of its helmet. Besides, it's not meant to stay alive. And you can't Cure it. That might have been important to state. I'll edit it.

Comment

Over powered+100

A job having 3 A+ weapons...Nonono...Higher then a WARs great axe? Nope...Same as DRGs polearm, Nope...And higher then a DRKs Greatsword? you guessed it...nope...IF this job was ever made...The 2hour would be diffrent, it would use a food to call the chocobo NPC bought only...prolly expensive(Chocobos and AHs are the main way to take money out of the economy...this would be a good way to totaly ass fuck it...) and its weapons would all be a staggering B...It would prolly have an A- in polearm while GA and GS are in the B range...And you would be limited to Polearms higher lvl WSs...So it would be like BST and Scythe...no guillotine+ for them...

Comment

Anyway it would be a crappy job lol, i prefer my monk and samurai!
              Signature, ah!

Comment

Originally posted by Yashin
                A job having 3 A+ weapons...Nonono...
                Actually, if you read it correctly, I gave only Great Swords an A+ because no job currently has an A+ in them. And this wouldn't "ass fuck" the economy, because if you read, there are limitations to the speed increase. And a limit to the mount time in general. I think someone just skimmed this and decided to be negative.

And this was just a fun thing I did, who are you to even come in and say it's "wrong" and that "the two hour would be different" when they were concepts I came up with? Last time I checked, this job wasn't being planned and I had total freedom over it. Oh yeah, that was now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhaztol
                  [size=3]Mount
                  Level 1
                  [size=2][size=1]Interval: 45 minutes
                  Duration: 30 minutes
                  Ok when hes in a dungeon or a no chocobo ride zone he gets off for 15 mins and recalls it...free chocobo...

Sure you can have freedom over it...but put logical freedom with it...Also then having an A+ would be completly unfair to DRK...thats why they would have equal or lower then DRK, WAR, and DRG...

Its well thought out yes...but they would be over powerd...If you think it out and make it away that would balance the game it would be better...but just riding a chocobo at basicly any given time is reason enough this job will never make it to FFXI...

Comment

...but just riding a chocobo at basicly any given time is reason enough this job will never make it to FFXI...
                    Okay, but see, I never INTENDED for this job to make it to FFXI. Why you even care so much on denouncing my idea is beyond me. For all its worth, it shouldn't be that important to you.

:B

Comment

We've seen to many of these to take them seriously anymore. I know you said you didn't mean for this to make it into FFXI, but what other reasons are there to create all this? Anyways, my input:

Call Chocobo would have to be a two-hour ability.

The battle animations of the chocobo would have to animate the chocobo moving in a way to open up for an attack by the rider. Something such as the chocobo turning to the side for the rider to thrust the polearm, or the chocobo would learn forward along with the rider for a strike with a great sword or axe. Weapon skills wouldn't be possible. While mounted the chocobo would have it's own static set of weapon skills and armor specific weapon skills which would be determined by its armor at later levels. Chocobos will throw in their own pecking attack between the rider's attack.

Chocobo speed would not match that of a normal chocobo, and the knight would not be allowed to rent a normal chocobo. A speed run skill for the chocobo to match the speed of a normal chocobo would be used and available every thirty seconds, and last twenty seconds.

Chocobo armors could/would determine what the knight could do. Heavy armor might allow for the chocobo to tank, lighter ones might make the chocobo weapon skills stronger. Armors might allow certain skills to be useable such as weapon bash, shield bash, etc.

Chocobo Knight and his chocobo would not share the same health, but the chocobo would have more vitality/health, and less strength/attack than the rider. All hate generated by the rider would be transfered to the chocobo. Critical hits have a chance to damage both, AEs would damage both but lessened damage to the rider (Chocobo attempts to shield the rider). To keep things balanced the rider would provide the Atk, while the chocobo proivdes the defense. The rider would be limited to extremely light armor, thus they would have the defense to that of a mage so while off the chocobo they would have to be extremely careful with hate.

The rider would provide 50% of the damage while the chocobo's armor might allow the chocobo to provide the other 50%, but would not allow it to tank. Wearing tanking armor the rider would provice 50% of the damage, while the chocobo might provide 75% of normal tanking ability.

Weapon skills would include scratch, chocoball, meteor, and probably a few new ones. Light armor could enable the chocobo to do a jump kick, while heavier armor would allow it to tackle or rush.

I suppose that's all my input. It would be an extremely complicated job that would require a lot more armor/weapons along with animations etc. I don't see how Square could impliment it any other way while taking extreme balance into consideration.

Edit: Wouldn't it be interesting for SE to add advanced advanced job classes? Something where you might be required to level both Paladin and Beastmaster to 30 before being able to unlock Chocobo Knight. That would be awesome.

Comment

Ok when hes in a dungeon or a no chocobo ride zone he gets off for 15 mins and recalls it...free chocobo...

Sure you can have freedom over it...but put logical freedom with it...Also then having an A+ would be completly unfair to DRK...thats why they would have equal or lower then DRK, WAR, and DRG...

Its well thought out yes...but they would be over powerd...If you think it out and make it away that would balance the game it would be better...but just riding a chocobo at basicly any given time is reason enough this job will never make it to FFXI...
                        Could make aggro possible as a mounted CK too?! -- that would kindda balance it out?!
                        Tonks

White Mage, Black Mage, Bard

Comment

Originally posted by Xhaztol
                          Okay, but see, I never INTENDED for this job to make it to FFXI. Why you even care so much on denouncing my idea is beyond me. For all its worth, it shouldn't be that important to you.
                          No shit really? You where thinking of a job for FFXI, bringing it in or not it should still be balanced...

Comment

Making the Knight have a A+ in Gsword wouldnt screw anyone over... THF only have an A- in their Dagger and its their main weapon, DRK have 3 weapons they could use really use to some degree. GAxe is B+, not a bad skill level, could be used for Steel Cyclone on HNMs and is good to use before guillotine for Sturmwind. Damen used it to lvl his DRK to 37 and the gap doesnt come into play as much until lv 60+. Then they have A+ in scythe... RNG only has A- in bow/marks, THF only A- in Dagger, BRD has C+ or - in their singing and instrumental skills... Just cause someone gets a higher rating in a weapon than you do doesnt mean it screws you over.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Making the Knight have a A+ in Gsword wouldnt screw anyone over... THF only have an A- in their Dagger and its their main weapon, DRK have 3 weapons they could use really use to some degree. GAxe is B+, not a bad skill level, could be used for Steel Cyclone on HNMs and is good to use before guillotine for Sturmwind. Damen used it to lvl his DRK to 37 and the gap doesnt come into play as much until lv 60+. Then they have A+ in scythe... RNG only has A- in bow/marks, THF only A- in Dagger, BRD has C+ or - in their singing and instrumental skills... Just cause someone gets a higher rating in a weapon than you do doesnt mean it screws you over.
                              Well other then you being evicted you also have the highest dagger skill, and an A+ in evasion, hence your A- with dagger...Not to mention only thf can use dagger because with out SATA its just a plain bad weapon....

Im sure if some other job had an A in singing and could do all bard can it would deffently be better then BRD wouldnt you agree?

Comment

Working...
                              X